• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Good Music

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Mecheon said:
Your tastes in music are worse than mine emo
That's what you think.

I listen to video game music. Particularly things from the good ol' 16-bit Sonic games and things from the Chrono series
You're the first, seriously.

/em hums "Epoch: Wings that Cross Time"

Level 25
Emo, if I was the first, and if they sucked, then there wouldn't be at least 2 huge internet communities of people who remix the songs to further enhance how good they are, now would there?

But please, keep listening to your mindless drivil. It won't rot your brain more than it already has

Level 10
tuna69 said:
Mecheon said:
Your tastes in music are worse than mine emo
That's what you think.

I listen to video game music. Particularly things from the good ol' 16-bit Sonic games and things from the Chrono series
You're the first, seriously.

/em hums "Epoch: Wings that Cross Time"

what in the world is wrong with video game music? oh wait... i think YOU are the first to think that people dont listen to video game music, seriously.

N00byStance said:
IMO The best video game soundtracks I've heard are:
- Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura
- Diablo II & LoD
- Baldur's Gate II Shadows of Amn (the main theme rocks)
- Neverwinter Nights (especially the battle themes)
- TES3: Morrowind
- WoW

Thank you. :)

All bad soundtracks :p

The best ones are from

-Grandia
-Megaman 1 and 3
-Final Fantasy IX
-Bubble Bobble

8)

Level 12
Game Music:

Xenosaga Episode I (amazing orchestra)
Ys Series (tons used in Wanderers of Sorceria campaign)
Halo 2 (some heavy rock tunes there = /)

Actual Soundtracks:

Within Temptation (good for a Goth band *waits for Afro's goth hatred)

Bah, haven't got a lot of actual music. =P

Level 9
stfu speedhorn you probly listen to old hill billy music and 60's music
and its not like you can do any better mecheon dont complain about the music you like speedhorn's is wurse game music is better then hill billy and 60's music
inspeciely STORM EARTH FIRE HEAD MY CALL

And from where do you know I listen to so called 60's hillbilly music?

No, I dont listen to that kind of music but neither do I listen to pop crap like Greenday. I prefer the metal genre and industrial so next time before you say what I hear find out first what I actually hear, retard :roll:

Now I stop this before it gets too far out and a moderator comes and gives us a warning, I wont post anymore in this thread.

Level 6
Favorite band(s)/ singer

Just out of interest, what is your favourite band(s) or singer

Bands: eeeer let me see, AC/DC, Guns 'n' Roses, Foo Fighters Thanks to (Ralle i remember some more :)) Deep Purple, Bloodhound Gang, Survivor, Led Zeppelin, Gorlliaz.
Singer: Bon Jovi?
Jimmy Hendrix(cant remember spelling)

Level 12
I have a lot of bands I like: Guns N Roses (lead singer is a jackass but is very good), Nightwish (good vocalist), Lunik (hot singer with talent), Hamasaki Ayumi (see above but add japanesse), Goo Goo Dolls, Ace of Base, Seven Tribe, Offspring, Bloodhound Gang, Fay Wong, Jennifer Wong, Gene Wilder (great singer and actor), and In Flames.

Favourite of all? Probably Inoue Kikuko.

Level 3
i love slayer, nightwish linkin park, kreator, rammstein, a few songs from in flames and some somes from disturbed, especially "guarded"

Level 7
I Must say Darkness is a legend :)

top 10:

1:Led Zeppellin
2:Cold Chisel
3:Metallica
4:ACDC
5:Guns n Roses
6:pink Floyd
7:Red Hot Chilli Pepas
8: Aerosmith
9: SuperTramp
10: WIERD AL YANKOVICH!!

i love Big Wierd All! Hi Fuckin larious!!

Level 21
indie rock which is a british phenomonon, mabey u havent heard of it buts its bands like razorlight, athlete, bloc party, franz ferdinand ect. wikipedia has a page about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indie_(music) but the most important line in that whole article is this one

Wikipedia said:
More recently, the word "indie" is sometimes used as a synonym for new wave revivalist bands such as Franz Ferdinand and The Killers

but also i love Electro-Rock like fischerspooner, kasabian and daft punk which are all good. some trance stuff i like too, but when you get into thinking about what genres you like its all a bit mixed because kasabian are indie electro-rockers and fischerspooner are trance-rock-electro hybrids and its all the same really. the only difference is that one has guitar and singing while the other doesnt. im a big jamiroquai fan too (if u remember i used to have a song of his in my sig back in the day) and i like the chemical brothers. so basically i like most stuff with siging, guitars and soundbytes but i dont like rap/hip hop so much...

just to make things clear, best music you can get by far is by razorlight.

Level 5
i love good music, which can be nearly everything. Every genre has good and bad music. Only one point to make, with some genres there is a lot of bad music and less good, and some genres have many good music and less bad. (rap for example more bad as good)

Level 18
Darkdraak said:
i love good music, which can be nearly everything. Every genre has good and bad music. Only one point to make, with some genres there is a lot of bad music and less good, and some genres have many good music and less bad. (rap for example more bad as good)

My sentiments exactly. I like what I like, I don't particulairly like any genre except perhaps for crossbreed choral/opera music, which can be awesome or complete crap.

Level 21
ragingspeedhorn said:
Franz Ferdinand is great, just never really seen them as indie rock but ohh well, you learn something new every day :wink:

are you kidding me! they are one of the most indie bands ever! the big big big indie bands are:
Razorlight
The Killers
Franz Ferdinand
Artic Monkeys
Athlete
Keane
and The Kaiser Cheifs

other bands that are indie but less famous are like:
The Ordinary Boys (second album sucks, first one birlliant)
The Kooks
The Futureheads
The Bravery
Snow Patrol
Bloc Party

there are alot of indie bands, anything that is like light rock music, or rock/pop is indie.

Level 8
:p look in the old music thread ^^ then you have my answer :p

[Edit]
hmmm.gif
there has been one once :? must've been erased or something..

whatever... Most Rap & Hip-Hop, Techno, Dance, Trance, but also a lot of mainstream music.

Level 3
What Music do you listen to??

Rock and Metal!!!

...and maybe a LITTLE bit of video game music...

Level 3
Music from video games? What the hell does that mean?
Unless you buy a seperate soundtrack for it, I can't imagine considering that ever being music

Anyway, two awesome bands that are close to me: Beta Band and Neutral Milk Hotel

Level 4
Music

Metal and Rock.
Not that modern crap that's going around but old school rock - AC/DC, Black Sabbath, Queen, Pink Ffloyd.

Metal - SO far i have the following but am expecting more to come.
Opeth (They are gods)
Omnium Gathering (Gods as well)
Arch Enemy (Actually they're pretty much all gods)
Ram Zet
The Old Dead Tree (Ok not so much gods, but still pretty good)

Status
Not open for further replies.