• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Wander (Neutral) Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Is there a way to increase the amount of 'wander' in the wander ability?

Currently critters/units walk (swim, fly, leap, crawl, slither, ambulate) a short distance, stop and stand looking sort of stupid.

What I want is for units/creeps to keep on moving about 'randomly' across the map without using a point trigger - meaning I do not want to create hundreds, or thousands of points to have a unit move about 'randomly'.

Increasing the movement around while decreasing the pauses.

Level 9
I do not believe you can change wander.

You don't have to create thousands of points. You just order the critters that need to wander by putting them in a unit group, then having them move in accordance to their current location, then clearing the locations as needed by calling RemoveLocation(). This is the best you can do since you can't change wander.

Level 24
You would just need one point, and one unit group, at least if I am correct. Basically put all your creeps into this unit group, and order them to this point variable you have created, and set it to Random Position in Playable Map area, then each maybe 5th second you give YourPoint a new value and order YourUnitGrp to move to it, thus making it seem they're all moving to different locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.