• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI System Workshop [Requests welcome!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
I need 3 Spells if they are possible to make.

Recall: Similar to the Starcraft Broodwar Protoss Arbiter spell. Units under the spell circle get teleported to the spellcaster (with blink effect). But it would be nice to make some stuff modable. Like Teleport delay and spell circle radius. Also a version for single unit recall would be nice,where you have to click the target.

Stimpack: same like in broodwar with units increasing the speed and attack speed when using the spell but losing a certain amount of health

recycle units: i had the idea of a building that recycles units, which means when you send them with right click to a building with the ability the units die and you get a certain amount of their cost back

All accepted.

Level 25
recycle units: i had the idea of a building that recycles units, which means when you send them with right click to a building with the ability the units die and you get a certain amount of their cost back

This one seemed the most fun to make :)

It's not in its final version; I'm using the transport ability to have units "enter" the recycler to be processed, and for some reason, units have to be ordered twice to get in. I'll make a workaround if needed.

Also I'll add a space to put an SFX.

EDIT:
Recall: Similar to the Starcraft Broodwar Protoss Arbiter spell. Units under the spell circle get teleported to the spellcaster (with blink effect). But it would be nice to make some stuff modable. Like Teleport delay and spell circle radius. Also a version for single unit recall would be nice,where you have to click the target.

Already exists: Special\Items\Dark Summoning

Attachments

• TheRecycler001.w3x
    29.4 KB · Views: 47
  • TheRecycler002.w3x
    31.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Level 25
If you suggesting "send them on their way", that means calling 72 Order unit to move to region actions.

Yes.

• Set tempGroup = your spawned units
  • Unit Group - pick every unit in tempGroup and do actions
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - order picked unit to attack move to TargetPosition
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tempGroup)
What's so hard about that?

Level 18
I know how to do that. :p Also, I am calling one spawn unit at a time. However, the code that I currently use is not very efficient. Perhaps, I can show my code to you, and you can show how to code it better.

Edit: Hey, if I wanted to disable recipes in RegionCombineRecipes, what is the best way to do it?

Last edited:
Level 10
(GUI) Triggered Armor

Hello,
I would like to have an special armor system, let me explain:

For example attacking unit has 20 base damage from normal attacks and attacked unit has 5 armor so attacked unit gets only 15 damage. I would also like something like buff check: for example when attacked unit have buff x/y it decercases total damage taken by 50% and buff type like when attacking unit have buff x/y it ignores armor completly. I would like to know if it is doneable, I do not need it for magical damge, only psychical.

Thanks.

Level 25
Hello,
I would like to have an special armor system, let me explain:

For example attacking unit has 20 base damage from normal attacks and attacked unit has 5 armor so attacked unit gets only 15 damage. I would also like something like buff check: for example when attacked unit have buff x/y it decercases total damage taken by 50% and buff type like when attacking unit have buff x/y it ignores armor completly. I would like to know if it is doneable, I do not need it for magical damge, only psychical.

Thanks.

This can be quite tedious to make, based on your requirements.

What type of map is this for?

Level 25
Notes:
- Set Combat - Armor Damage Reduction Multiplier = 0.00 (gameplay constants)
- Configure units, items, buffs and ablities in FA Config trigger
- If an ability that applies a buff has multiple levels, each level needs a different buff
- Buffs/checks that ignore armour are configured in DMGS Get Block trigger
- Buffs that reduce damage by a percentages are configured in DMGS Get Block trigger

Attachments

• DamageModificationSystem101-flatarmour002.w3x
    41.2 KB · Views: 55
Level 10
This works absolutly amazing and I would like to request the same for spell damage beacuse it is very good ;D

So if you would be able to add:
- Detect when damage source is spell and make floating text in purple color
- Make "resistance" which I will set the same way as armor, lets say that unit has 50 fire resitance and spell has 100 fire damage, unit will get only 50 damage from that spell.
- Detect Fire, Nature, Frost and Unholy damage
- Same with buff stuff - ignore resistance and increase damage taken by unholy/fire/frost/nature sources by x/y %

Level 25
This works absolutly amazing and I would like to request the same for spell damage beacuse it is very good ;D

So if you would be able to add:
- Detect when damage source is spell and make floating text in purple color
- Make "resistance" which I will set the same way as armor, lets say that unit has 50 fire resitance and spell has 100 fire damage, unit will get only 50 damage from that spell.
- Detect Fire, Nature, Frost and Unholy damage
- Same with buff stuff - ignore resistance and increase damage taken by unholy/fire/frost/nature sources by x/y %

Glad you like it :)

Should all spell damage types be in purple?

Level 7
Here's mine :
System Title: Lumber and Gold Mine
System Description: When acolytes mine the haunted goldmine, they will mine gold and lumber.
System Specifications:
-MUI
-Gold and Lumber has a limit.
-Gold and Lumber give offs is +10 every second.

I'am using the system i requested earlier. Tnx!

Level 13
in need another spell/system:

I need a building with the ability to "revive" dead units (only the owner player). Maybe with the option to buy them or to rebuild them for less cost. Maybe with a restriction. For example the last 10 dead units will be revivable in this building.

Is this possible?

Level 25
in need another spell/system:

I need a building with the ability to "revive" dead units (only the owner player). Maybe with the option to buy them or to rebuild them for less cost. Maybe with a restriction. For example the last 10 dead units will be revivable in this building.

Is this possible?

I've made the first part of the system (adding dying units to the building), but there are some weird bugs, possibly associated with the marketplace itself. If I can't overcome these, the system will be limited.

EDIT: I can't seem to get this fixed, this request is on hold indefinitely.

Last edited:
Level 2
System Title: Damage/Heal/Mana - Detection System
System Description: When a unit is damaged, healed, Refreshes Mana or Use Mana it shows the amount of Added/Removed Points Using Floating Text
System Specifications:
  • Text Colors : Damage = RED
    Heal = Green
    Mana = BLUE

Level 25
System Title: Damage/Heal/Mana - Detection System
System Description: When a unit is damaged, healed, Refreshes Mana or Use Mana it shows the amount of Added/Removed Points Using Floating Text
System Specifications:
  • Text Colors : Damage = RED
    Heal = Green
    Mana = BLUE

This will be quite useful.

Accepted.

This system has the potential to be quite resource intensive. Is this for heroes only? If not, how many units should you expect will be in the map at a time?

Last edited:
Level 15
Okey Lets see...

Army Food and Armor Supply
The units need supplies to maintain their fighting ability. If they don't eat their attack speed, movement speed and hp is reduced. In battle their armor might get damaged and which will cause them to have reduced attack damage and armor.

One way to do the food resupply would be giving a unit a passive ability and keep track of the current level and then periodically reducing it. Passive abilities could be the tornado. You resupply by walking near a barrack or if the barrack casts a spell (dunno..)

I'm not exactly sure about the armor mechanics... Only that it could be reduced by a negative devotion aura and negative command aura...

If you do this you are truly generous! ;)

Last edited:
Level 18
System Title: Spawn System
System Description: Spawns any number of units in a certain order periodically for a defined amount of time. There are 8 spawning locations. Each spawns different creeps. After some time like 900 seconds of game time, each location then spawns different creeps in a pattern again.
System Specifications: Configurable Creep Pattern, spawning location and time of change.

Level 6
Can u help me to make dota's blink dagger?
It's cannot be used if the carrier was damaged by an enemy player-controlled unit in the last 3 seconds, self damage does not disable Blink, but damage from Roshan (neutral-bosses) does...
I know how it works, but it seems that i failed to apply it, can u make it for me?
Note: its an item, use to blink, also the damage taken must be at least 3 to prevent of using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.