• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero Contest #3 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entry!

• spencenator - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1543105-post832.html[/url]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • alext - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1542834-post811.html[/url]

• ronojales - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1542684-post803.html[/url]

• Hunterravyn - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1542481-post793.html[/url]

• Vakama_Lynx - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1541708-post755.html[/url]

• Kala - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1541674-post754.html[/url]

• Zanar - [url]http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1537498-post676.html[/url]

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
The poll won't hold any heavy weight. In the race building contest I had 3 votes in the poll and came in second, where the other people had like 30+ votes(I think). So in the end the judges score will weigh the most, where the poll will actually yield little results.

Depends on the judgers I'd say. If the judges are very primitive and just do as many users voting in the public poll, than you actually can just rely on making spells with overwhelming effects and care less about efficiency and usefulness.

Nah, judges don't work like that. Sure effects are voted for extra points, it's one of the criteria (how good the spell is visually), but especially The_Reborn_Devil, who is a spell moderator and approves of spells coding-wise mostly, will also follow the same way. I am sorry, but I am not aware of xD.Schurke's activity, so I can't tell.

Level 17
Nah, judges don't work like that. Sure effects are voted for extra points, it's one of the criteria (how good the spell is visually), but especially The_Reborn_Devil, who is a spell moderator and approves of spells coding-wise mostly, will also follow the same way. I am sorry, but I am not aware of xD.Schurke's activity, so I can't tell.

I didn't specify on them anyway. I know, both of them are doing very well as judge. xD.Schurke has a lot of experience in contests like this one and he also won the last hero contest. The_Reborn_Devil hasn't been become a mod just like that :p he's very good and talented at reviewing/judging as well!
I was judge once for a Zephyr Challange and I made the mistake I was speaking about - I looked too much on effects (in defense - this only occured at one submission ... I believe most of the others were well-judged!) which as a result messed it up a bit. I had many discussions later on <.<

Level 13
some interesting submissions here. i might've participated were it not for that i'm going to make an entire map of heroes...and i really only made a single good hero all by myself and don't want someone stealing him, heh heh.

i liked the illidan green spells submission. i have learned some things with graphics that i didn't know before from studying that one. i didn't know twirlies were so simple.

also, i liked the tinker with the flying ship submission, that is a very interesting and wacky hero, which i think would go great as is (with code streamlining, supposedly, and obvoius balance changes, if any, of course) in my map that i haven't worked on in ages called flying fortress.

there are a lot of other cool submissions too but those are the most influential for me at this point. i'd say about 1/6th of them at least are going to help me through making new heroes quite well. but the only one probably i'd keep the most like it is would be the tinker one that i mentioned. the rest although quite good, are missing little things along the way to give them that oomph to be exceptional. my hero might've been exception had i posted it, but like i said i don't want to do it. anyway, that hero wouldn't've impressed anyone most likely...it's way too simple, even if it is good.

as it is, i've tested every hero now but i'd say it would be unfair to vote at this point since i haven't examined the code for every hero yet...

i'm not sure what i'll find among the others, i just did notice that there were a lot of jass coded maps out there and a lot of gui coded ones. i glanced at the code for each map but gave them all too quick a glance to be impressed by anything very very fancy, if there was anything like that, which i doubt. at any rate, i've only looked closely at the code for one of the maps and that's the one i first mentioned so at this point it's unfair to vote for which one's the best but just from testing, i'd say that tinker with flying ship one is the best.

Last edited:
One thing I did not understand.
Pharaoh_ used the model of Anubis, the god of darkness into his hero. E nominated the hero of Prist of the Eternal Sun

Sorry, didn't see that. Anubis was not the god of darkness, he was the god of mummification (that's why he is presented mummifying), the one to prepare the dead body for the journey to the afterlife; Seth was the god of darkness and destruction.
Finally, I didn't find any other model which would have a more "neutral" theme. As you can see, I used various concepts, like light, darkness, necromancy, all of them don't represent Anubis for sure. Thanks to Happy Cockroach, I at least had one model to work with egyptian concept.

Level 13
why would you vote for pharaoh's? he uses enhanced gui, can't even open his map. and his hero is butt-ugly...it looks like he turned his own map into his test map...talk about having a non-generic hero...did you read his tooltips? it was a bunch of stuff i didn't understand because it was all about game mechanics for a game i never played before...

i'm not sure if it's the same with pharaoh's map too or not...but in xiliger's map...the spells don't do what the tooltips say they do...like for example they might say they do damage to units but they don't do any damage... so why you would vote for a loser like xiliger is beyond me...

pretty much if their tooltips don't line up with what the spell actually does, i think they need to be disqualified...

why would you vote for pharaoh's? he uses enhanced gui, can't even open his map. and his hero is butt-ugly...it looks like he turned his own map into his test map...talk about having a non-generic hero...did you read his tooltips? it was a bunch of stuff i didn't understand because it was all about game mechanics for a game i never played before...

I'm sorry, what's all this hatred about? And what game did I include in the tooltips you are not aware of?

Level 13
First I thought of voting for Pharaoh_, man that was a good one, but then, I saw this dingo guy ;)
and he was quite good too.

I could give a better review, but ..
to lazy to write all the stuff down here.
So my vote goes for dingo!

all the map files names are based off the maker of the hero, right? but none of them are dingo. which one are you talking about? (whose are you talking about?)

"I'm sorry, what's all this hatred about? And what game did I include in the tooltips you are not aware of?"

i'm not hating on you, i just think you should convert all your enhanced gui triggers into custom text and save the map so that everyone can open up your map. please do it, now. also, i find it difficult to rate your hero as i don't understand it, although, from what i could tell, but doesn't mean much since i don't understand it, your tooltips didn't seem to line up with what the spells actually did.

and your map is like some kind of aos testing map, isn't it? i think there was one or two others that were like that. but yours is some sortof special desert map and there's a lot of gameplay talk that i don't understand in your tooltips...i can't be more clear than that, don't be stupid, you should know what i'm talking about.

edit:
ok, you meant xxdingo93xx's map, huh?
alright.
one thing i'll say i why i liked his map was because it was cool that he was using pathing blockers for that rocky terrain. some of the spells themselves were interesting...
i haven't examined his code very well... but uh...
it looks like his ultimate doesn't really do what it's supposed to do. that's kindof a letdown.
perhaps he was trying to hide it by making the wolf be at level 1 and forcing you to run all around the map getting the tomes of power? btw, the hero is too weak to take on the enemies but you didn't give him any troops to help him out...i think the testing environment is a failure and i think the ultimate doesn't work... i wouldn't vote for him and i'm not sure why you would.

why aren't you voters giving reasons for your votes instead of just saying, 'i vote for that guy'?

It's not gameplay talk, it's the concept: it reveals the religion of the Egyptians. If I just added "it damages nearby enemies every x seconds dealing y damage", it would lack the concept that I wanted to add to the hero.

Have you updated your patch? No one else complained of inability to open the map.

So what if it's an AoS style? You have the chance to test the hero in action, in every kind of situation.

M0rbid is speaking of xxdingo93xx.

Plus, don't call me stupid, your previous post contains something I can't even call "negative feedback" and now you become offensive. If you have appetite for flaming, you might want to redirect it somewhere else. There is no reason to call for "disqualification"; you are not even responsible for that, nor you have such an authority.

i'm not sure if it's the same with pharaoh's map too or not...but in xiliger's map...the spells don't do what the tooltips say they do...like for example they might say they do damage to units but they don't do any damage... so why you would vote for a loser like xiliger is beyond me...

pretty much if their tooltips don't line up with what the spell actually does, i think they need to be disqualified...

As I see, you want to KICK in ass 2 guys, because you dont like their Heroes. Who the hell are YOU to say "they need to be disqualified"? You called xiliger a loser. This point on offence and flaming... for what excuse mua? Becasue you again dont like their Heroes? :hohum:

Thet is why judges/moderators exist. They are taking desigions about what is the best and this must to be hard sometimes. If tooltips are not good for some reasons, judge can simply descrease points.

Let Judges do their work. Download maps, test heroes, chose whatever you like, vote, BUT do it carefuly. Every vote is expensive for everyone who entered this contest and worked so much.

btw, the hero is too weak to take on the enemies but you didn't give him any troops to help him out...i think the testing environment is a failure and i think the ultimate doesn't work... i wouldn't vote for him and i'm not sure why you would.

why aren't you voters giving reasons for your votes instead of just saying, 'i vote for that guy'?

So you want troops to test xxdingo93xx's and in the maps, which contained troops (the ones you flagged as "AoS") is something you are against? Aren't you contradicting?

Just because you don't find some hero interesting or worthy of voting, it doesn't mean that everyone agrees or likes the same ones you do. So, "i wouldn't vote for him and i'm not sure why you would." is something really unecessary.

You can't force people to tell their opinion. This is a poll, leaving comment is optional. If you find it necessary to comment, comment, but you realize the comments you leave make you sound annoying, right?

Finally, it's the hero you need to review, not the map the hero is placed in.

Level 13
i can see someone voted for darkyvm's submission...

this is an example of a hero that i liked.

i liked his buff, and his nuke, very interesting...although i wonder if his nuke might be too strong against heroes...but obviously that can be rebalanced.

also his mana regeneration passive was cool, and the morph ability was interesting. i didn't get a chance to test him extensively because he runs low on health so fast, but it all seemed to check out ok.

He need to get -repss! AND BAN!!! SanKakU calls everyone loser.

please look at ALL my posts and don't say impulsive nonsense like this. my first post in this thread was APPRECIATING two of the submissions.

WOW, guys, stop accusing me of flaming.

all i said was i don't understand his hero, and i asked him to stop playing stupid because he was acting like he didn't know what i was talking about.

Level 13
@SanKakU

Go to cry somewhere else if you don't understand those tooltips. Those tooltips are typed very well and I can't find a way how you could make 'em better. AND everyone else seems to understand 'em so why in name of three hells Pharaoh_ should be disqualified? Beause you can't understand tool tips where is explained what spell do and they are even typed with very very good english? So... Pharaoh_ should be disqualified because your skill of understanding english isn't just good enough, right? No... no.. no...

Stop flaming and insulting others... it's just so childish...

And if you think Xiliger is a loser why didn't you just enter the contest and show us some supah-übar triggering skill what beat everyone else's triggers/spells/concepts easily? You just can't call anyone is a loser because you haven't done anything by yourself.

Level 13
As I see, you want to KICK in ass 2 guys, because you dont like their Heroes. Who the hell are YOU to say "they need to be disqualified"? You called xiliger a loser. This point on offence and flaming... for what excuse mua? Becasue you again dont like their Heroes? :hohum:

Thet is why judges/moderators exist. They are taking desigions about what is the best and this must to be hard sometimes. If tooltips are not good for some reasons, judge can simply descrease points.

Let Judges do their work. Download maps, test heroes, chose whatever you like, vote, BUT do it carefuly. Every vote is expensive for everyone who entered this contest and worked so much.

i understand that, but IT IS A PRETTY BIG DEAL IF HIS TOOLTIP SAYS THAT A SPELL CAUSES DAMAGE, AND IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING! IT JUST LOOKS PRETTY!
@SanKakU

Go to cry somewhere else if you don't understand those tooltips. Those tooltips are typed very well and I can't find a way how you could make 'em better. AND everyone else seems to understand 'em so why in name of three hells Pharaoh_ should be disqualified? Beause you can't understand tool tips where is explained what spell do and they are even typed with very very good english? So... Pharaoh_ should be disqualified because your skill of understanding english isn't just good enough, right? No... no.. no...

Stop flaming and insulting others... it's just so childish...

And if you think Xiliger is a loser why didn't you just enter the contest and show us some supah-übar triggering skill what beat everyone else's triggers/spells/concepts easily? You just can't call anyone is a loser because you haven't done anything by yourself.

that's not necessary because others here such as darkyvm already posted good heroes...

i'm not crying, now you're being insulting. all i did was give my opinion of the submissions that people said they were voting for, and asking them to explain why they voted for those. you're reading too much into it and overreacting. chill out guys.

if you can't handle someone's opinion, why are you posting here?

also, you should learn english, because if you had, you would read my posts and realize that i said that xiliger should be disqualified, not pharaoh. perhaps that's why you think there's nothing wrong with the tooltips...

So you want troops to test xxdingo93xx's and in the maps, which contained troops (the ones you flagged as "AoS") is something you are against? Aren't you contradicting?

Just because you don't find some hero interesting or worthy of voting, it doesn't mean that everyone agrees or likes the same ones you do. So, "i wouldn't vote for him and i'm not sure why you would." is something really unecessary.

You can't force people to tell their opinion. This is a poll, leaving comment is optional. If you find it necessary to comment, comment, but you realize the comments you leave make you sound annoying, right?

Finally, it's the hero you need to review, not the map the hero is placed in.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? xxdingo93xx's map was not an aos map. DUDE, stop posting, and test the submissions again!

and while you're at it, actually READ my posts. both you and Piwlady seemed to have forgotten to do that.

Level 13
that's not necessary because others here such as darkyvm already posted good heroes...

In Finland... we have this one dictum. It goes like " Beauty is in eyes of looker" And with that I mean everyone has their own opinions. And if my opinion is ( and it definetly is )that Pharaoh_'s hero is better than others and I really like that hero what he made, then it's my opinion, not yours. So my vote goes for Pharaoh_. If you think that darkyvm made great hero it's your opinion and your vote goes for him or someone else. There is just no need for make this size of scene because you don't like someone's hero.

Level 13
In Finland... we have this one dictum. It goes like " Beauty is in eyes of looker" And with that I mean everyone has their own opinions. And if my opinion is ( and it definetly is )that Pharaoh_'s hero is better than others and I really like that hero what he made, then it's my opinion, not yours. So my vote goes for Pharaoh_. If you think that darkyvm made great hero it's your opinion and your vote goes for him or someone else. There is just no need for make this size of scene because you don't like someone's hero.

i'm inviting you to tell me why you liked pharaoh's submission.

why not? some people here might be too lazy to check it out and want you to talk about it. or someone like me, might be considered begging you to explain it to me. what's the harm in explaining your experience?

edit: where i come from, ugly isn't an evil four letter word. it just means you don't wanna ask the gal or guy out on a date. seriously. i feel like you guys attacked me just because i used that word.

I am not in the mood to respond to the invitation for flaming back.
I do read your posts twice and thrice, in order to realize what's up with you. People leave comments for the hero they voted, they don't advertise in a negative manner the rest submissions. Have you ever participated in a contest? Anyway, that was rhetorical, I don't seek for any reply. If you believe you are commenting in a creative way, keep it up.

Level 13
spencenator (my favorite submission), Pharaoh_, and whoever else made their triggers with enhanced gui (OR SOMEONE WHO CAN OPEN THEIR MAPS), can you please convert the triggers to custom text and pastebin the map for me? i can't open the maps.

edit: got a pm from pharaoh_
nevermind, i'll do it myself.
i was just trying to be polite by asking you to do it.
it's not my fault if you can only be rude.

ah...it might have something to do with the new hashtable gui functions...

spencenator (my favorite submission), Pharaoh_, and whoever else made their triggers with enhanced gui (OR SOMEONE WHO CAN OPEN THEIR MAPS), can you please convert the triggers to custom text and pastebin the map for me? i can't open the maps.

edit: got a pm from pharaoh_
nevermind, i'll do it myself.
i was just trying to be polite by asking you to do it.
it's not my fault if you can only be rude.

ah...it might have something to do with the new hashtable gui functions...

Why don't you tell the truth?
Here are the pm's. If you want to call me rude, let people know why and if I indeed were.
SanKakU said:
hey, i'm sorry i called your hero ugly. that was wrong of me. please forgive me. now will you please custom text your triggers so i can open your map? and while you're at it, if you don't mind, since you're online now, can you do it with spencenator's map, too? that was my favorite and i can't open it up, either for the same reason i'm pretty sure.

Pharaoh_ said:
I want to believe you're sorry, but I don't and honestly, I've had enough of your language; you didn't even test the hero in the map and you already made so many comments, you even wondered why people voted for the hero in the first place. You wonder why I made it AoS like and you didn't even test it. Sorry, I can't help you.

SanKakU said:
I DID NOT DISLIKE THAT YOU MADE THE TEST MAP IN AOS. WOW, YOU'RE BEING SUCH A BASTARD. I HAVE VERY DRY SKIN SO THAT'S PROBABLY WHY I FOUND YOUR MAP REPULSIVE, IT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT YOUR HERO WAS UGLY, AND I'M SORRY I DIDN'T TELL YOU THAT. now do you understand?

Am I trully the rude one?

Level 13
uh huh. those are after all, PRIVATE MESSAGES. and this is a public thread.

and btw, i didn't use color in my pm. plus the fact that you think i was lying although you repeatedly told me that i was telling you that i didn't like aos testing maps shows that you are calling me a liar and have zero basis for it.

consider the fact that xxdingo93xx's map is not an aos map although you told me i said that it was as evidence enough that you've lost your lucidity.

I should be negrepped for becoming off-topic, so I will say this and close my conversation with you.
Being offensive doesn't change between public and private threads; if you want to be right and call people with names, do it in a right way, don't misinform the public, just because they weren't observers of your pms. No one asked you to pm me and play it regretful. So, pack up your aggressiveness and express it somewhere else.

Level 13
meh. i just wanted to give you an opportunity, as an honored participant, to show some class. but you failed. you told me i was saying stuff that i wasn't saying, just because of a single insult, you raged all over me and brought your fan along for the ride.

i'm pretty sure most people would agree that you tarnished your reputation as an honored participant by this time. and although i had something to do with it, it's your fault, for lacking honor.

Level 9
@ SanKaKu

You cannot open my map? That is your problem, for I made that hero using vanilla world editor. Try reinstalling.

And really dude, stop posting. No offense, but right now you're just making yourself look bad.

Level 17

Please tell me why I am a looser? Lets say I made a mistake with my coding. So because I made a mistake, I am a looser? And as far as I know there is no mistake. Please tell me witch spell of mine is faulty?

Level 17
I won't continue this drama ... let me get this out anyway.

edit:
ok, you meant xxdingo93xx's map, huh?
alright.
one thing i'll say i why i liked his map was because it was cool that he was using pathing blockers for that rocky terrain. some of the spells themselves were interesting...
I'm glad that you liked my terrain, even though I am not very talented at it.

i haven't examined his code very well... but uh...
it looks like his ultimate doesn't really do what it's supposed to do. that's kindof a letdown.
I checked my ultimate's tooltip again since you unsettled me. Anyways, the spell is just perfectly doing what it has to. There's nothing wrong, neither in the spell nor the tooltip.

perhaps he was trying to hide it by making the wolf be at level 1 and forcing you to run all around the map getting the tomes of power?
I more valued the hero and the spells than the concept of the testing map. Sure, an AoS map would have been better, but I think all (or most..) contestants are too lazy doing that. In challanges like these, there should be a default AoS map where contestants have to implement their hero so that there aren't any problems testing the map, I'd say. (And it would prevent dramas like the one before this post <.<)

btw, the hero is too weak to take on the enemies but you didn't give him any troops to help him out...i think the testing environment is a failure and i think the ultimate doesn't work... i wouldn't vote for him and i'm not sure why you would.
I don't disclaim the testing map to be a failure, but as already mentioned - the ultimate works just perfectly. If you don't want to vote for me then just don't, fine with me. However, you are not the only user to vote here so your "I'm not sure why you would vote for him"-statement is just unnecessary. As Piwlady already mentioned - everyone has his own opinion about which hero he likes most.

Kinda true. However, since there are many contestants in here, giving the reason why you vote for your favorite probably should be enough.

Level 13
i'm inviting you to tell me why you liked pharaoh's submission.

Ok.
I loved the eyecandy. I loved how the spells worked together. I loved the theme. I loved the model choice. I loved the concpet of hero. No leaks, good coding. Good tooltips, tells everything that I want and bit more, no typos, good english. Spells was pretty balanced and original.

There you go some things why i voted Pharaoh_'s :)

And because there was two polls, check the old poll http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/recycle-bin-368/hero-contest-3-poll-164848/ for other's reasons of vote if you are interested.

Level 13
Please tell me why I am a looser? Lets say I made a mistake with my coding. So because I made a mistake, I am a looser? And as far as I know there is no mistake. Please tell me witch spell of mine is faulty?

i think the one that seems to be broken is flame break. and i don't really understand the ultimate. i think it just harms trees? i might be totally wrong, but i'm pretty sure both those spells look like they're supposed to be damaging units, but perhaps only damage units if those units are already under the effect of your spell pyroclasm? is that how it is? kinda weird for two of your other spells to be dependant on another...
i'll redownload the map just to be sure, so, unless i made a terrible mistake flame break doesn't seem to do anything by itself. which doesn't seem right.

if that's the case, why don't your tooltips explain the spells properly? ^ ^

i know pharaoh thinks i'm a bad guy for disliking tooltips when they don't seem to give the proper information, but i think it's a good habit to make sure they do what they're supposed to do, at least. and when you make a map like this...if you want your tooltip to look like that, at least include some in game message instructions or something like that so the tester knows what's up?

flames of the blood hand worked just fine, but...
the way you balanced the spell seems not good.
because as you level it up it gets weaker or from a certain point of view stays about the same...it doesn't get stronger. usually spells get stronger when you level them up.

"Kinda true. However, since there are many contestants in here, giving the reason why you vote for your favorite probably should be enough. "

but i hadn't voted for my favorite yet...i'm not even done looking at the code yet. i guess i like to share a lot. obviously i can look offensive when i do that, but really i'm just trying to get you all involved in my testings of the spells, and i would encourage you guys to do the same. it makes the contest feel more alive that way, imo.

and about the ultimate ability for the wolf...
could you explain more exactly how to use your ultimate and what it does? because i didn't get it. i'm sorry, maybe the hero was just grossly underpowered and i erroneously thought the spell was supposed to do something more.

Level 17
and about the ultimate ability for the wolf...
could you explain more exactly how to use your ultimate and what it does? because i didn't get it. i'm sorry, maybe the hero was just grossly underpowered and i erroneously thought the spell was supposed to do something more.

The ultimate spell Thunderous Apocalypse makes 20 of these lightning comets fall off the sky. As soon as they reach the ground, they explode, causing a shockwave which damages enemies (depending on how close they are to the impact point). It is a channeling spell (like flamestrike/starfall) which means if you move, kill or just stop the hero, he will stop casting it. If I'm not mistaken, the spell duration should be 15 seconds and every 0.75 seconds another lightning comet should fall off the sky. Understood?

Level 13
Ok.
I loved the eyecandy. I loved how the spells worked together. I loved the theme. I loved the model choice. I loved the concpet of hero. No leaks, good coding. Good tooltips, tells everything that I want and bit more, no typos, good english. Spells was pretty balanced and original.

There you go some things why i voted Pharaoh_'s :)

And because there was two polls, check the old poll http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/recycle-bin-368/hero-contest-3-poll-164848/ for other's reasons of vote if you are interested.

thanks for the link.

and i do agree the eyecandy was interesting. although i think it could've perhaps used some work. but i'm not really one to criticize that sortof thing since i myself suck with graphics. i think it has potential as a hero and that it could use some more refinement. i guess i'd say the same about that other one which was similiar to which you mentioned that you liked but thought was possibly overpowered. i was going to ask you what you thought of it, but followed the link before i posted.

i'm not sure, but didn't the pharaoh's third skill remove enemy units from the game inside it's aoe? isn't that kindof overpowered?

but also, i didn't think Pharaoh_'s english was very good in the tooltips. there were errors.

now to read the rest of that old thread you linked to.

edit: oh hey, xxdingo93xx, thanks so much for the quick reply. i'll go test it right now.
edit: yeah...that's about what i thought it was supposed to do...but the problem is...
when the comets come down...only sometimes do they do any damage...and when they do...it's usually like 10-30 damage or maybe less. but the tooltip says the minimum damage is supposed to be 50. the comets only appear to damage the units about 10 percent of the time when you would think they should, and like i said, the damage is way too low. i added to the esc button press trigger the action to reset cooldowns and make hero level 10 and tested it repeatedly, and always got the same results.
edit: ok i tested it again, this time in the water...and it seemed to work ok in the water. whenever i tried casting it on land it wouldn't work right...the units that you were attacking with it seemed to be getting healed constantly...

"but then the SC2 WE finished downloading and I got distracted"
lol! honesty is more funny than fiction.

Last edited:
Level 17
edit: oh hey, xxdingo93xx, thanks so much for the quick reply. i'll go test it right now.
edit: yeah...that's about what i thought it was supposed to do...but the problem is...
when the comets come down...only sometimes do they do any damage...and when they do...it's usually like 10-30 damage or maybe less. but the tooltip says the minimum damage is supposed to be 50. the comets only appear to damage the units about 10 percent of the time when you would think they should, and like i said, the damage is way too low. i added to the esc button press trigger the action to reset cooldowns and make hero level 10 and tested it repeatedly, and always got the same results.
edit: ok i tested it again, this time in the water...and it seemed to work ok in the water. whenever i tried casting it on land it wouldn't work right...the units that you were attacking with it seemed to be getting healed constantly...

Makes the Lightning Spirit summon 20 lightning-meteors falling off the sky. When a meteor hits the ground, it causes a shockwave which causes damage to enemies touching it. The nearer the enemies stand to the impact-point, the more damage they receive. The maximal amount of damage they can receive is 50. Also, if the enemies stand near the middle of the impact-point, they have a 50% chance to get stunned for 2 seconds.

Structures receive damage the same way, however the maximal amount of damage they can receive is 80.

Watch the tooltip again - it says the maximum amount of damage targets can receive from the missiles is 50. The farer away the targets are from the impact point, the less damage they receive. Probably you're right of saying the spell is too weak ... but in combination with the other spells it is not. With Lightning Curse they can receive an additional amount of damage. In addition, the ultimate spell also triggers the passive spell Lightning Vortex! Anyways, if you think it is underpowered - I made it perfectly configurable, you can change the receivable damage to whatever you wish! ;)
Btw, did you attack the golems with that spell? They are spell immune, for if you don't know. All of my spells care spell immunity. I tested it and it works just fine. I'll download the submitted version and edit this post later...

Edit:
yup, works just fine.

Level 13
xxdingo93xx, ok, i get it now.
the grammar was really so hard to read through that it made it hard to notice what words you were using...

why not change it to oh...

The Lightning Spirit begins to summon 20 lightning-meteors, falling out of the sky. When a meteor hits the ground, it causes a shockwave which deals damage to enemies it hits. The closer the enemies are to the impact-point, the more damage they receive, up to 50 (80 for Buildings). Enemies at the impact-point have a 50% chance to get stunned for 2 seconds.

But more than that, this spell does almost no damage if not cast near water.

Level 13
I checked my spell and it does what it says, the flame break deals damage to units, and the ultimate does, units does not need to be under the effect of something.

i must've not realized that the doomguard is immune to that spell.
also, i didn't realize you could change the trajectory of the spell by moving your hero. that's actually quite weird. although i guess there isn't necessarily anything wrong with that...

anyway...if you cast the spell at the bottom of the map, the game crashes.

and i'm pretty sure the math is wrong in the spell pyroclasm...but oh well. life goes on. btw, the heavy armor trolls take significantly more damage than the medium armor trolls. that's because your spell damage is of magic type, i guess. i just think it's annoying when the tooltips don't seem to be accurate. it's a major turn-off for me.

i guess you having a healing troll made it hard to realize that the spells were doing damage. at any rate...the math is still messed up. i guess i'm fussing over details.

now, about the poll...

if i made a poll, it would ask which of these do you think is the best?
kala (very classy)
spencenator (very wacky and fun, and dramatic)
8Ball777 (ingenius and fun, although probably imbalanced)
scorpion182 (fascinating)
Darkyvm (cool and exotic)
Mephistrial (i know this hero was extremely simple, but it was also extremely fun)
N1ghthawk (hot and radical)
NearbyHermit (pure heat, baby)
Vakama_Lynx (very nicely done, just great)

these are my favorites, but i'm going to hold my vote for now. but i'm probably going to vote for scorpion182...

Last edited:
Level 17
HOLY MOTHER OF PYRITIE
27 votes for Pharaoh and 14 votes for dingo? aww too bad dingo is losing, well second place is almost the same :D

The poll counts 25%, the judges probably have a completely different view than the current votes are putting over and their voting counts 75%.
Well, I'd love to win this contest but I guess everyone does :p Let's see what this'll be!

Status
Not open for further replies.