• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• spencenator - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1543105-post832.html[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • alext - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1542834-post811.html[/url]

• ronojales - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1542684-post803.html[/url]

• Hunterravyn - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1542481-post793.html[/url]

• Vakama_Lynx - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1541708-post755.html[/url]

• Kala - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1541674-post754.html[/url]

• Zanar - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1537498-post676.html[/url]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Imo the Archangel hero is getting the votes simply because of the looks and because a lot of people like that model :p

Also the concept is extremelly abusable through 1 of it's passives.
You can actually proc the passive by hitting the stop button over and over again, everytime he starts to attack a unit you hit S and really soon you will have your own army of spirits =p

Refrence pic to follow up.

Attachments

• bugged.JPG
    bugged.JPG
    147.2 KB · Views: 126
Level 24
Imo the Archangel hero is getting the votes simply because of the looks and because a lot of people like that model :p

Also the concept is extremelly abusable through 1 of it's passives.
You can actually proc the passive by hitting the stop button over and over again, everytime he starts to attack a unit you hit S and really soon you will have your own army of spirits =p

Refrence pic to follow up.

Review mine please :wink:

Level 25
@NearbyHermit

1st skill:

Seems fine, the effect is pretty generic though.

2nd skill:

Useless to cast until you get level 6.

3rd skill:

A big no to learn.
Let's look at it like this:
*You make units slower in movement, which in battle is useless against range units.
*In battle you make enemies attack faster, that way your enemies range units gain 1/3 more DPS than you, meaning for every 3 range of unit's of same type, they have the DPS of 4 units (on last level).

4th skill:

Great skill if you are packing ton of health and armor, due to the 2nd skill you can turn the tides of battles but the chance of the reallly usefull effect, which in this case is situational.

Overall, this hero is extremely situational, working well with some and working bad in some situations.

Level 25
Sure, here it goes:

1st skill:

Free money skill. You build a merchant shop and simply sell the consumables and you profit and get increased income which may just give you the edge you need in order to win.

2nd skill:

My favorite skill. It is pretty balanced and the concept is great.
I only think you should have said what the critical strike % is and does it increase per level.
Also the leviathan bonus is a bit imbalanced.

3rd skill:

Let's see:
*Lasts until killed => too much.
*26 damage per second on level 1.
*750 health which is only 50 less than a knight on level 1.

The skill reminds me of Final Fantasy series, but it has some questionable flaws.

It lasts until killed, which by my thoughts won't ever happen.
On 1st level it can help you gather increased income easially by allowing expansion since you can have it tank the creeps at the gold mine for example.
The high Health makes sure it can survive a hell of nukes and it decimates armies by providing a high damage output for the cost of almost nothing.

I would seriously put 30 seconds of duration on it, imo.

Ultimate skill:

The skill is very well thought of.
It has some small lacking points:
*The burning effect(on units) is too big, you should scale it down or use some minor effect(can't remember whether it is the leviathan shell or not)
*The skill's tooltip doesn't show how much damage the flame deals, nor how much it increases the damage of leviathan
*Flames shouldn't dissapear, you should have just gave them a passive immolation and let them go through units, would look better, imo.

Also i noticed you used custom values somewhere in your triggers, you should avoid using CV.

Anyway this is now my 2nd best hero by opinion, the ideas are great, though they need tweaking.
It is an outrage it has 0 votes.

Level 24
@NearbyHermit

1st skill:

Seems fine, the effect is pretty generic though.

2nd skill:

Useless to cast until you get level 6.

3rd skill:

A big no to learn.
Let's look at it like this:
*You make units slower in movement, which in battle is useless against range units.
*In battle you make enemies attack faster, that way your enemies range units gain 1/3 more DPS than you, meaning for every 3 range of unit's of same type, they have the DPS of 4 units (on last level).

4th skill:

Great skill if you are packing ton of health and armor, due to the 2nd skill you can turn the tides of battles but the chance of the reallly usefull effect, which in this case is situational.

Overall, this hero is extremely situational, working well with some and working bad in some situations.

Thank you Kingz !

What I aimed in the first place was the protection of your team, by gaining all the damage !

I found the concept of the 3rd skill to be like a ''give away'' passive, as firstly I thought of a Frenzy based ability. In which you casted on an enemy unit and lowered his health while he gained a large amount of attack speed,but as I said, I needed a passive.

Thanks again for the review.

Also, an overall mark ?

Level 9
Thinking of it now, he is awful imba (the leviathan used to have more health, was reduced because I thought it was too imba XD). About selling consumables: totally forgot about that. Oops. well thanks for the review!

Level 7
You guys should know that judging with a lazy/busy judge takes aeons.

For example, Solo Mapping Contest was over about half year ago or something close to that, the contestants never got the results.(still waiting)

That probably is what will happen in this contest.

Level 12
Level 16
the other stuff u should consider is that judges have also a life beside THW, as far as I know he has school and also had 1months+ vacations where he wasn't at home.

E.G.: I needed 1-2hours judging time per entrant. 27 entries is really much. No worries you'll get the results soon!

Level 22
Lolol, just hold on. Having a bunch of tests. Remember there's around 25 entries each having 4 spells (and some even have additional systems) which is ~100 spells in total I have to review. That's a lot more than several triggers & scripts mini contests combined and many of us know how long those take to judge.

There are less than 10 entries left. My school laptop is most likely reformatted on Monday which means that some of the annoying blocks might be removed which allows me to review while at school (my schoolday last from 08:25 to 16:30). I will of course review this weekend.

Btw, would be nice if I had been informed of this discussion. It was just a coincidence I popped in here and saw the thread.

Level 16
Lolol, just hold on. Having a bunch of tests. Remember there's around 25 entries each having 4 spells (and some even have additional systems) which is ~100 spells in total I have to review. That's a lot more than several triggers & scripts mini contests combined and many of us know how long those take to judge.

There are less than 10 entries left. My school laptop is most likely reformatted on Monday which means that some of the annoying blocks might be removed which allows me to review while at school (my schoolday last from 08:25 to 16:30). I will of course review this weekend.

Btw, would be nice if I had been informed of this discussion. It was just a coincidence I popped in here and saw the thread.

then go for it, and don't be sad :)

Status
Not open for further replies.