• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI System Workshop [Requests welcome!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Level 2
@cracker: You expect someone to know what you really mean and then create it for you?
@BunnyAng: The 3rd ability, you can make it using the orb abilities...

Oh sorry men! I thought you'd get the idea because i had mention pokemon maps, Anyway i have found a way to make it work like I want it to...
BTW thanks for the reply

Level 10
About the 3rd ability, it really was unexpected cause i thought you actually made the spell for me. I need to know which orb effect allows a second attack and how do you modify the missile colour to black. I would really appreciate it cause the map you gave only let out a chain lightning.

Level 3
a hero exp system like demon souls the hero doest get exp instead he gets souls and then uses them to gain a stat wich is the lvl up. the stat is chosen from a shop(a human that binds souls). When the hero dies it loses all souls until he retrieves them from his blood stain where he died. Souls should be displayed in the food display.

http://image.gamespotcdn.net/gamespot/images/2011/features/gameguides/darksouls/0004.jpg

there is the evolution shop :)
EDIT: just need to have agi/str/int in the shop and doesnt need to display stats only souls and that with the name of the player

http://demonssouls.wdfiles.com/local--files/concepts/bloodstain-souls.jpg

there is the bloodstain

hope it can be done

Level 10
System : IDK What I could call that xD
But this system is in map that System was awesome !
Link : [self="http://www.epicwar.com/maps/222894/"]Pocong Galau[/self] Play that map and use the Melee Strike. I hope you can help me with that system.

Last edited:
Level 13
System Title: Torrent
System Description:
It's so simple, when you active ( How to active: Just move to the torrent activation place ).
The torrent activation ( On other place ) It's has 10 second countdown before the torrent is released.
Any unit within the area of torrent main, it will thrown up to the upper cliff

System Specifications:MAPS: WARICK 2 [ Alpha ]

Hope you can ;) ;) It's so easy for you....

Level 23
I Tried creating this myself but the only way I could think of is making one of every possible combinations of item/gems but that would be too much so, I'm gonna request it here.. :D

System Title: Slotted items (Refinable and Embeddable)
System Description: I have at least 50 or more items that can have up to 6 slots that can have an embedded gem. I have at least 30 gems and each and every one of them has a special ability. I would like a system that enables a player to refine an item with an available slot so that he can embed gem to get special abilities but refining costs refining stones(lumber) and lubricants(food)
System Specifications:

Single player - it's for a Single player RPG and the player has only one unit that can do this.
From Shop - Refining and Embedding should be handled by shops. meaning player must go to blacksmith to refine then alchemist to embed a gem.. sum'in like that..
Tooltips - It would be great if slots, refined, slots and gems embedded can be indicated with the tooltips of the item. if not, a multiboard display is fine too..

Dunno how to describe it more but, I think you'll get the picture.. I think It's pretty complicated so, It would be fine if you'll not be able to make this.. :D

Nope, only 1 gem of that type can be embedded in that item..

and ability list coming soon!
tumblr_lslg7gsQW31qgp134.gif

P.S. what if I have an ability that gives +1 strength and another that gives +3 strength.. will it be counted as different abilities? or should I list Everything evven if it's just 1 small difference?

Important Notes:
  • Will = Intelligence
  • reputation_vhighpos.gif
    = Common Gems
  • reputation_pos.gif
    = Uncommon Gems
  • reputation_highpos.gif
    = Rare Gems
  • reputation_higherpos.gif
    = Legendary Gems
  • I have started making a pet system so If I do complete it, I will change the effect of star dust. But for now, the first effect is fine
Gem NamesGem Abilities
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Power Crystal (Shard)
Strength + 1
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Agility Crystal (Shard)
Agility + 1
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Crystal of Will (Shard)
Will + 1
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Health Crystal (Shard)
HP + 50
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Magic Crystal (Shard)
MP + 50
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Complete Crystal (Shard)
+ 1 All Attributes
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Sharp Crystal (Shard)
+ 1% Critical
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Speed Crystal (Shard)
+ 1% Evasion
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Attack Crystal (Shard)
+ 5 Damage
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Defense Crystal (Shard)
+ 1 Armor
reputation_pos.gif
Power Crystal
Strength + 3
reputation_pos.gif
Agility Crystal
Agility + 3
reputation_pos.gif
Crystal of Will
Will + 3
reputation_pos.gif
Health Crystal
HP + 150
reputation_pos.gif
Magic Crystal
MP + 150
reputation_pos.gif
Complete Crystal
+ 3 All Attributes
reputation_pos.gif
Sharp Crystal
+ 2% Critical
reputation_pos.gif
Speed Crystal
+2% Evasion
reputation_pos.gif
Attack Crystal
+ 15 Damage
reputation_pos.gif
Defense Crystal
+ 3 Armor
reputation_highpos.gif
Power Essence
Strength + 8
reputation_highpos.gif
Agility Essence
Agility + 8
reputation_highpos.gif
Essence of Will
Will + 8
reputation_highpos.gif
Crystal of Endurance
HP + 150, + 5 Armor
reputation_highpos.gif
Crystal of Life
HP + 300
reputation_highpos.gif
Mana Crystal
MP + 300
reputation_highpos.gif
Complete Essence
+ 8 All Attributes
reputation_highpos.gif
Critical Crystal
+ 5% Critical
reputation_highpos.gif
Crystal of Evasion
+ 5% Evasion
reputation_highpos.gif
Essence of Attack
+ 25 Damage
reputation_highpos.gif
Essence of Defense
+ 8 Armor
reputation_higherpos.gif
Crystal of Pain
+ 50 Damage
reputation_higherpos.gif
Shadow Crystal
+ 10% Evasion
reputation_higherpos.gif
Rainbow Crystal
+ 15 All Attributes
reputation_higherpos.gif
Essence of Fatality
+ 10% Critical
reputation_higherpos.gif
Crystal Blue
Will + 10, + 300 MP
reputation_higherpos.gif
Red Blood
Strength + 10, + 300 HP
reputation_higherpos.gif
Green Live
Agility + 10, + 12 Armor
reputation_higherpos.gif
Mystic Frozen
Adds Frost Attack to melee units, Adds Frost Armor to ranged units.
reputation_higherpos.gif
Flame Heart
Adds Cleave Damage to melee units, Adds Immolation to ranged units.
reputation_higherpos.gif
Star Dust
Adds a cool attachment to the weapon of the hero, (Strength + 8, Agility + 8, Will + 8, HP + 300, MP + 300, + 5% Critical, + 5% Evasion, + 15 Damage, + 8 Armor OR Pet System will be enabled)

My request is already pretty old.. XD

Level 10
I have a request coming up, i'll send it later today since i don't have time to type cuz i'm out to school in a few minutes.

Edit: Do you allow spellpacks?

Okay I'm back. Here's a spellpack i need help with. It's a spellpack for my Phantom Archer hero.

Spectral Shot (Active) [Q]
The Phantom Archer fires a spectral arrow which goes in a line up to 1200 range. The arrow deals damage and slows down all enemies hit by the arrow for 5 seconds.
1. 120 damage and 15% movement speed slowed.
2. 170 damage and 30% movement speed slowed.
3. 240 damage and 45% movement speed slowed.
Cooldown: 30 / 20 / 10.
Mana cost: 75 / 100 / 125
Activation: Target point or unit
Wave Speed: 1200
Spell Side Notes:The arrow should be slightly transparent and when this spell is casted a voice is played by the Dark Ranger's YESAttack saying " Let phantom arrows fly" which can only be heard nearby.

Essence Strip (Active) [W]
The Phantom Archer marks her enemy with a curse for 10 seconds. While under this buff, any spell casted by the target will result in hit points penalty equal to (manacost of the spell casted X2) and the lost hit points are restored to the Phantom Archer.

Cooldown: 28 / 21 / 14
Mana cost: 25
Activation: Target unit Hero

Phantom Arrow (Passive) [E]
While attacking, the Phantom Archer has a chance to fire an additional arrow.
1. 20% chance.
2. 35% chance.
3. 48% chance.
Spell Side Notes: The arrow is shadow coloured and is spawned right behind the arrow fired by the Archer, which makes it look like the arrow's own shadow, making up to it's spell name.

Shadow Ma[r]k (Active)
Marks an enemy with the shadows, causing the enemy to take extra damage from attacks and spells alike. While under this curse, the target leaves behind a trail of shadow (which makes tracking easier) and after a duration of 30 seconds, the curse is lifted and the shadow spawned in the previous 30 seconds fades off.
1. 25% extra damage.
2. 50% extra damage.
Cooldown: 15.
Mana cost: 50
Activation: Target unit

By the way, feel free to use any custom models to make the sfx fit with the spell.

This request is nearly 3 months old. Mind making it? I don't mind the time. Anyway, the third spell should be fired off about 1 second after the attack to make it look like the arrow's own shadow. Tint it black if you could.

Level 23
and how do you attach the gems?

Well, I was planning to do it by creating a building/unit with 2 or maybe more inventory slots (this unit is only allowed to carry 1 equipment (armor, weapon etc.) but can carry multiple gems) and give it a forge ability. Any crystal carried by that unit will be embedded to the equipment he's carrying..

I guess the way that I described it is pretty vague but I hope you get the picture. If that method makes the system more complicated, I can accept any alternative way of embedding XD

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
@bunny ok, I have coded 2.7 of the 4 spells now. However I have not tested any of them yet so will most likely need a bug fix or two before I upload them.

only the damage increase left on the R and the Q ability

@TaShadan

ok, Will do that after school tomarrow then

@juno I will see what I can do about your system I think it is too complex to add into the warcraft 3 :p. But as said I will give it a look when I get time

Level 4
My request here is to look over 4 of my spells I already have coded out in GUI, that if they need to be re-written in vJASS (due to not being efficient or lagging,) re-create them in vJASS.

3 spells out of the 4 concern me in my map I've been working on for years now. I've Pastebinned these spells in Hive's Chat area but no one won't help debug them.

The ONE spell out of the 4 I need help with is a vJASSed Thunder Slam code (much like Thunder Clap) so units around the casting unit are all pushed outward in a circle. For example, if there are 4 units perfectly around the caster, let's say, it will push all 4 of the enemy units away to make the effects more interesting rather than looking like a boring stun.

I've seen examples of this kind of thing done in GUI, but people warn of lagging and I don't want that because this spell is going to be used A LOT.

Anyway, when you finish up with some of these folks, let me know if you can help me on 3 spells that need possible debugging, and 1 spell via my 'Thunder Slam' that's not in full working condition how I want it.

Level 12
System Title: In Battle
System Description: basically it's just a system that detects if your units is in battle.
System Specifications:
MUI

Yes I know that there is already in warcraft, but it is really hard to configure. i don't know if there already here in hive..

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
ok I think I have completed everyone's request now.

however bunny's request is not finished I have not made the Q skill yet but I think you want to see it anyway

Attachments

• Spell Pack request.w3x
    24.3 KB · Views: 24
  • Damage Reduce (hard skin).w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Combat system.w3x
    19.1 KB · Views: 24
System Title: Commands
System Description: Like simple commands
Commands : -ms (displays the movement speed of the selected unit to the player that types -ms, e.g. Jas.per's Footman movement speed is 522)
-setname X(changes the name of the player to the desired name; game text : Jas.per changed his name to Jasper)[max 99 chars]
-changecolor X(changes the teamcolor of the player to entered color [Colors : red, blue, teal, purple, yellow, orange, green, pink, gray, light blue, dark green, brown, black]
System Specifications: all players

Level 20
If I may request a system:

System Title: Evolution
System Description: Multiple units evolve into unique individuals. Requirements for evolution are kills, levels, items or a combination of any three or two mentioned. Units can evolve at least twice.
System Specifications:
  • The process of evolving will take X seconds and can be interrupted
  • If a unit is interrupted from evolving, then that unit must wait X seconds before attempting to evolve again.
  • In addition, a player may wish to cancel his/her unit's evolution
  • As a unit evolves, a special effect will appear on the unit. After the unit evolves, remove special effect.
  • The Unit that evolves, the unit it evolves to, and the X values above are configurable.
  • In relation to the above specification (^), The Unit that evolves may be multiple unit types
  • No multiboards, game messages, or any form of notification regarding the or associated with the Evolution system may be shown.

If you need any further clarification don't hesitate to notify me.

Increase per level: N/A

Level 20
sorry for the late replay. I will have a look into your system sometime tomarrow and see what I can do. However it will most likely take 2 days to make because I got strict LoL time + SvD beta test :p

Actually I am withdrawing my request, and replacing it with this:

System Title: Item Stats Display System
System Description: Triggered when a hero picks up an item, this system will display the item's stats once only in-game when it is picked up. When the item is dropped and picked up again, the item's stats will be displayed again once in-game.[/B]
System Specifications:
  • Hero that will trigger the system is configurable
  • If possible, the stats of the items that will be used by the system are configurable.

Last edited:
Level 10
I'm afraid such a spell would cast extreme lagg. Then I would need to store every single location in a loop with the speed 0.03. that would mean loading tons of locations from a hashtable and if you store points into a hashtable you cant clear leaks. So you would have 25+ point leaks per second

Hmm. Then could you make the target leave behind a shadow of himself every 1 second instead? The shadow all should be removed after the 30 seconds period.

Status
Not open for further replies.