• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

'Wander (Neutral)' Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
If you don't already know, Wander is the ability given to all 'Critters' that makes them walk around randomly. Only problem is, since Critters weren't meant to be involved in combat, whenever you attack a unit with the Wander ability, it will run away from you instead of fighting back. Even if you disable 'Stats - Can Flee', it still will not work. I was wondering if it was possible for anyone to remake a custom 'Wander' only this time, the unit doesn't run when you attack it.

Use a trigger:

Event: Every 1 or so seconds of game time
Actions:
Select All units in playable map area
If Then Else Multiple function
If unit has (wander dummy) equal to true
Then Order nit to move to (position of picked unit) with offset (random number between 25-75)
Else: Nothing

Of course you would have to make a dummy ability called wander that didn't do anything and add it to all units you want to wander.

Level 4
Well, it's a total of 180 critters in the map. But a maximum of 6 can be involved in combat at once. Also, they're owned by players 5 through 10.

Level 4
I tried his, and there's 2 problems.
1 - It doesn't work.
2 - If it did, that means it would make it ... very hard for them to retreat. I wan't them to be able to try to run away if they want to.

As for Krakens, I like his, but the problem is, I don't want them to ALL move at the same time. I want a little variation. Like is there any way for each of them to individually move every, say, 4 to 8 seconds or something?

I think this is maybe what you want?:
  • Example Trigger
    • Events
      • Time - Every 4.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • ((Triggering unit) has buff Wanderer) Equal to True
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Random 2 units from (Units in (Playable map area))) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To ((Position of (Picked unit)) offset by (Random real number between 0.00 and 250.00) towards (Random angle) degrees)
        • Else - Actions

Level 4
Nevermind. I came up with a much easier solution. For each lvl, theres 6 units, but you can only actually be playing in one level at once, so when each level starts, all the units of the unit type for that level have the Wander ability removed when the level starts. Thanks for the help, guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.