• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

GUI System Workshop [Requests welcome!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
Thank you very much and +rep. I will give the test map a try and send feedback asap.
It isn't *exactly* as specified - it opens when a unit owned by the gate's owner enter the region, and closes when one of those units leaves the region while no other units owned by the player are inside.

As always, the setup should be self explanatory.

Using it for your needs should be as simple as spawning the creeps.

Edit: I guess I did not explain it really well, so I will explain again. The system is quite similar to the last gate system you made for me, except it is not all the random, and the event that triggers a gate opening is a unit spawning at a specific location.

Edit 2: Actually, never mind. I have one problem with the test map, though. The gate does not close, when my unit leaves the region. Gate closes only when my unit walks back out of the gate.

Last edited:
Level 6
System Title: HSS

System Specifications: System allows players to swap their "main hero" with allies' heroes.

System Specifications: N/A

Here it is. Instantly usable, but I recommend you define your heroes (there are example triggers).
Featuring -swap color or -swap #, and loads of configurable options.
Includes item-retaining, option to computer swap, filter out certain players (non-wanted comps).
+More.

Attachments

• HeroSwapSystem 1.1.w3x
    24.4 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 25
Edit 2: Actually, never mind. I have one problem with the test map, though. The gate does not close, when my unit leaves the region. Gate closes only when my unit walks back out of the gate.

Your gate doesn't close when the unit leaves the region, or the gate does close when the unit leaves the region?

Make up your mind please; it worked fine when I tested.

Level 18
The gate does not close, when I leave the region. The region that controls whether the gate opens or closes is which, the unit or gate region? I am sorry for the confusion, but what I meant was that the only way to close the gate was to go back into the gate.

Last edited:
Level 6
Can i request a GUI System?...its simply a RANKING SYSTEM
You gonna need to make this...

- Put 12 Players
- Every 1 second change their PLAYER RANK POINTS from random number between 0-100
- Then put them of the multiboard with 12 ROWS...
- Every 1 second put the PLAYER with the HIGHEST PLAYER RANK POINTS on the first row..then the second highest to the second row and so fort...
- That's it...because i dont know how to detect players with the highest rank points..
- If you have some question about this just ask me...i will wait
THANKS IN ADVANCE...

It is for this map
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/wosa-v1-2-ai-227855/

Level 25
Can i request a GUI System?...its simply a RANKING SYSTEM
You gonna need to make this...

- Put 12 Players
- Every 1 second change their PLAYER RANK POINTS from random number between 0-100
- Then put them of the multiboard with 12 ROWS...
- Every 1 second put the PLAYER with the HIGHEST PLAYER RANK POINTS on the first row..then the second highest to the second row and so fort...
- That's it...because i dont know how to detect players with the highest rank points..
- If you have some question about this just ask me...i will wait
THANKS IN ADVANCE...

It is for this map
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/wosa-v1-2-ai-227855/

Make a leaderboard, it has sorting functions.

Level 25
Sorry but i will use the Multiboard (Player Name \Current Rank \Hero Rank \Kills \Deaths)

so i really need that system...the ranking system...

I'm too busy to accept this request right now.

I can provide some advice, though:
- Make an array integer variable called PlayerPosition[ ], this will be used to record each player's position on the multiboard. When you use a Row number in the multiboard functions, use this variable for picked player.
- Use a bubble sort algorithm to sort PlayerPosition[ ] by each player's rank. Read about it here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubble_sort (it really isn't difficult, don't be intimidated by the wall of math and performance)

Level 13
is it possible to make this spells?

cloud transport: a flying unit casts a spell that transforms any ground unit near the casting unit into a flying cloud (or something similar) now the clouds will follow the flying unit and when you cast a second spell the units transform back to the ground units they were before

Level 25
is it possible to make this spells?

cloud transport: a flying unit casts a spell that transforms any ground unit near the casting unit into a flying cloud (or something similar) now the clouds will follow the flying unit and when you cast a second spell the units transform back to the ground units they were before

Be more specific please.
- Does it transform a ground unit, or all nearby ground units?
- Should each of these units have a cloud?

Level 6
OK....I don't really understant it.. I WILL MAKE MY REQUEST MORE EASIER...

I KNOW HOW TO IMPLEMENT IT TO THE MULTIBOARD (I WLL TRY)

Know what i dont know is how to rank...so i just request to put every player a POINTS RANDOM FROM 0-100 every second and JUST CREATE A SIMPLE MESSAGE (RANK 1: NAME OF PLAYER) every second thats it!...but you still want it simple dont put the MESSAGE anymore just create a trigger how to rank numbers....PLS...I REALLY...REALLY...REALLY 100000000X REALLY NEED THIS!...

Level 23
I Tried creating this myself but the only way I could think of is making one of every possible combinations of item/gems but that would be too much so, I'm gonna request it here.. :D

System Title: Slotted items (Refinable and Embeddable)
System Description: I have at least 50 or more items that can have up to 6 slots that can have an embedded gem. I have at least 30 gems and each and every one of them has a special ability. I would like a system that enables a player to refine an item with an available slot so that he can embed gem to get special abilities but refining costs refining stones(lumber) and lubricants(food)
System Specifications:

Single player - it's for a Single player RPG and the player has only one unit that can do this.
From Shop - Refining and Embedding should be handled by shops. meaning player must go to blacksmith to refine then alchemist to embed a gem.. sum'in like that..
Tooltips - It would be great if slots, refined, slots and gems embedded can be indicated with the tooltips of the item. if not, a multiboard display is fine too..

Dunno how to describe it more but, I think you'll get the picture.. I think It's pretty complicated so, It would be fine if you'll not be able to make this.. :D

Level 25
I Tried creating this myself but the only way I could think of is making one of every possible combinations of item/gems but that would be too much so, I'm gonna request it here.. :D

System Title: Slotted items (Refinable and Embeddable)
System Description: I have at least 50 or more items that can have up to 6 slots that can have an embedded gem. I have at least 30 gems and each and every one of them has a special ability. I would like a system that enables a player to refine an item with an available slot so that he can embed gem to get special abilities but refining costs refining stones(lumber) and lubricants(food)
System Specifications:

Single player - it's for a Single player RPG and the player has only one unit that can do this.
From Shop - Refining and Embedding should be handled by shops. meaning player must go to blacksmith to refine then alchemist to embed a gem.. sum'in like that..
Tooltips - It would be great if slots, refined, slots and gems embedded can be indicated with the tooltips of the item. if not, a multiboard display is fine too..

Dunno how to describe it more but, I think you'll get the picture.. I think It's pretty complicated so, It would be fine if you'll not be able to make this.. :D

It would need a custom item effect system. What I mean by this, is that the items won't actually have abilities. The abilities would be added by triggers when an item is acquired. How many different item abilities (including passive) do you have? (on the refined items)

Level 7
Here's my request...

System Title: Water Construction
System Description: When the worker leaves a current building in construction, the building will slowly decrease health, only to save the building from exploding is that the worker continues constructing.
System Specifications:
-The building will have a 5 hit points decrease every 1 second.
-Base spell is Build (Human)
-Has 50% to damage buildings around the exploded building (Not including ongoing construction around)
-MUI

Level 25
Here's my request...

System Title: Water Construction
System Description: When the worker leaves a current building in construction, the building will slowly decrease health, only to save the building from exploding is that the worker continues constructing.
System Specifications:
-The building will have a 5 hit points decrease every 1 second.
-Base spell is Build (Human)
-Has 50% to damage buildings around the exploded building (Not including ongoing construction around)
-MUI

Uses unit indexer.

Set the BLH_Builders variable's array size to something large, like 1000.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot about destruction. Attached.

Attachments

• ConstructionLifeLoss.w3x
    21.6 KB · Views: 67
  • ConstructionLifeLossv2.w3x
    23.3 KB · Views: 68
Level 23
It would need a custom item effect system. What I mean by this, is that the items won't actually have abilities. The abilities would be added by triggers when an item is acquired. How many different item abilities (including passive) do you have? (on the refined items)

Well, by default, all of my items has damage bonus ability and no other ability.. so each of my items only add damage.. but I have 41 gems.

34 of these gems only have 1 passive ability
8 gems have 2 passive abilities each
1 has 10 passive abilities

a total of 60 abilities...
but some just recycle same abilities, meaning they use same abilities soo, i have a total of 45 unique abilities (damage bonus is counted in these unique abilities).. So, if 1 item has 6 slots and the player embeds 6 gems into it.. the item would have at least 6 abilities or more..

tumblr_lslgbnnYnX1qgp134.gif
wew..

Level 23
Nope, only 1 gem of that type can be embedded in that item..

and ability list coming soon!
tumblr_lslg7gsQW31qgp134.gif

P.S. what if I have an ability that gives +1 strength and another that gives +3 strength.. will it be counted as different abilities? or should I list Everything evven if it's just 1 small difference?

Important Notes:
  • Will = Intelligence
  • reputation_vhighpos.gif
    = Common Gems
  • reputation_pos.gif
    = Uncommon Gems
  • reputation_highpos.gif
    = Rare Gems
  • reputation_higherpos.gif
    = Legendary Gems
  • I have started making a pet system so If I do complete it, I will change the effect of star dust. But for now, the first effect is fine
Gem NamesGem Abilities
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Power Crystal (Shard)
Strength + 1
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Agility Crystal (Shard)
Agility + 1
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Crystal of Will (Shard)
Will + 1
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Health Crystal (Shard)
HP + 50
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Magic Crystal (Shard)
MP + 50
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Complete Crystal (Shard)
+ 1 All Attributes
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Sharp Crystal (Shard)
+ 1% Critical
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Speed Crystal (Shard)
+ 1% Evasion
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Attack Crystal (Shard)
+ 5 Damage
reputation_vhighpos.gif
Defense Crystal (Shard)
+ 1 Armor
reputation_pos.gif
Power Crystal
Strength + 3
reputation_pos.gif
Agility Crystal
Agility + 3
reputation_pos.gif
Crystal of Will
Will + 3
reputation_pos.gif
Health Crystal
HP + 150
reputation_pos.gif
Magic Crystal
MP + 150
reputation_pos.gif
Complete Crystal
+ 3 All Attributes
reputation_pos.gif
Sharp Crystal
+ 2% Critical
reputation_pos.gif
Speed Crystal
+2% Evasion
reputation_pos.gif
Attack Crystal
+ 15 Damage
reputation_pos.gif
Defense Crystal
+ 3 Armor
reputation_highpos.gif
Power Essence
Strength + 8
reputation_highpos.gif
Agility Essence
Agility + 8
reputation_highpos.gif
Essence of Will
Will + 8
reputation_highpos.gif
Crystal of Endurance
HP + 150, + 5 Armor
reputation_highpos.gif
Crystal of Life
HP + 300
reputation_highpos.gif
Mana Crystal
MP + 300
reputation_highpos.gif
Complete Essence
+ 8 All Attributes
reputation_highpos.gif
Critical Crystal
+ 5% Critical
reputation_highpos.gif
Crystal of Evasion
+ 5% Evasion
reputation_highpos.gif
Essence of Attack
+ 25 Damage
reputation_highpos.gif
Essence of Defense
+ 8 Armor
reputation_higherpos.gif
Crystal of Pain
+ 50 Damage
reputation_higherpos.gif
Shadow Crystal
+ 10% Evasion
reputation_higherpos.gif
Rainbow Crystal
+ 15 All Attributes
reputation_higherpos.gif
Essence of Fatality
+ 10% Critical
reputation_higherpos.gif
Crystal Blue
Will + 10, + 300 MP
reputation_higherpos.gif
Red Blood
Strength + 10, + 300 HP
reputation_higherpos.gif
Green Live
Agility + 10, + 12 Armor
reputation_higherpos.gif
Mystic Frozen
Adds Frost Attack to melee units, Adds Frost Armor to ranged units.
reputation_higherpos.gif
Flame Heart
Adds Cleave Damage to melee units, Adds Immolation to ranged units.
reputation_higherpos.gif
Star Dust
Adds a cool attachment to the weapon of the hero, (Strength + 8, Agility + 8, Will + 8, HP + 300, MP + 300, + 5% Critical, + 5% Evasion, + 15 Damage, + 8 Armor OR Pet System will be enabled)

Last edited:
Level 23
Some questions:
- I assume Will = Intelligence?
- For critical and evasion, do you have a system for this? Do some heroes already have critical/evasion? Because I cannot add crit/evasion chance to a regular ability.

Hmm I don't have such system,
tumblr_lslgb17E1x1qgp134.gif
XD.. critical and evasion are supposed to be like the evasion in this system.. I'll try searching for one..

P.S. Now that I think of it, what about auras? replacing critical and evasion with auras? If it's possible.. I could trigger the evasion and critical through the auras..

Level 25
Hmm I don't have such system,
tumblr_lslgb17E1x1qgp134.gif
XD.. critical and evasion are supposed to be like the evasion in this system.. I'll try searching for one

If you're using that system I'd rather not touch it, sorry.

I don't have the time or energy required to first figure out how that system fits together, and to then make an extension for it.

Level 18
The PlayerAutoGate system does not work properly from the screenshot attached to this below. When my unit entered and left the region, the gate did not close. The gate only closes, when my unit enters back into the gate and leaves the region that way.

Attachments

• PlayerAutoGate.jpg
    PlayerAutoGate.jpg
    180.7 KB · Views: 67
Level 25
The PlayerAutoGate system does not work properly from the screenshot attached to this below. When my unit entered and left the region, the gate did not close. The gate only closes, when my unit enters back into the gate and leaves the region that way.

In PG Setup, find these actions:
  • For each (Integer LoopA) from 1 to PG_Id, do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Trigger - Add to PG Enter <gen> the event (Unit - A unit enters PG_EnterRegion[LoopA])
      • Trigger - Add to PG Leave <gen> the event (Unit - A unit leaves PG_EnterRegion[LoopA])
      • Set tempLoc1 = (Center of PG_EnterRegion[LoopA])
      • Set PG_CheckRegion[LoopA] = (Region centered at tempLoc1 with size (((Width of PG_EnterRegion[LoopA]) + 96.00), ((Height of PG_EnterRegion[LoopA]) + 96.00)))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc1)
And change the "Set PG_CheckRegion etc" line, changing where it says "64" to "96" (occurs twice).

Should look like this:
  • Set PG_CheckRegion[LoopA] = (Region centered at tempLoc1 with size (((Width of PG_EnterRegion[LoopA]) + 96.00), ((Height of PG_EnterRegion[LoopA]) + 96.00)))

Level 18
Yes, you are correct. I will need this for some recipes. Seriously, this system can have even more functionalities, such as hero requirement, time requirement, hero level requirement, etc.

You might want to fix your signature, rulerofiron99.

Last edited:
Level 25
Yes, you are correct. I will need this for some recipes. Seriously, this system can have even more functionalities, such as hero requirement, time requirement, hero level requirement, etc.

You might want to fix your signature, rulerofiron99.

Works as you want: the hero must enter a region with the right items in inventory and at least a certain level to get the result. Configuration should be self-explanatory.

Attachments

• RegionItemCombining001.w3x
    20.2 KB · Views: 58
Level 1
hye ruler i need a system request if you dont mind

title system: Invite duel system

information system: when a player uses a skill name 'Invite Duel' to a ally player both will transport into a certain location where they both treat each other as an enemy and duel..the winner of the duel will get extra amount of gold and the other will not get anything..then transport them back to the random location in the playable map..

hope you can help kindly appreciated.. :)

Level 25
hye ruler i need a system request if you dont mind

title system: Invite duel system

information system: when a player uses a skill name 'Invite Duel' to a ally player both will transport into a certain location where they both treat each other as an enemy and duel..the winner of the duel will get extra amount of gold and the other will not get anything..then transport them back to the random location in the playable map..

hope you can help kindly appreciated.. :)

I really don't want to make this.

It's quite simple, here's how you do it:
Trigger 1
Event - unit starts the effect of an ability
Condition - ability being cast equal to invite duel
Actions:
Move triggering unit to duel area
Move target of ability being cast to duel area
(don't forget to clean leaks here)

Trigger 2
Event - unit dies
Condition - unit is in duel area region
Actions:
Move killing unit to (spawn point or some region in the general game area)

Level 18
a system that allows you give an order (attack, cast spell..) on the unit you are selecting at the moment -checking ally/enemy condition for spells- without having to select the ordered unit?
For example, A is the hotkey to attack. you are actually selecting an enemy unit, and you press "A" in order to make your units attack the target. this is an easy example, I'm more interested in spells.
If you Ain't got time, or don't want to make it, it's ok

Level 18
a system that allows you give an order (attack, cast spell..) on the unit you are selecting at the moment -checking ally/enemy condition for spells- without having to select the ordered unit?
For example, A is the hotkey to attack. you are actually selecting an enemy unit, and you press "A" in order to make your units attack the target. this is an easy example, I'm more interested in spells.
If you Ain't got time, or don't want to make it, it's ok

I am guessing that he wants a system, in which a hotkey is pressed to give orders to a unit to automatically do something, like attacking a nearby enemy without the player having to click the enemy.

Level 25
a hotkey is pressed to give orders to a unit to automatically do something on the selected unit, but without clicking on the unit you want to give the order

You mean, you press a hotkey while an enemy unit is selected? That isn't possible.

A possible workaround is to use hero icons (hotkeys F1-F6), but this is a little delayed.

Level 13
I need 3 Spells if they are possible to make.

Recall: Similar to the Starcraft Broodwar Protoss Arbiter spell. Units under the spell circle get teleported to the spellcaster (with blink effect). But it would be nice to make some stuff modable. Like Teleport delay and spell circle radius. Also a version for single unit recall would be nice,where you have to click the target.

Stimpack: same like in broodwar with units increasing the speed and attack speed when using the spell but losing a certain amount of health

recycle units: i had the idea of a building that recycles units, which means when you send them with right click to a building with the ability the units die and you get a certain amount of their cost back

Status
Not open for further replies.