1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The reforging of the races is complete. Come see the 14th Techtree Contest Results.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. It's time to choose your horse in the race - the 32nd Modeling Contest Poll is up!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

GUI System Workshop [Requests welcome!]

Discussion in 'Requests' started by rulerofiron99, Aug 29, 2012.

1. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm pretty sure you're safe, your name doesn't look like it's from anime :p

2. HappyTauren

HappyTauren

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is golden. Also, add a rep requirement to the first post :D And note it is for "proof the user is not completely useless piece of not-knowing-anything" :D

3. claptomanic

claptomanic

Resources:
    Resources:
    hey ruler ^^

im in need of a system so i asked you to make it ;D

the system should do the following:

give exp depending on the level of the creep killed and the level of the hero whos killing it. (sounds easy up to here or? ;D)
    now the tricky parts. :D
    the exp should be devived to every allied hero in 600 range of the position the killed unit was (still sounds easy^^) depending on the levels of the allied heroes in the range (example : 100 exp ; 3 heroes (levels: 3, 6 ,1 -> total levels 10) -> 10 exp per part , 10 parts -> (parts for each hero are calulated : (level of the hero * part value)) the level 1 gets 60 exp , the level 3 gets 30 exp the level 6 gets 10 exp (so the hero with the lowest level gets the biggest part, the second the second part and so on until the highest leveled hero gets the smallest part); i hope its understandable how this part should work ;D).
    if a summoned unit kills the creep the total exp got is reduced by 10% so the example is changed the following way: 100 exp (-10%)-> 90 exp ; 3 heroes (levels: 3, 6 ,1 -> total levels 10) -> 9 exp per part , 10 parts -> the level 1 gets 54 exp , the level 3 gets 27 exp the level 6 gets 9 exp).

also its possible that heroes have a certain buff increasing the exp they get (not the total exp) by 25% and certain items increasing the exp by certain % or real values (please make a hash where i can specify the values for each item and save a boolean whether its a percentage bonus or a real value bonus).

the exp of every creep is calculated this way : 100 + (creep level * 20)

the exp for killing enemy heroes (dungeon bosses) is calculated this way : 500 + (dungeon number * 25) ; (the dungeon number should be a hash where i can combine the dungeon boss with the dungeon number)

please make the values in the calculation changable easily (the 100, the 500 the 20 & the 25).

i know its compicalted but i hope youll make it ;D

if you have any question please send a pm.

thanks in advance

greetz clapto

4. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Will have a look tomorrow.

5. gorillabull

gorillabull

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    hello mister ruler if you are not too busy i would like you to answer this question. how does one make a platform system which moves a unit <<-SIDEWAYS->> not up and down

i had an idea to do it with elevator platform since it moves units however there is no native which moves destructibles to a certain point only up and down sadly i fear this is something the wc3 engine does not support
    this is what i have in mind, as the elevator platform moves sideways the unit moves too

show
    [​IMG]

6. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'd use a unit for the platform.
    For walking, two ideas:
    1. When the unit mounts the platform, they lose ability to move and get moved to the position of the platform every 0.03 sec.
    2. Make an invisible bridge across the whole path its moving, and dynamically enable/disable pathing blockers along the way.

7. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well i just to say can you make one for me?...the save/load triggers cause i am sure i will really missed up!
    Anyways your is the people who i trust in making this kind of GUI System so pls. help me.

8. neo_sluf

neo_sluf

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well i just to say can you make one for me?...the save/load triggers cause i am sure i will really missed up!
    Anyways your is the people who i trust in making this kind of GUI System so pls. help me.

9. torques

torques

Resources:
    Resources:
    Save/Load Just give it a try man, there's already been a lot out there, why are you requesting it again. Maybe it works?

GUI? Most of the Save/Load is in GUI, but there still will be Jass scripts for it to work, saving integers etc.

10. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Exp System
    Core function:
    • Gets total exp a creep will provide
    • Calculate piece size to total/(total hero levels)
    • Divides total into pieces each (herolevel)*piecesize
    • Gives highest piece to lowest level hero, etc
    Bonus function:
    • Specify a buff that gives 25% bonus to unit's already calculated exp piece
    • Specify a list of items that can each give a configurable bonus exp to unit's calculated piece (specify whether percentage/flat, and how much)
    Not done:
    • Dungeon bonus. Not sure how you want this done, so I left it as dungeonbonus*(boss herolevel).

Attached Files:

11. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
  12. Br0

Br0

Resources:
    Resources:
    How goes the thoughts on my request?

13. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    And we're open for business again!

14. torques

torques

Resources:
    Resources:
    System Title: Revive Circle System
    System Description: When a hero died, it will create a circle of power at the "dead" location. If an allied walked past the circle of power, the dead hero will be revived.
    System Specifications:
    • MPI - Work for every player
    • MUI - Work for every hero

This system was actually made before by defskull but is not MUI. I request the MUI from him but he seems to give up his Spell Workshop currently. Here is the non-mui system. SRCS

15. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    defskull's system is definitely MUI - it works for multiple Peasants controlled by one player.

Do you need the system to work for multiple unit types?

16. torques

torques

Resources:
    Resources:
    ^ yes. I need it to work for multiple unit type.

17. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Team Hero Revive System
    Description: When a hero dies, a circle of power is created at its location, and the hero becomes revived when an allied hero comes in range.
    • Configurable range
    • Works for player and allied heroes
    • Each hero type must be configured: whether it becomes revivable or not, and whether it can revive or not
    Specifications:
    • MUI for any number of configured units
    Requirements:
    • Unit Indexing system (included)
    • Damage Detection system (included)

How it works: when a unit takes damage that should be fatal, it is instead paused and made invulnerable, and added to the system. The system checks the units nearby each dead unit periodically, reviving it if at least one reviver unit is in nearby.

Attached Files:

18. torques

torques

Resources:
    Resources:
    works like a charm! thanks.

+rep

19. Weng

Weng

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    About Memory Saving?

looking on many tutorials about that but my knowledge isn't enough to understand them.

THANKS BEFORE ANYTHING

20. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I am sorry but thats impossible. You sadly cant store values between the times you play it.
    tho I heard you could extract a txt file with your scores.