• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

System Factory

Should i continiue making systems?

• Yes, but you need seriouse help (+3)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, you cant get better (+2)

• No, your GUI knowledge are minimal (-3)

• No, your systems sucks (-4)

• No, you should stop right here and now (-5)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
eleljrk i got another request for you,hard as always :xxd:
I hope you will be able to do it this time...

I am making a side map(i don't plan to upload it anywhere,just for me and my friends,so sorry i won't have credits for anyone) but you might help me and do this,even without credits for your sys.(rep will be given)

I want my hero(which is some sort of villager...) to have something like a multiboard where he can see his available metamorphosis...
If you haven't understood what i mean,think it like this.You know maps like diablo 3 which have a unique inventory system?
I want something similar,when player for example press ESC to have a board appearing showing a few squares(each one should resemble his metamorphosis) and some of them be highlighted(those who are available) and the other looking sort of dark,but still clear enough.

I want this in GUI...and sort of easy customizable,so i can add all those different metamorphosis...
Thx,waiting for your reply.

Level 15
Hmm...i think you will have played ORPG's ...They have a custom inventory system,something like this :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7/?prev=search=bigger%20inventory&d=list&r=20

Well i want something sort of looking like this.
When a player presses the ESC button,a board appears in his screen that shows him all his abilities.
For example each hero can has 5 abilities,when he presses the ESC a board will come up showing him his 5 abilities....those who are avalaible should be highlighted,and those that are not avalaible(on cooldown) should be darker.

The abilities are ment to be bought from shops,so make it easily customizeable so i can change these staff...

Also when i say board i mean something like the system i linked above that looks like an inventory with more slots.Instead i want a board with 5 empty squares that each one matching the hero abilities.Was i clear enough?

Hmm...i think you will have played ORPG's ...They have a custom inventory system,something like this :fp: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...7/?prev=search=bigger%20inventory&d=list&r=20

Well i want something sort of looking like this.
When a player presses the ESC button,a board appears in his screen that shows him all his abilities.
For example each hero can has 5 abilities,when he presses the ESC a board will come up showing him his 5 abilities....those who are avalaible should be highlighted,and those that are not avalaible(on cooldown) should be darker.

The abilities are ment to be bought from shops,so make it easily customizeable so i can change these staff...

Also when i say board i mean something like the system i linked above that looks like an inventory with more slots.Instead i want a board with 5 empty squares that each one matching the hero abilities.Was i clear enough?
I am going to make such an big inventory system, however, its in its alpha stages.
Still the thing I did works.

I will definitely make it but it will take a while. Its gonna an addon for my CustomInventory which is currently in developing.

It will be a bit work to implement it, but its really worth it.

Level 15
I am going to make such an big inventory system, however, its in its alpha stages.
Still the thing I did works.

I will definitely make it but it will take a while. Its gonna an addon for my CustomInventory which is currently in developing.

It will be a bit work to implement it, but its really worth it.

Maybe then i could also have a version of it?

Level 9
I got mockery (If thats the right word) in the 2 next weeks.. Im reading, and cant work 100% on anything not related to school.. But, i promisse to release (or try to release...) at last 2 systems before next week starts!

@supertoinkz i see, like an extra cost? Like Gold, Lumber and Food.. ;)

hey, can you pause for my current request?
I have an urgent request for you

"I just played Warcraft 1. Well I saw that whenever a Peasant\Peon returns their Lumber or Gold that harvested, the peasant\peon will enter the town hall for about 3-4 seconds then your current lumber\gold will increase then the Peasant\Peon will get out.

How to do this?
Also I want it improvised (I want to have some +Lumber and +gold when they get out.
Also please put the code (GUI it)"

thats it

Level 9
what bout my system?hmm

If you could read your stupid PM i would help, but if you dont, i will close your request!

@supertoinkz - Thats quite simple.. :s All you need is 3 triggers:
  • UnitExperation
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(harvest))
      • (Custom value of (Ordered unit)) Greater than or equal to 10
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Ordered unit)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current order of (Ordered unit)) Equal to (Order(Gold Mine))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Ordered unit)
          • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Harvest (Targeted unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Ordered unit)
          • Unit - Order (Ordered unit) to Harvest (Target destructible of issued order)
      • Unit - Unpause the expiration timer for (Ordered unit)
  • UnitGoBack
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) is A peon-type unit) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
      • Set TempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at TempPoint facing (Facing of (Triggering unit)) degrees
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Current order of (Triggering unit)) Equal to (Order(Gold Mine))
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Harvest Nearby Gold
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Harvest Nearby Lumber
  • AddCustomValue
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Set the custom value of (Ordered unit) to 20
OBS: Its not fully tested, i tryed with trees, and that worked well! :)

Last edited:
Level 13
i need help with system.
System need to be rotation of buildings. Something like unit starts construction, then if unit that was finished building is of type Worker[VERTICAL] then remove constructing building, set building progress at 0 or 1 order unit to build building again. If you can do it for VERTICAL i will do for Horizontal and other rotations.If you do that your REWARD : +REP. Thanks Advance. If you can do it in one of 2 next days please.
EDIT : you can use basic pleasants you doesn't must change anything, only do that thing in triggers. You need to choise the way how will you do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.