1. Are you planning to upload your awesome tool to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    July 9, 2018: The rules for the Tool Section have been revised. Please be sure to read the revisions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Mdlvis

Submitted by Anonymous
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
This tool originates from here

Mdlvis, a pretty easy war3 model-editing and animating tool.. it can work around the mesh and rewrap quickly, separate geosets easily, tweak normals, transfer meshes from one model to the other and rig them, position bones, particle effect nodes, attachment points, can make global, and regular animations, can compress and optimize models..

This tool was originally created by Alexey from xgm.ru.

Note to those on patch 1.28+:
Due to some of the archive changes/migration in 1.28, you may run into some issues getting MDLVis to run. Check out this post for a potential solution:
Mdlvis

Keywords:
mdlvis, model, editing, and, animating, tool
Contents

Mdlvis (Binary)

Reviews
20:10, 9th Nov 2013 Ralle:
  1. 20:10, 9th Nov 2013
    Ralle:

2. -JohnrheyCastor-

-JohnrheyCastor-

Resources:
    Resources:
    HEY!can i make models with this tool?

3. moshimashi

moshimashi

Resources:
    Resources:
    This tool is already posted.

4. Roland

Roland

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    Sorry, but this tool is already posted in the site.

5. Kwaliti

Kwaliti

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can any of you two link towards it?

6. Statharas

Statharas

Resources:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:

Uuugh, nope.

7. CreatorD3292

CreatorD3292

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    I saw someone i know in the picture :">

8. xorkatoss

xorkatoss

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hmm this is weird, hive didn't have mdlvis all this time?
    also which version is it? there is a version that's buggy in the preview...too bad i can't test now...

9. Munich

Munich

Resources:
    Resources:
    Great!

10. PratamaJr

PratamaJr

Resources:
    Resources:
    Crash?? Help me

11. masterbielski

masterbielski

Resources:
    Resources:
    What is better in this tool than w3 model editor?

12. Kallineon

Kallineon

Resources:
    Resources:
    can someone help me with UV map editor. can i somehow change .blp tiles in UV map editor, for example blizzard have ice.blp, and I want put some another .blp like flame4.blp?

13. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I was about to be all "HEY GUYS, I FINALLY FOUND THE CREATOR!", but I just checked the topic and hey, it's right there at the top in the Credits. Guess I just never thought to look. :<

Anyway, it's still a cool read (hard to do so with the Google Translate, but...). Original text here.

14. Alok

Alok

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Can someone explain to me why this tool has (outdated) Warcraft 3 game files in its folder? The tool (only the .exe) is supposed to go into the Warcraft III directory (to use the game files). There is a possibility that these old-patch game files create an incompatibility which affects the models edited with this tool on the new patches (some of these old-patch files are even differently named than the new ones and one of them doesn't exist any more in the new patches).
    On the other hand, when I downloaded the tool from xgm.ru (there, only the .exe is provided) and put it into the Warcraft 3 directory, MdlVis was really unstable and shaking all the time, which draws me to the conclusion that MdlVis is maybe incompatible with the new patches, and that's why it needs old Warcraft 3 game files to function properly.

Edit: If you tick "Workplane" on the right, there is no more shaking and unstableness with the new-patch files. You can use the new-patch files without any problem instead of using the provided old-patch files. The shaking exists with the old-patch files too when "Workplane" isn't ticked, it's just that the Hive download has a pre-set setup with it ticked. You can also copy the new-patch files from the Warcraft 3 folder into another folder which contains MdlVis.exe for MdlVis to use them separately from the game.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  15. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    That's a strange set of issues... Not sure I've had it, myself (either the shaking or the incompatibility)...

16. Alok

Alok

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Untick the "Workplane" on the right and it will shake anyway. And for incompatibility, I'm not sure, but it's possible that those old outdated files create some kind of an incompatibility.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2017
  17. EdwardElric

EdwardElric

Resources:
    Resources:
    Alerts: "It has been a while since you downloaded Mdlvis. Please consider leaving feedback and a rating."
    Well, wanted to answer following question anyway, since there still is no info in the description:
    - It's Mdlvis1.40Eng [2007_03_06] (Alexey2005) & i think it's still the latest...

my feedback:
    - bad: annoying bug: you cannot open MDL files with any comments inside (= "//...")
    - good: strong in MDX/MDL conversion: for converting i would prefer mdlvis, because it could convert the human cannon tower (the one with 3rd upgrade) while Magos just gave error msg!

18. Toaster

Toaster

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well...Use this can crash model's normals...So any other tools can be use??

19. Hookpuc

Hookpuc

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nice work I like it!!!