1. Are you planning to upload your awesome model to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Watcher

Submitted by JesusHipster
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Credit if used, edit it however you want.

I originaly planned for a Maiev/Warden model with a custom animation set, but after mdlvis destroyed my saved modelfile i've decided to rig the model with herobloodelf's animations. It performs very cool though.

This model is not compressed. Optimized version and other edits are available here.

Fitting effects:
Bottle of Poison Missile, Shadow Strike Upgraded and Imprisonment Spell.

Keywords:
Maiev, Watcher, Warden, NightElf, Armored, Battle, War, Mage, Assasin,, Knifes, Burning Crusade, Female, Male, Black Temple, Iron, Maiden, Raven, Kael
Contents

Watcher (Model)

Watcher (Model)

Assets
Reviews
10:09, 22nd Apr 2016 Misha: Nice, useful and performs great ingame. Approved.
  1. 10:09, 22nd Apr 2016
    Misha: Nice, useful and performs great ingame. Approved.

2. Maxwell

Maxwell

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A - awesome!
    Just another perfect model.

3. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Here is a testmap that i always use for my unit models and unused glaive model (thanks to Happy Tauren for fixing it and to Proxy for making the mesh of fingers).

Don't really have time to update the model in the nearest future, but i might do it at some point.

Feel free to edit and use this model and it's assets however you want.

UPDATE: added a placeholder version with Maiev's body and animations.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2016
  4. Direfury

Direfury

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The shoulderpads and helmet could use some more detail, they're a bit... Plain.

5. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    That's part of an idea.

6. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    Having followed the development of this, seeing what you were shooting for, this is... Quite interesting. I rather like it, though I agree that (even though it was intentional) the shoulderpads/helmet are much too plain.

7. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well, maybe. The thing is - it doesn't look too out of place among other wc3 models (that's one of the reasons I uploaded a test map this time - the other is to simplify the work for mods and reviewers). And about contrast with the lower mesh - her body is darkened and covered by a cape, so it's not a problem either. At least in my taste. There are models that look far more distinct (not in a good way) from wc3 contents than this one, even while having a more consistent level of detail. Hell, some models look bad because of overwhelmingly big level of detail on texture.

However I've heard your voice and maybe if I get to update this model (maybe I'm August or something) I will definitely try various ways to make those 'problematic' parts more detailed. I doubt that I will be able to coz' the quality of Warden texture, but il try.

Thank you two for your opinions on the subject of armor.

8. ToastAddict1057

ToastAddict1057

Resources:
    Resources:
    a
    w
    e
    s
    o
    m
    e

9. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Seems way to plain, also the anatomy is all wrong.

10. Meatmuffin

Meatmuffin

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Rufus, heavy breathing?

11. aeman

aeman

Resources:
    Resources:
    model looks like WoW

great

12. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Would love to use this as Maiev but I think the animation don't quite fit being a melee. Otherwise it's a pretty great model. :)

Edit: Give her a weapon too, please.

13. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    There is no anatomy, really. She is shoulderpads with a cape, everything under the cape is hardly visible so i don't consider her body being a little bit overacted a problem. Noone should, actualy.

Yeah, as i wrote in the model description - i was going for a custom animation set, but mdlvis corrupted my save. Maybe at some point in the future, but not right now.

You could ask someone to attach this model's head and shoulders to Maiev, this might work as a neat option too. Ha-ha.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  14. The_Silent

The_Silent

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Fair point

15. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    The model really needs details... Also a weapon would be nice. Maiev/AnyOtherWarden is not a mage such as Kael (which means change the animations too).

Pretty useful for WoW maps though.

16. BiroN

BiroN

Resources:
    Resources:
    Interesting and useful.

17. Stefan.K

Stefan.K

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    It ended up pretty well. The animations fit well, but you really need to do something with her attack animations. The current one don't really fit as we know Maiev is a melee fighter.

18. JesusHipster

JesusHipster

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Well, as it is it's more of a ranged magic throwing unit. However I've attached several versions where animations are adjusted for dagger throwing and even meele combat. I might just slap it's mesh onto Maievs bones as it was suggested by HappyTauren in the near future.

19. Sclammerz

Sclammerz

Resources:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Yes, please. :D