• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

GUI System Workshop [Requests welcome!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
System Title: Revive Circle System
System Description: When a hero died, it will create a circle of power at the "dead" location. If an allied walked past the circle of power, the dead hero will be revived.
System Specifications:
  • MPI - Work for every player
  • MUI - Work for every hero

This system was actually made before by defskull but is not MUI. I request the MUI from him but he seems to give up his Spell Workshop currently. Here is the non-mui system. SRCS

Level 25
Team Hero Revive System
Description: When a hero dies, a circle of power is created at its location, and the hero becomes revived when an allied hero comes in range.
  • Configurable range
  • Works for player and allied heroes
  • Each hero type must be configured: whether it becomes revivable or not, and whether it can revive or not
Specifications:
  • MUI for any number of configured units
Requirements:
  • Unit Indexing system (included)
  • Damage Detection system (included)

How it works: when a unit takes damage that should be fatal, it is instead paused and made invulnerable, and added to the system. The system checks the units nearby each dead unit periodically, reviving it if at least one reviver unit is in nearby.

Attachments

• TeamHeroReviveSystem001.w3x
    31.9 KB · Views: 42
Level 4
About Memory Saving?

looking on many tutorials about that but my knowledge isn't enough to understand them.

System Title: Auto-Saving Value
System Description:
Anyway, i just wanna to save 2 Value,
1) Show up "The Player Played this map for X times" or just "The player is just first time on playing this map"

2) To show up "The player's highest record for [X Value]"

System Specifications:Show these properties when game start, Save first Value every game start, Save Value 2 When they reach their newest record.

THANKS BEFORE ANYTHING

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Level 9
hey ruler ^^ i hope you still accept request so i would like you to take a look at this thread....the critical system is is currently made by TwoVenomous so i would like to request the 3 other systems ;D

Level 25
Protects the target with an earthen shield, it damages all enemy for xx damage(configurable) , and causing attacks to heal the shielded target for half amount damage. 9(configurable) charges. Lasts xx(configurable) min. This effect can only occur once every xx(2s-3s)(Configurable) seconds.
When does it deal the damage? Every second? When cast? When the shield finishes?
1 charge = 1 attack blocked?

hey ruler ^^ i hope you still accept request so i would like you to take a look at this thread....the critical system is is currently made by TwoVenomous so i would like to request the 3 other systems ;D

I'll have to get back to you on that.

Level 25
Works for only one unit at a time, when cast by a new caster the old target is overwritten.

Configurables should be self-explanatory.

I didn't include any comments, it is very simple and should be easy to follow.

Either way, you should not be making or using non-MUI spells like this.

Attachments

• EarthShield001.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 46
Level 4
Vehicle System

This systems will be in my map(if you make it...) you will get credits and +rep ofc
NOTE: in my map players are player 4,5,6,7,8,9, and enemy is computer (creeps)

SYSTEM 1
System Title: Vehicle System
System Description: When player is in car, the car will be attacked with nerby enemies, if there is no player in car, enemy wont attack it. Car`s fuel is mana, when fuel(mana) runs out the car will stop- every car will have 100 mana and car will spend 1.5mana/sec, to make it drive again car needs to get a mana potion item(in my map i will change it to fuel canister ofc lol), if cars health goes below 30 car is broken and it will stop(car have 200hp).If player want to enter car he/she can be in two situations: a) car is working- unit needs to wait 20 sec to break in car and needs to be in 50 range of car(and write etc.-breakincar)(player gets the message that he/she needs to wait 20 sec/ and there is timer), and when he broke in car he needs to wait 15sec to turn car on(and write etc.-turnon)(player gets the message that he/she needs to wait 15 sec/ and there is timer)[(if car is working everyone can break into it except mage)operation can be canceled any time](player gets message that car is turned on), if there is anyone in 15 range of car,that unit will be knocked back 100 range far
Note: to cancel operation player just needs to move[(or write etc.-c]do what is easier)

b)car is broken:there are two types of broken cars:1. cars hp is equal to or less than 30, and 2.car`s mehanics is broken(no hp damage visible)user finds out that car is broken when he try to turn car on(he gets a message for both situations)(when he/she do the things from "a)" ), only engineer class can fix it(by typing -fixcar)(lasts 40sec- operation can be canceled any time)

System Specifications: can be used by all users

SYSTEM 2

System Title: Agression system
System Description:if enemy spots player, enemy will start to follow him slowly(at 50% of their speed), if player hits an enemy, the enemy will follow him at 100% of their speed, and if there is any attacking actions in 1000 range of an enemy, the enemy will come to that location at 100% of their speed,
NOTE: Enemy is computer (creeps)

System Specifications: ...

Thanks

Level 3
hello i like to request 2 systems for my map if its ok
1st is...

System Title: "Devil May Cry" Item Pricing System
System Description:
In the games devil may cry whenever you buy an item the items price goes up to a certain percentage.
what i want (if possible) in warcraft is that whenever you buy an item from a specific shop, all the items prices sold in that shop goes up 100% per purchase until it reaches 1000%
System Specifications:

1. MUI ? - well i want to specify which shop that is placed on the map will be affected with this system
2. There are some shops that is not affected by this system
3. Price range can be edited and change

Next is...

System Title: Spell Prerequisites
System Description:
Heroes spells is automatically learned upon reaching a heroes certain level, and the spells level goes up upon reaching another level, and some spells are learned after some spells reach certain level fully removing and disregarding warcrafts skill point system making it possible to house 7 spells in one hero (confusing? heres an example)

Storm Bolt : Learned at level 1
Next level at level 4
Next level at level 6
Next level at level 8

Evasion : Learned at level 3 ,
Next level at level 6
Next level at level 9
Next level at level 12

Thunder Clap : Learned at level 5 ,
Next level at level 10
Next level at level 15
Next level at level 20

Frost Nova : Learned at level 7 ,
Next level at level 14
Next level at level 21
Next level at level 28

Frost Bolt - Requires Level 3 Storm Bolt and Level 3 Frost Nova
Drunken Brawler - Requires Level 2 Thunder Clap and Level 4 Evasion
Warstomp - Requires Level 4 Thunder Clap and Level 1 Frost Nova

System Specifications:

1. MUI - this time im sure that all hero units will be affected
2. The Spells, and Spell / Level Prerequisites can be edited

GUI or Vjass (as long as you tell me what to chage in vjass) is fine.

Just tell me if its still lacks detail.

Advance thanks for reading this and more power :D

Level 25
"Devil May Cry" Item Pricing System

It is impossible to change an item's price. There are two workarounds:

• Make a different item for each price. This might work for you because the price goes up 100% at a time, so probably not many levels.
  • Trigger the item's cost. It won't actually cost anything, but when you buy it a trigger checks if you have the gold and removes it. If you don't have the gold, the item is removed.

yes, and if you could make that bosses canot be knocked back...

Simple enough.

ETA for your system: 12 December 2012.

Level 4
Ok,thanks very much, +rep EDIT: i cant +rep you becouse i already did...

Level 3
You can drop the first system request but the second one is essential and i forgot to add that the spell should already be present in the heroes menu

Level 25
You can drop the first system request but the second one is essential and i forgot to add that the spell should already be present in the heroes menu

Please clarify - you mean the hero starts with the spell?

Or that all these spells exist in the hero's abilities menu, and have requirements?

Remember that there's a maximum of 5, so anything more would need a custom hero menu system as well.

Level 3
Please clarify - you mean the hero starts with the spell?

Or that all these spells exist in the hero's abilities menu, and have requirements?

Remember that there's a maximum of 5, so anything more would need a custom hero menu system as well.

The heroes starts with a first set of spells then the system kicks in and the spells are learned and leveled up as the hero reaches a certain level (pretty much like console RPG's), set 2 is learned as the spells gains level

here's another sample:
(this is how im planning my heroes if this system is made anyways)

lets say we have a hero that has a set of 4 initial spells each has a max level of 4.

spell 1
spell 2
spell 3
spell 4

and with this system after reaching a certain level and the initial spells gains levels the hero learns 2 more spells each with one level only (or more if possible)

spell 5 is learned after spell 1 reaches level 3 and spell 3 reaches level 4
spell 6 is learned after spell 2 reaches level 2 and spell 4 reaches level 3

ive always knew that normally you can only put 5 spells in the hero ability slots and an extra 1(?)(besides hero inventory) in the normal ability slot ... i wanna break that barrier by requesting this system by trying to put 6 (or possibly more) hero spells in one hero

Level 13
I have an idea for a spell.
Gold Income Steal:
When the caster unit channels on the goldmine, the owner of the unit gets money from enemy harvesters currently harvesting on the goldmine. The owner of the harvester units will not get the income.

Is it possible to do something like that?

Level 4
Hi @rulerofiron99 i just want to ask how is it going with this two systems?

SYSTEM 1
System Description: When player is in car, the car will be attacked with nerby enemies, if there is no player in car, enemy wont attack it. Car`s fuel is mana, when fuel(mana) runs out the car will stop- every car will have 100 mana and car will spend 1.5mana/sec, to make it drive again car needs to get a mana potion item(in my map i will change it to fuel canister ofc lol), if cars health goes below 30 car is broken and it will stop(car have 200hp).If player want to enter car he/she can be in two situations: a) car is working- unit needs to wait 20 sec to break in car and needs to be in 50 range of car(and write etc.-breakincar)(player gets the message that he/she needs to wait 20 sec/ and there is timer), and when he broke in car he needs to wait 15sec to turn car on(and write etc.-turnon)(player gets the message that he/she needs to wait 15 sec/ and there is timer)[(if car is working everyone can break into it except mage)operation can be canceled any time](player gets message that car is turned on), if there is anyone in 15 range of car,that unit will be knocked back 100 range far
Note: to cancel operation player just needs to move[(or write etc.-c]do what is easier)

b)car is broken:there are two types of broken cars:1. cars hp is equal to or less than 30, and 2.car`s mehanics is broken(no hp damage visible)user finds out that car is broken when he try to turn car on(he gets a message for both situations)(when he/she do the things from "a)" ), only engineer class can fix it(by typing -fixcar)(lasts 40sec- operation can be canceled any time)

System Specifications: can be used by all users

SYSTEM 2

System Title: Agression system
System Description:if enemy spots player, enemy will start to follow him slowly(at 50% of their speed), if player hits an enemy, the enemy will follow him at 100% of their speed, and if there is any attacking actions in 1000 range of an enemy, the enemy will come to that location at 100% of their speed,
NOTE: Enemy is computer (creeps)

System Specifications: ...

Level 25
User: hrky
System Description: Allows units to unlock, enter and driver vehicles.
System Specifications:
  • Use the Enter ability to attempt to enter a car, if car is unlocked unit enters car otherwise it begins unlocking.
  • Unlocking requires the unit to stay in range for the duration
  • Once in a car, it must be switched on, which takes X seconds
  • Broken cars must be fixed by using the Fix ability
  • Broken cars are specified by either setting HP = less than 30, or setting RVS_VehicleStatus[Custom val of vehicle] = 0
  • Vehicles consume X mana per second while on (idle consumption), and an additional Y mana per second while moving. (set X to 0 if you want it simpler)
  • Vehicles knock back nearby enemy units while moving. Does not affect bosses (Heroes)

Don't forget to change the configuration, e.g. unlock time and so on.

Copy all the triggers and the 4 abilities.

Attachments

• VehicleSystem001.w3x
    38 KB · Views: 56
Level 18
System Title: Item Recipe System

System Description: Drops a item over another item in inventory to combine items

System Specifications:
1. MUI or MPI

Yes, I know there are tons of recipe systems in the spell section. However, not one does what is described above. The benefit of this one tiny difference are the player can decide when to combine the items. One custom Wc3 map currently uses this recipe system; it is Phase Killer.

System Title: Gain Stats Over Time
System Description: Heroes gain stats over time when attacking.
System Specifications:
1. MUI

Level 25
Can you make a passive spell that will activate only when a unit has a specific buff

Things to note:
You have to set the ability's Techtree - Requirements to a dummy unit-type.
In Passive Check Config, specify this unit and the associated buff.

Attachments

• PassiveBuffCheck.w3x
    18.6 KB · Views: 71
Level 25

Attachments

• NightstalkerPassive.w3x
    18.1 KB · Views: 59
Level 25
System Title: Item Recipe System

System Description: Drops a item over another item in inventory to combine items

System Specifications:
1. MUI or MPI

Yes, I know there are tons of recipe systems in the spell section. However, not one does what is described above. The benefit of this one tiny difference are the player can decide when to combine the items. One custom Wc3 map currently uses this recipe system; it is Phase Killer.

So I went ahead and made it. I'm actually quite pleased with the result.

The only slight drawback, if you could call it that, is that there is a small delay when combining.

Fully MUI.

Set your recipes in the RCR Config trigger.

Attachments

• RightClickRecipe002.w3x
    19 KB · Views: 42
Level 4
Hi, i tested systems(vehicle and aggro systems)and they work great except this little thing in vehicle system... when car runs out of fuel(mana) it doesnt stop, it continue driving, if you can fix that it would be great, and thanks again for making this systems for me :D, and can you add that 1 player can enter car as passanger? if that`s not problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.