• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] Firefight The Goblin Wars Stragety/Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Devi7king Presents

Firefight The Goblin Wars
Created by Devi7king

Map Info:
The Great Goblin Wars: A few thousand years have passed since the discovery of pandaria. Constant global warfare has seen the demise of all races except for the Goblins and their Human slaves. As the leader of greatest sentient race that ever lived and Azeroths first global empire. You must now concentrate on maintaining that empire and crushing any who dare challenge your power.

Firefight The Goblin Wars is a slow and fast paced squad based combat game that combines large scale infantry movements, small squad micromanagement, also time and resource management.

WARNING: Units move surprisingly slow, but the map is extremely small so its balanced correctly.

Features:

Game Mode: Search and Destroy. Seek out the enemy HQ and destroy it to win.

-No Maximum Unit Count
-Kill Enemies and Mine for Gold.

Tips:

-Type -fixcam as an exact match to fix the camera.
-All units automatically attack move to building units rally point.
-Try focusing small groups of units on single targets.
-Mix and Match being too heavy in one unit type can be disasterous.
-Nothing Has 100% evade chance

Screenshots:
Gameplay Screenshots

208535-albums6750-picture73867.jpg

208535-albums6750-picture73868.jpg

208535-albums6750-picture73869.jpg

208535-albums6750-picture74011.jpg

Campaign Info:

Mission One: Normal, 5 Usable Squad Types

Mission Two: Medium, 7 Usable Squad Types

Change Log:

-Improved Computer AI
-Medics now have assault infantry range
9/14/2013

Credits:

Models By: Will The Almighty, Ikillforyou, MrHoon, Yak, Minimage, Frankster, Unclefester, Mechaniclman, Kofi_Banan

Music From JoshuaHardin.com

Attachments

• Fire Fight Mission One.w3x
    2.9 MB · Views: 117
  • Fire Fight Mission Two.w3x
    2 MB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Level 6
Review of your map

I have tested your map and here's my opinion:

Good things: :goblin_good_job:
Original concept

Map has potential

Things that could use change: :goblin_yeah:
More unit types (Advanced infantry, Mortar teams, tanks, aircraft, nukes, etc.)

Evasion system makes the map more luck-based, and taking a base on high ground is nearly impossible (70% evasion + 25% high-ground miss chance.)

You can kill units that try to reach the high ground before they even reach it, and you can simply put down landmines to kill any off that do.

Units are terribly slow, it took me very long to finish the mission because of this.

Things that need change: :goblin_cry:
The terrain needs improvement (the same grass bush everywhere, put them in different locations and add different kinds of grass, like the ones listed here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...dden-resources-we-screenshots-116845/#Doodads

My suggestion:
The game is single-player. If you want it multiplayer, make the ability to do so. c: If you want to make it a single-player campaign (which i think you do), add a hero (besides or instead of a commander), make more missions, and make a storyline (which i can also help you with)

Good luck with your map!
:goblin_boom:

Level 3
the evasion isnt 25% on high ground maximum evasion is 95% and its not impossible its nearly method. You will find it is much easier when you select 12 units and focus one enemy at a time. :D The map is beatable in 7 minutes, speed run. I would tell you how but you have to figure that out.

Sorry about the bushes I found the game way too easy when you focus small groups on single targets and to compensate I tried to add enough brush to make it harder to spot enemies kind of like a vietnamish feel.

Last edited:
Level 6
I have also tested your second map. It is pretty straightforward just like the first one, and the new units work fine.

The terrain, just like in the first map, needs improvement.

I have found one bug/problem in the second map:
1 The hostile headquarters in the south east part of the map isn't in the same location as your headquarters in that area if you kill the hostile one.

Status
Not open for further replies.