• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Gran Metropolis

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
An altered melee map, so far it has 20 playable factions (some of them are ridiculous or strange xD) which are:

- Kingdom of Lordaeron
- Kingdom of Kultiras
- Kingdom of Ironforge
- Kingdom of Quel'thalas
- Uncrowned
- Kingdom of Gilneas
- Dalaran
- Orgrimmar
- Frostowolf
- Iron Horde
- Fel Horde
- Lost Ones
- Lizarmen Organization
- Undead Scourge
- Burning Legion
- Azjol Nerub
- Sentinels
- Azjol Anak
- Empire of Nazjatar
- Mechanical Brigade

I want to make it clear that I'm not a faithful follower of the Lore and that probably all the factions are ridiculous, but it's simply a map to have fun, or at least it tries to be.

General changes:
- Buildings Kills Grant XP
- Heros with Max Level no take XP
- Item Stacking is Enable with 1000 max stack.
- Max building speed is 500.
- Minimun building speed is 25.
- Max unit speed is 500.
- The food levels is 0 - 70 - 120 - 160.
- The gold Tax Rates is 0.00 - 0.20 - 0.40 - 0.60.
- Heroes reach level 30, their normal skills have 6 levels and their ultimates at level 2.
- The ranged and melee upgrades increase the base damage of the unit in 10%. If the unit has no defense upgrade, then it is given 20% of the base damage.
- The maximum food is 200.
- The units have 5 general collision sizes: Small with 0.01 - 15.00; Medium 15.01 - 30.00; Large 30.01 - 45.00; Giant 45.01 - 60.00; Colossal 60.01 - 75.00
- The "Giant-sized" land units count as land units and buildings.
- The "Colossal-sized" land units count as land units, air units and buildings.
- Flying units traveling at low altitude count as air and ground units.
- The "tauren" tag was changed to "Revivable", to emphasize that other non-tauren units can be revived with the Ancestral Spirit spell.
- The damage and defense upgrades of the units reach level 6 (2 for each tier), also the upgrades of the spell casters reach level 4 (they don't increase the amount of spells though).
- Regardless of the level of the main town hall, heroes always cost 5 food points.
- All factions have an AI to use the "race" even knows how to use the hero points after level 10 and will produce units up to an average of 190 - 200 food points. Even so it will not come to your aid if you are being attacked (to prevent it from stealing your gleaning). It also has an internal RNG that tells it if it wants to make a small attack early, so be careful if one appears near you.
- Many of the stats of the units that already existed were altered, to somehow match them with the new units.
CAUTIONS

The map is not finished and therefore is only intended to be tested in a single player (for the moment), adding more players users will lead to an error where the other players will be in an instant defeat.

When starting the map the following buttons should not be clicked or pressed to avoid problems:

They have not been included to play, but to sort the selection menu but will be included in the future:
- Darkspear
- Forsaken
- Illidari
- Highborne
- Drakkai
- Emerald Nightmare
- Axis of Awful
- Cult of Berrens

I recommend playing with the graphics in Classic so that the old models don't clash with the new ones.

When placing bots make sure that none of them are "Night Elf", so I don't recommend setting them to "random", otherwise you will be stuck with no wood. Make sure they are either "human;orc;undead" to avoid this.

General Credits of Models, Icons and Skins (Authors):
4eNNightmare
67chrome
84chrome
-Berz-
~Nightmare
A.R.
Afronight_76
alfredx_sotn
AlienAtSystem
Alok
Anachron
AndrewOverLoad519
Apheraz
bakr
Battle Cry Target
Blizzard Entertaiment
bu3ny
Burning_Dragoon5
C-Cow
Callahan
Champara Bros
Chen
CloudWolf
COMBO
CRAZYRUSSIAN
CreatorD3292
CRIS
Cuore
Daelin
darkdeathknight
DarkEvil
Darkfang
Deleted member 126647
Deolrin
Diegoit
diosilva16
Direfury
Domokun
Draktar
Edge45
Eagle XI
Em!
EnetheruAnuon
Explobomb
Fjury
Fuzzyfury
garfield
General Frank
GhostThruster
Gluma
Golden-Drake
Grey Knight
GreyArchon
H4ppyemO
handclaw
Hantoo
Hawkwing
Hellx-Magnus
HerrDave
Himperion
Huinipachutli
IamMclovin
icewolf055
ILH
Ilya Alaric
Infinitynexus
Infrisios
iron_warrior
JesusHipster
JetFangInferno
jj84
johnwar
JollyD
KelThuzad
Kenathorn
Khazmo
KILLCIDE
Kimbo
Kitabatake
kola
Kuhneghetz
Kwaliti
loktar
Lordan12
Mainy
MatiS
Marcos DAB
Maxwell
Mephestrial
Mc !
Mike
MiniMage
Mister_Haudrauf
MN Lahmar
Mr Ogre man
Mr.Goblin
Muoteck
Murlocologist
NFWar
Norinrad
Null
Paladon
PlasticAngel
PrinceYaser
PROXY
Pyraeus
Pyroproctos
r.ace613
Ramza
Red XIII
Retera
RightField
Rizz_Boomer
San
Scias
Sellenisko
setmgn
SeW
SexYFrostWyrM
Shardeth
Sin'dorei300
Skrik
Skycex
skymarshall
Smokey_Bud
SpasMaster
Static
Stefan.K
stonneash
SuPa-
Sylvie
Tarrasque
Taylor Mouse
Tenebrae
The Panda
The Weird Human
The_Avenger's_Return
The_Silent
Thrikodius
tillinghast
Tranquil
TVK
UgoUgo
Ujimasa Hojo
Uncle Fester
viiva
Villagerino
Vinz
War_Golum
WhiteDeath
Whitewolf8
Windrunner29
WyrWuulfe
xyzier_24
YoursTruly
zbc
Contents

Great Metropolis (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Please translate the Espanol stuff to English: text in the buttons of the dialog panel and in the timer window; the Guardian's Monsoon and Control Magic descriptions, Kult Tiras Sniper, Footman, Priest, Druid of the Talon and Gryphon Rider etc. All...
Level 4
Very good custom race map. Hope to see more races. For example, Saberon(Tigermen), Vrykul, Pandaren, Faceless One,Centaur.
Faceless ones and Pandarens were originally planned but I have not found models for the buildings of these factions (and the ones I found did not convince me), and as for Centaur they will be included in Cult of Berrens.

Thanks for your comment.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by Gran Metropolis
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Also, please make sure the map is in English. Bilingualism is also allowed.
Could take some inspiration from the guides below, especially in what the map thread description is concerned.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 4
A credits list in the map description with the names of the authors whose resources you've used is mandatory. That includes models, skins, icons, custom spells, systems. Also, sounds, music and everything outside this site.
This helps you with the models, skins and icons from Hiveworkshop: Resources in use by Gran Metropolis
You can also upload your map here to generate a list: Asset scanner

Also, please make sure the map is in English. Bilingualism is also allowed.
Could take some inspiration from the guides below, especially in what the map thread description is concerned.

Awaiting Update.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
Alexen
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/
Thank you for the review. At the moment I am updating many settings, descriptions and AI to improve the map. When the next version is ready I will be sure to update the description to include the credits of models contained in the map (I must remove several that are included in the map that are not used).

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Please translate the Espanol stuff to English: text in the buttons of the dialog panel and in the timer window; the Guardian's Monsoon and Control Magic descriptions, Kult Tiras Sniper, Footman, Priest, Druid of the Talon and Gryphon Rider etc. All factions suffer from the need of English translation.

There are a lot of factions but generally there are slim differences between them and little to no custom scripted gameplay mechanics but renamed regular abilities and upgrades.

Simple.

Level 4
Thank you, I am aware of this problem and I am working on it. I plan to make a general review of all the descriptions of the game when I finish adding the remaining factions, which will be 28. I know that many are similar but it's more like a parallel that can be drawn with age of empires xd
I also wanted it to be like this to make it easier to work on the AI. When I complete all the factions (including their ai), descriptions and spells I plan to publish the next update. And maybe in the future I'll see if I can include more custom mechanics (which was the idea but I'm not very experienced in it)