• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Problem with Wander

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I gave all the units in my ORPG the Wander ability to make it look more ORPGey. Problem is, some of them wander, others dont, but they are all based off of neutral hostile units and they all have the wander ability.

Level 4
Post the data of a unit that the wandering works, and the data of one that doesn't, we could try to help you there.

Level 8
First unit doesnt wander, the other does, but they both have the wander ability

Attachments

• Obj Data not Ok.jpg
    Obj Data not Ok.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 137
  • Obj Data OK.jpg
    Obj Data OK.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 107
Level 5
Change the classification of the units to something besides neutral hostile and try again. Check your triggers to make sure they aren't changing the movement of those units too.

Just a note that in a big map like an ORPG a lot of units wandering could cause lag problems.

Level 4
i really cant see why they dont both wander if they both have the ability ill look into it,

also maddawgs comment of that lots of units wandering could cause lag all depends really, if they somehow all wander at the exact same time it will most likely cause a spike but if they just go about it randomly it shouldnt be to bad as its just movement and doesnt involve triggers or any advanced game commands.

Tested it out i went over everything and i cant find why they wouldnt wander cause all mine did, i gave 20 units wander all had different specs and they all wandered, make sure its an ordinary ability though and not a default active cause a few had that and they didnt wander

Level 12
i really cant see why they dont both wander if they both have the ability ill look into it,

also maddawgs comment of that lots of units wandering could cause lag all depends really, if they somehow all wander at the exact same time it will most likely cause a spike but if they just go about it randomly it shouldnt be to bad as its just movement and doesnt involve triggers or any advanced game commands.

Tested it out i went over everything and i cant find why they wouldnt wander cause all mine did, i gave 20 units wander all had different specs and they all wandered, make sure its an ordinary ability though and not a default active cause a few had that and they didnt wander

This is probably the fix you need.

It's an easy thing to overlook, after all.

Level 4
This seems to be an epidemic problem, we need..WANDERBUSTERS!

We got to get this wander bug figured out.
I don't suppose view during the day/night has anything to do with it?

Level 12
since theres already a topic on the wander ability,

it seems that neutral hostile units who have wander, sometimes dont attack players like they should, anyone know why?

Its probably because wander is originally a critter ability and its innate AI tells it not to attack because it normally can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.