• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

GUI System Workshop [Requests welcome!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Hi, i tested systems(vehicle and aggro systems)and they work great except this little thing in vehicle system... when car runs out of fuel(mana) it doesnt stop, it continue driving, if you can fix that it would be great, and thanks again for making this systems for me :D, and can you add that 1 player can enter car as passanger? if that`s not problem.

Sure thing. Expect it later today.

Level 25
Level 25
Hi, i tested systems(vehicle and aggro systems)and they work great except this little thing in vehicle system... when car runs out of fuel(mana) it doesnt stop, it continue driving, if you can fix that it would be great, and thanks again for making this systems for me :D, and can you add that 1 player can enter car as passanger? if that`s not problem.

Done and done!

Attachments

• VehicleSystem002.w3x
    39.7 KB · Views: 64
Level 4
This hero dashes to a target location shocking and dealing damage to the 3 closest units as he lands. This spell can be cast 3 times in 10 seconds. Cast Range 400.

Level 1 - 100 Damage.
Level 2 - 140 Damage.
Level 3 - 180 Damage.

Cooldown: 180/120/60 seconds.
Mana Cost: 100

Was wondering if you could do this?

Level 25
This hero dashes to a target location shocking and dealing damage to the 3 closest units as he lands. This spell can be cast 3 times in 10 seconds. Cast Range 400.

Level 1 - 100 Damage.
Level 2 - 140 Damage.
Level 3 - 180 Damage.

Cooldown: 180/120/60 seconds.
Mana Cost: 100

Was wondering if you could do this?

That sounds like DotA's Ember Spirit's ultimate.

Level 4
My apologies. Yes We did figure out my spell.

I have a system i need.

I would like to have a system that shows the ranges of your abilities when u have them ready to cast, or when u hover over them, which i think is impossible. Basically If i press Q and my Q spell has 400 range, i would like to show a circle 400 range around my character.

Level 25
My apologies. Yes We did figure out my spell.

I have a system i need.

I would like to have a system that shows the ranges of your abilities when u have them ready to cast, or when u hover over them, which i think is impossible. Basically If i press Q and my Q spell has 400 range, i would like to show a circle 400 range around my character.

Impossible, unless you make an alternate notarget ability for each ability, and then replace that with the real ability when cast and force a UI key.

Level 18
Hello, I am here again to request two more systems.

System Title: OGRS
System Description: System periodically opens a random gate for a few minutes.
System Specifications: N/A

System Title: TRE
System Description: System triggers random events defined by the user every x mins.

Level 25
Hello, I am here again to request two more systems.

System Title: OGRS
System Description: System periodically opens a random gate for a few minutes.

System Title: TRE
System Description: System triggers random events defined by the user every x mins.

Attached.

Configuration should be self explanatory :)

Attachments

• OGRS_TRE.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Level 25
System Title: Divine Armor
System Description: When a hero casts a spell, the hero's armor type changes to Divine and will return in X seconds
System Specifications:
- Mui
- Make the duration configurable

Thanks in advance! :grin:

Sorry but it isn't really possible to change armour type.

The hero needs an alternative unit type.

Your best bet would be to use metamorphosis, and give the transformed hero divine armour.

Level 12
got it, thanks for the interest ;)

got another idea here :grin:

System Title: Interrupt
System Description: When a hero is attack while casting an ability, the casting unit will stop casting the spell
System Specifications:
- Mui
- Channel abilities are excluded

Thanks again :grin::grin::grin:

Last edited:
Level 25
got it, thanks for the interest ;)

got another idea here :grin:

System Title: Interupt
System Description: When a hero is attack while casting an ability, the casting unit will stop casting the spell
System Specifications:
- Mui

Thanks again :grin::grin::grin:

There's already a system that does that, check the spells section.

Level 25
System Title: Interupt
System Specifications:
- Mui

So it ended up being easier than expected. My method is to move the unit to its current location, which works while simply ordering it to stop doesn't.

Note that the event - unit is attacked - happens at the start of the animation.

You can easily implement the effect on attack damage using this system: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-modification-system-1-00-a-227662/

Attachments

• Interrupt.w3x
    16.7 KB · Views: 42
Level 12
lol
  • INTRPT Done
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Remove (Triggering unit) from INTRPT_Group
overall the systems works great, but the timing is just weird

the caster stops his cast just before the attack even hits

Level 25
but the timing is just weird

the caster stops his cast just before the attack even hits

You can easily implement the effect on attack damage using this system: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/spells-569/gui-damage-modification-system-1-00-a-227662/

Can you read bro?

Level 12
sorry about that hahaha :grin::grin::grin:

I tried adding wait and it works :thumbs_up:
  • INTRPT Attacked
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in INTRPT_Group) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Set tempLoc1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to tempLoc1
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc1)

Level 6
sorry about that hahaha :grin::grin::grin:

I tried adding wait and it works :thumbs_up:
  • INTRPT Attacked
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is in INTRPT_Group) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait 0.30 seconds
      • Set tempLoc1 = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to tempLoc1
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tempLoc1)

But this won't work for ranged attackers.
If an archer attacked you, the arrow would begin to fly and you would be interrupted already.
Damage Detection System makes it work in all cases.
You can filter out what can interrupt channeling with some more work.
Use Rulerofiron99's system if you want to do that.

Here's a test map I edited from rulerofiron99's test map to throw in the simplest DDS I can find, with minimum damage of 10 to interrupt channeling.
Anything that deals above 10 damage to caster would interrupt him now, including spells and DoTs (if this is undesireable, you have to use what Rulerofiron99 provided).

Edit: Just realized this is Ruler's workshop. I'm invading! Well, I'll run away now.

Attachments

• Interrupt2.w3x
    20.4 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 25
That might not be MUI.
I'm not really sure if that wait action will screw it up or not.
But this won't work for ranged attackers.
Damage System works, but being inflicted by a DoT effect will be pretty troublesome.
More work would have to be done.

You could use damage detection to differentiate attacks/spells/ranged, but it requires that all spell damage in your map is triggered.

Level 6
There is something I would like to request also.
This is for the new Minecraft map I'm working on (my first map! =o):

Item Stacking/Splitting System
(I have one in mind, the GUI Stack'n'Split System which does all this)
(So, I'm not really requesting this system unless you need to make your own to make it compatible with the 3rd feature in the system below)
-Stack item charges when item obtained (max = level of item, or point value if that exists)
-Freely split item into desired charges via right clicks or chat command
-This is needed for third feature of system below
-MUI capabilities

Double Inventory System
-An ability to toggle between 2 inventories on unit (12 items max, ability non-interrupting)
-MUI capabilities
-Here is the tough part, which utilizes the stack system above: Items automatically stack if obtained even if unit has that item in the alternate inventory.

I managed to use Stack'n'Split system and make Double Inventory System but it's all non-MUI and couldn't manage to do the 3rd part of Double Inventory System.
I have a feeling I need Bribe's Indexer for MUI but I have never looked at Indexer, or Hashtables.
The only MUI I know of is using Arrays or Jass locals and I'm pretty bad at both.
Also, do I need tome versions of items to avoid full inventory conflict?
The Stack'n'Split I've been using can pick up items even with full inventory but it gives full inventory message.
But it won't move to pick item up if it's not 1 of the 6 item types in that inventory (to be placed in alternate inventory).

Edit: this is what I have of Stack'n'Split / Double Inventory for my Single Player map (this map is like 5% done and it's mostly trigger practice), but I want to incorporate this in Minecraft map (MUI version, with that 3rd feature I spoke of)

Attachments

• Duelist Tournament 1.0.w3x
    782.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Level 25

(So, I'm not really requesting this system unless you need to make your own to make it compatible with the 3rd feature in the system below)
-Stack item charges when item obtained (max = level of item, or point value if that exists)
-MUI capabilities

Double Inventory System
-An ability to toggle between 2 inventories on unit (12 items max, ability non-interrupting)
-MUI capabilities
-Here is the tough part, which utilizes the stack system above: Items automatically stack if obtained even if unit has that item in the alternate inventory.

I managed to use Stack'n'Split system and make Double Inventory System but it's all non-MUI and couldn't manage to do the 3rd part of Double Inventory System.
I have a feeling I need Bribe's Indexer for MUI but I have never looked at Indexer, or Hashtables.
The only MUI I know of is using Arrays or Jass locals and I'm pretty bad at both.
The Stack'n'Split I've been using can pick up items even with full inventory but it gives full inventory message.
But it won't move to pick item up if it's not 1 of the 6 item types in that inventory (to be placed in alternate inventory).

Edit: this is what I have of Stack'n'Split / Double Inventory for my Single Player map (this map is like 5% done and it's mostly trigger practice), but I want to incorporate this in Minecraft map (MUI version, with that 3rd feature I spoke of)

Request accepted. ETA: 1-2 days

I'll make it on a separate testmap.

Level 18
One System Request

I am here again to request one more system that deals with gates.

System Title: N/A

System Description: System calls user-defined gates to open to only nearby units owned by a defined player. In addition, the gates will open for x seconds.
Edit: System calls gates to open to spawned units owned by a defined player. For example, a unit spawns at this specific location or these specific coordinate, resulting in a specified gate to open for x seconds, long enough for the unit to pass the gate.

System Specifications: I actually want the system to open gates only to creeps.

Edit: I have another system to request.

System Title: HSS

System Specifications: System allows players to swap their "main hero" with allies' heroes.

Last edited:
Level 25

-MUI capabilities

Double Inventory System
-MUI capabilities

I had to do it without the Easy Stack & Split, I can't for the life of me figure out how to work with that thing to fix the conflicts.

• Inventory switching using the berserk ability (non interrupting)
  • Pick up items with a full inventory
  • Items stack automatically up to max = item level
  • Items stack into backpack if an item of type exists there
  • Items are added to backpack if active inventory is full
  • Items can be stacked by dropping them on each other
  • Items can be split by dropping it on itself (splits 1)
  • Items can be split using the command: -split X YY (X = item slot, YY = amount)

Let me know if you find any bugs.

Attachments

• ItemStackDblInventSystem.w3x
    28.7 KB · Views: 51
Level 6
I had to do it without the Easy Stack & Split, I can't for the life of me figure out how to work with that thing to fix the conflicts.

• Inventory switching using the berserk ability (non interrupting)
  • Pick up items with a full inventory
  • Items stack automatically up to max = item level
  • Items stack into backpack if an item of type exists there
  • Items can be stacked by dropping them on each other
  • Items can be split by dropping it on itself (splits 1)
  • Items can be split using the command: -split X YY (X = item slot, YY = amount)

Let me know if you find any bugs.

Wow!!! Thank you so much!
I can see this took a great deal of time by the looks of the triggers.
Yeah, the stack'n'split system trigger is really confusing and 1 trigger long as hell.

I tested this and it's working great, I love it =).
I really love how items can stack into your second inventory even if you are toggled onto the other inventory =D!
Wow, you had to use so many things like order IDs and stuff.
There are lots of functions I didn't expect too =), stacking items manually by dropping same items on top of each other, and I only expected split command. This split is neat too.
The picking item up is as smooth as ever, unit actually walks on top of item after picking up, neato.

I'm not done testing but there are some minor bugs.
I'm not gonna mention them because it's my fault for not specifying, and I already adjusted them to my liking.

There is one bug I would like to bring up though and it is extremely complicated to explain.
Let me provide some scenarios instead.

1. Picked Health Stone
2. Picked Ice Shard
3. Moved Health stone into another empty inventory
4. Health Stone disappears
--
Let me redo this scenario:
1. Picked Health Stone at location 1
2. Picked Ice Shard at location 2
3. Moved around
4. Moved health stone to another empty inventory slot
5. Paladin walks to location 1
6. Paladin reaches location 1 and Health Stone disappears
7. Moved ice shard to another empty inventory slot
8. Paladin walks to location 2
9. Paladin reaches location 2 and Ice Shard disappears
--
Let me show you another scenario:
1. Paladin picks up 2 Health Stones (Health stone charge: 2)
2. I split the health stone into 2 (+1 charge each) at location 1
3. I walk around
4. I move 1 health stone into empty inventory slot
5. Paladin walks to location 1
6. Paladin reaches location 1 and Health Stones stack again (+2 charge)

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, when I move an item to an empty slot, the paladin will walk to where that specific item was combined (picked up), then the item will disappear if I only have 1 copy of it in my inventory, and it will stack if I have 2 copies of it, disregarding charge numbers.
Also, I sometimes get a rare issue where paladin tries to walk to inventories Region instead of location 1 (where item was picked/combined), then item disappear/stack will occur there.
(p.s. swapping item positions works perfectly fine, error only occurs when messing with empty inventory slots)
--

If you have to remove the manual stack + split function to fix this, please do.
Manual stack as in dropping them onto same item type slot
Manual split as in dropping item to another slot

I'm very satisfied with split command already, it won't be used often and is sufficient.
--
Oh yes, I want to mention another bug.
-> not working for me, but what is working is item added to backpack if backpack has that item-type even if toggled in the other inventory.

Thank you very much for this system ^^.
I'll put it to good use for my Minecraft map, which started full-time production today.

==
==

Bump!

I bumped because I thought you did not see the new requests.

Oh I'm sure he saw them. It's just that my request was a huge one, and kept rulerofiron99 pretty busy. Sorry!

You may also want to be more specific with your Hero Swap System.

1. In an AoS, you can only swap with your team. But in co-op maps, you can swap with everyone. I'm wondering if your map is all co-op or team vs team, not that it makes much of a difference (if team swap, I assume it is a team vs team 5 players each team?)

2. Do you want the swap command to be -swap 1-5, or -swap (color), or -swap name, or all?

3. Am I right if I assume your gate system should only open when there are nearby units, and closes when no units are near?

I would offer to do this but this is ruler's workshop =P. And I think he's enjoying this. Or is he just so kind that... nvm just remembered his avatar.
I will do it if ruler wants me to and hasn't started on it yet to pay back a little of the effort he did for me though.

Last edited:
Level 25
Fixed.

Also, I sometimes get a rare issue where paladin tries to walk to inventories Region instead of location 1 (where item was picked/combined), then item disappear/stack will occur there.

I'm note entirely sure if this was fixed or not, please test this part again thoroughly.

PS: Feel free to do a few requests :)

Attachments

• ItemStackDblInventSystem002.w3x
    28.9 KB · Views: 66
Level 18
Oh I'm sure he saw them. It's just that my request was a huge one, and kept rulerofiron99 pretty busy. Sorry!

You may also want to be more specific with your Hero Swap System.

1. In an AoS, you can only swap with your team. But in co-op maps, you can swap with everyone. I'm wondering if your map is all co-op or team vs team, not that it makes much of a difference (if team swap, I assume it is a team vs team 5 players each team?)

2. Do you want the swap command to be -swap 1-5, or -swap (color), or -swap name, or all?

3. Am I right if I assume your gate system should only open when there are nearby units, and closes when no units are near?

I would offer to do this but this is ruler's workshop =P. And I think he's enjoying this. Or is he just so kind that... nvm just remembered his avatar.
I will do it if ruler wants me to and hasn't started on it yet to pay back a little of the effort he did for me though.

1. I did mention that the hero swap system will swap allies' heroes.
2. For me, the command does not matter. I believe the more the merrier, so I would prefer all.
3. No, the system will open a specific gate, when a unit spawns at a specified location.

Last edited:
Level 3
Pretty simple one, need creep spawn system like dota, but just top and bottom lines. Ofc if you have time.

Update:

I want that it would be like this movement direction like number 8

sorry for bad quality, drawed with phone :D

Attachments

• movement.jpg
    movement.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
Level 25
Pretty simple one, need creep spawn system like dota, but just top and bottom lines. Ofc if you have time.

Update:

I can make a testmap showing how to do a few waypoints, but I'm not going to do the whole map for you.

Level 6
Fixed.

I'm note entirely sure if this was fixed or not, please test this part again thoroughly.

PS: Feel free to do a few requests :)

Ugh, I wrote a 1000 word essay report about my tests and comments, lost it due to browser closing.
Now I'm lazy so I'm not retyping all of it, but here is the gist of it.
It works 100% for me, thanks very much!
My request here is 100% complete.

If you plan on submitting resource, add extra configs since this system was specifically for me, for highest efficiency it only has what I needed:
config 1: filter out item-type or item-class (especially equipment / uncharged items)
config 2: instead of making item disappear if it detects a full stack, make a config that has option of starting a new stack when there is already a full stack detected (actually, this should be a feature, since 1 stack max per item type feature at the moment can be worked around by splitting)
config 3: To RPG maps/makers: Tell them they have some options when using this system.
1. The Hero himself must have standard inventory, and the bag will have double inventory (because equipment stats will screw the hero up if toggled in other inventory)
OR
2. Find/make a compatible equipment/stat-mod system.
  • Equipping items via consuming them (compatible with double inventory + gives more item slots)
  • Detecting equipment items in the other inventory and giving those item bonuses to the hero.

Although I don't need those configs for my Minecraft map, I could work on config 3 if you plan to submit this resource.
If we do that, I might think about incorporating RPG elements in my Minecraft map.
I don't want my first map to head for failure though, can't try to smush everything in it XD.

Level 25

Update:

Attached uses a loop method.

Configuration should be easy enough - put each way point as a region in the region arrays. A = the one lane, B = the other lane. Set the waypointmaxa/b integer as the highest number in the array index.

Attachments

• CreepWaypoints.w3x
    18.8 KB · Views: 62
Level 6
I hope I am not bothering you. I am wondering whether you have seen my two new requests because you have not replied back yet.
Yeah he's seen it, but I offered to do it instead. Gotta go somewhere, I'll get to it tonight.

System Description: System calls user-defined gates to open to only nearby units owned by a defined player. In addition, the gates will open for x seconds.
Edit: System calls gates to open to spawned units owned by a defined player. For example, a unit spawns at this specific location or these specific coordinate, resulting in a specified gate to open for x seconds, long enough for the unit to pass the gate.
I don't understand what you want for your Open Gate system.
Edit: I'll leave Open Gate system for rulerofiron99, really, I don't understand it one bit. I'll do HSS.

Last edited:
Level 6
Uh, I assume he reads the most recent post before he posts in his own thread.
I edited my post, but what you are requesting is this:

System calls gates to open to spawned units owned by a defined player. For example, a unit spawns at this specific location or these specific coordinate, resulting in a specified gate to open for x seconds, long enough for the unit to pass the gate.
This is not a system. It is a few trigger lines you add to your spawn trigger. Or am I missing something?
  • Spawn Enemy 1
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 10 Enemy Mob for Creeps at Region_1
      • Destructible - Open Gate 0000 <gen>
      • Countdown Timer - Start Gate1 as a One-shot timer that will expire in 30.00 seconds
  • Close Gate 1
    • Events
      • Time - Gate1 expires
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Destructible - Close Gate 0000 <gen>

Last edited:
Level 18
These few trigger lines can add up to a lot, which is not really efficient. Thanks for trying to help anyway and +rep. I was thinking about how to connect a region to a gate through array variables. I have used your method before in an old map. Do you want me show the triggers?

Last edited:
Level 25
I am here again to request one more system that deals with gates.

It isn't *exactly* as specified - it opens when a unit owned by the gate's owner enter the region, and closes when one of those units leaves the region while no other units owned by the player are inside.

As always, the setup should be self explanatory.

Using it for your needs should be as simple as spawning the creeps.

Attachments

• PlayerAutoGates001.w3x
    18.8 KB · Views: 82
Status
Not open for further replies.