• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
I listen to a lot of movie/game soundtracks. Techno-sympony is my most favored style of music, but its a fairly rare music style...mostly found in China and a little in Japan, so far from what I've seen.

And, of course my favorite vocal artist, Hekiru Shiina :wink:
shiina_hekiru01.jpg

-VGsatomi

Level 36
Zomg, Music FTW

Well I absolutely love music. I love so many bands it would take me a really long time to name them all. I only like rock music though, but like every subgenre of rock I like. Metal, prog metal, rock, indie rock, punk rock, ska, hardcore punk, etc etc. But a friend of mine just got me into an amazing band called Iced Earth, they have a power metal kind of sound and from some googling bands that are similar, I also came up with my favourite band right now, called Blind Guardian. The thing abut Blind Guardian that might appeal to a lot of people here is tha they did an album called Nightfall in Middle Earth. No wait, THE Middle Earth. Like the one from Tolkiens books? Yes, the very same, the whole disc is based around the events of The Silmarillion and it's a really great disc. From there I went on to find tons more bands that had a similar style including stratovarius, hammerfall, kamelot, demons and wizards and satyricon to name a few. It's all really great music, especially if you're into metal, but I find it would also appeal to the non metal fan as wel because its all about swords and armour and wizards and magic and stuff, just like warcraft 3. And best of all it's metal!

Oh, and Queens of the Stone Age absolutely FTW. Amazing music rigt there.

As always i'm the indie fan of the bunch of you and I'll recommend the Stills and Interpol for good measure XD

Enjoy and do share, what kind of music do you listen to?

Level 9
Mostly :twisted: HEAVY :twisted: Metal and Rock n Roll...
And the occasional Alternative track
And even less occasionally, I listen to rap...

Anyway, I listen to: Godsmack, Rammstein, System of A Down, Metallica, Judas Priest, Tool, Van Halen, AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Billy Talent, Three Days Grace, Pearl Jam, Ozzy Ozbourne and Eminem...

Yeah. So what?
(Edit: Rammstein FTW!)

Level 5
Definately Rock, Alt, Punk, Sometimes Pop, and Metal

You can already guess my first pick for a band

Breaking Benjamin ROCKS!
I also like AC/DC, Some Zebrahead songs(Especially Lobotomy for Dummies), Halifax, Lost Prophets, A.F.I., P.O.D., Crossfade, 10 Years, Disturbed, Seether, Atreyu, Shinedown, Yellowcard, Less Than Jake, Theory of a Deadman, Alien Ant Farm, Nirvana, Foo Fighters, Thursday, Reliant K, Linkin Park, The All-American Rejects, Weezer, Taking Back Sunday, Switchfoot, Nickelback, Fall Out Boy, 38th Parallel, The Killers, Chevelle, Trapt, Kutless, Green Day, Tool, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, 30 Seconds to Mars, Audioslave, Papa Roach, Rise Against, Sum 41, The Offspring, and Treble Charger...

I Think Thats Most Of Them. :D Everyday I look for new artists.

Level 4
I listen to mostly Black Metal and . . . regular metal? I also listen to a bit of Classic Hard Rock.

Iron Maiden
Ozzy
Anthrax
Megadeth
Pantera
Black Sabbath
Slayer
Dio
Judas Priest
Acheron
Morbid Angel
Children of Bodom
Motley Crue
Twisted Sister
Immortal
Gorgoroth
Mayhem
Abyssos
Alice Cooper
Amoured Saint

I also listen to a lot of Frank Sinatra, a bit of smooth Jazz.

Frank Zappa is another favorite of mine, one of my favorite artists actually.

Lastly, I listen to a lot of Classical Music. Even though I can't name most of the composers, I enjoy it nontheless. Beethoven, Wagner, and so on.

Level 1
Metal, and lots of it.
DragonForce, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Amon Amarth, Manowar, Slayer, Rhapsody of Fire, Sonata Arctica, Carcass, Nightwish, Cannibal Corpse, Bathroy, Tormentor, Cradle of Filth, Metallica, Motorhead, Judas Priest, Dio, Enisferum, Waylander, Finntroll, In Flames, Venom, Children of Bodom, Bal-Sagoth, etc.

Does anyone else like the Power of the Horde song at the end credits of Frozen Throne?

Ramza said:
except me, every1 that commented here likes metal, techno or sounds from a game :p i rly rly Hate metal and techno. I also hate hardcore and trance. When they sing in metal songs (almost never :p) they 'grunt' right? dunno how u call it in english.. i saw it on idols xD
im sorry, but you are a very ignorant person, only true to the heart death metal has grunted vocal(which im not very fond of). most metal bands actually have sung lyrics or just agressive or distorted vocals. At least its better than the same 2 instrument beat being played for 4 minutes with some guy talking about bitches, hoes, and his bling(not that im saying all rap or hip-hop is like that, I admit there are some songs I like)

Level 5
At least its better than the same 2 instrument beat being played for 4 minutes with some guy talking about *****, hoes, and his bling(not that im saying all rap or hip-hop is like that, I admit there are some songs I like)

THANK YOU! like you there are some rap songs that I too like, but I agree ABSOLUTELY!

Level 22
At least its better than the same 2 instrument beat being played for 4 minutes with some guy talking about *****, hoes, and his bling(not that im saying all rap or hip-hop is like that, I admit there are some songs I like)

no thats only the (dunno how u call it in english) commercial rap (like 50 cent, TI) the rap that comes on tv mostly, but there is tons of rap that isnt about hoes and bling -.- (although i like most of the bling songs to :p)

Level 5
I've had just about enough of people hatin' on techno. Everyone thinks that techno is like club techno or stuff like that, which I actually really hate. The shit I like is more like inovative and crazy and BOC and Datach'i are really ambient and Aphex Twin is more like edgy creepy shit.

Level 2
Re: Lowly Noob

I listen Metal. But not LP, Metallica, HIM ect.. but TRUE metal:
power metal, death metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, gothic and hard rock.

My favorite bands are:Manowar, NW, Destruction, Dark Moor, SOAD, Lordi, Terror of Death, Bloodbath, Firewind and Runnilg Wild.

Re: Lowly Noob

Dino91 said:
I listen Metal. But not LP, Metallica, HIM ect.. but TRUE metal:
power metal, death metal, thrash metal, heavy metal, gothic and hard rock.

My favorite bands are:Manowar, NW, Destruction, Dark Moor, SOAD, Lordi, Terror of Death, Bloodbath, Firewind and Runnilg Wild.
dont mean to criticize you there but, SOAD is alternative metal and lordi is pretty much hard rock/glam metal. And metallica is thrash metal, they just sold out horribly.

but yeah Manowar FTW!

and rammstein is industrial metal, good band but its your choice to whether they are "tr00" or not.

Level 5
I can agree with the personality to music thing, kinda fits with most ppl in my skool...

At the moment, AFI, bit of Angels and Airwaves, Boards of Canada(funky instrumental), Explosions in the Sky, Mae, OK Go, Modest Mouse, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, Breaking Benjamin, assortment of metal.... Nirvana of course, eh there's alot.

Yay! :D

i like a lot of those bands 2...especially Nirvana and of course Breaking Benjamin!

Level 27
I don't really, although my friend was really mood swingy and wouldn't tell us about stuff, so if I looked in his iPod, I could usually tell if something was up..
BTW: Listen to:
Lots...
Among those lots are Weezer, Goldfinger, Mest, Gorillaz, Postal Service, Custom, Sublime, Unwritten Law... Mostly rock, can't stand rap. Heavy metal and electronic are Ok, some elec is actually pretty good...
--donut3.5--

Status
Not open for further replies.