• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI] Creep Wander System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
I have done this kind of system before, but my method is not so flawless. Well, in my system, neutral creeps wander randomly towards regions (to get that wander effect) and when a player owned hero attacks them, a "hostile" buff would be added to them. Creeps with the hostile buff attack their foes until the buff disappears. (wander is disabled when creep has buff) That system didn't go well, because of many bugs and the hostile buff being removed by another buff spell (same base, blood lust, inner .. etc)

So I'm requesting a system here, It would have:
1.) Random creep spawn in the map. (not really needed, but I would surely appreciate it)
2.) creeps should wander not further than 500 units from their last position.
3.)The wandering of creeps
4.)every time they are attacked by a hero, they stop wandering and attack their enemy.
5.)No buffs and regions used (no regions if possible but there would surely be a way not to use a buff right?)
6.)GUI

and that's pretty much it.. Hope someone can do it for me :D.

Level 7
You could possibly add the wander spell to all of these creeps, then when they are attacked or selected by the player within a certain range you make a trigger to remove the wander spell and change it's team from neutral passive to neutral hostile (or what ever enemy slot you want to) and order the creep to attack the player.

Edit: Is this what you wanted? I made 3 different versions.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=p7j0w5

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.