• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Goblin Battlefront] (10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOBLIN BATTLEFRONT

attachment.php

Goblin Battlefront is what you'd get if you packed every single team shooter ever made in a blender, turned it into goo, added some nuclear salsa sauce and poured it all over Warcraft 3's craptastic graphics engine.

Story/Background

The goblin were only a small race, but they evolved much faster than any other society.
They discovered fire only after 100 years of existence, and already used it for war. Then they quickly discovered ballistics and metallic weapons.
But the true breakthrough came only 5 years later... Gunpowder.
Goblins quickly learned how to use it (to mostly explosive ends), and since then, the little green men have made light-speed advances in technology. Steam tanks, electricity, robots... the small creatures made discoveries in days.

5 days after the invention of sheep harvesting machines, the goblins discovered the nuclear bomb. In the minutes that followed, hundreds of missiles were made and launched at various goblin tribes and Azeroth became a twisted ball of radioactive rock.

Gameplay
Each player controls a single unit, just like in Battlefield games. The units are not heroes, and do not level up. Each has a set of special abilities that give it strategic advantages over other units and vehicles.
For example, the soldier can provide cover fire while the engineer plants a demolition charge right in the middle of a group of enemies. Or the rocketeer can disable a group of enemies so the soldier can conveniently throw a grenade right at them.

The game will be very item-heavy. Upgrades and weapons will give important strategic advantages, but all the items will be equally powerful. Of course, you can only use one upgrade of a ceratin type at a time.

Each goblin class will have it's own set of shops. There will be three different level shops that provide upgrades to your weapon, your ammo, or your armor. Tier 1 shops will handle basic special ammunition, basic implants and armor, while Tier 2 and 3 will handle better and much fancier upgrades with some recipes for better armor (and lots of other stuff).

BEFORE YOU ASK:
NO, there is not a fancy shmancy collision system or whatever you want to call it. I don't feel like learning JASS or spending days building a physics engine, and I don't particularly feel it's important for gameplay, either.

Goblin Classes
Soldier
-150 HP
-Weapon: Assault rifle. Good vs. Infantry and Weak vs. Armored
-Abilities: Cover Fire, Hand Grenade, Stimulant Frenzy

Rocketeer
-100 HP
-Weapon: Rocket launcher. Good vs. Armored and Weak vs. Infantry
-Abilities: Flashbang Rocket, Smoke Grenade

Engineer
-100 HP
-Weapon: Carbine. Slower, heavier rounds.
-Abilities: Plant Explosive, Detonate Explosives, Repair, Attack Drones

Scout
-100 HP
-Weapon: Sniper Rifle. Long range, heavy weaponry. Good for blowing heads off.
-Abilities: Head Shot, Hide (Invisible at night), Focus (slow movement, but high attack rate).

Medic
-100 HP
-Weapon: Acid Gun. Large splash poisoning, but very weak.
-Abilities: Healing Juice, Health Gas Dispenser, Sterilize (Purges buffs), Stimulant Overdose (Boosts and allied goblin)

Pyro (only available after a certain amount of kills)
-125 HP
-Weapon: FLamethrower. Burns enemies.
-Abilities: Inflame (Passive), Napalm Grenade, Hydrogen Boost

Spy (only available after a certain amount of kills)
-80 HP
-Weapon: Knife. Close range, heavy damage.
-Abilities: Stealth (+Backstab), Sap Ressources, Sabotage, Spy Drone

Models: 75% (I need a tank, some buildings and a turret)
Terrain: 100% (Needs some reworking, at best)
Effects: 85%
Icons: 25% (I need to make a lot of them...)
Triggers: 0% (*sigh*)
Units/abilities: 65%

Models
WILLTHEALMIGHTY
Callahan (drones)
MC! (Spy and goblincopter)

Effects, Terrain, Triggers, Icons and everything else...
WILLTHEALMIGHTY (Duh)

Stay tuned! Screenshots should be coming soon, not to mention I'll try to upload some videos as well (though I might need help with that)!

Also, I'm in need of modellers that are competent in animating as well (or at least able to geomerge) to make a goblin tripod, and a tank. I might also need some buildings but I can handle that pretty well.

Last edited:
Level 11
I like, goblin marines, so kick ass.
But don't dis warcraft's "craptastic" engine, it's shitastic... duh.
I call sniper!
So who is their enemies? Gnomes, because they are more technologically advanced in an game/rp i've seen before, unless they were already nuked lol.

The teams are two different goblin clans. I'm not remaking gnome soldiers. :)

Most of my models are in it, like some new (very smexy) explosions I haven't showed anyone yet, and all the goblin classes.

I'm only using a few downloaded models, which I've modified slightly so they fit more with the map... I didn't really modify the model, just the particles. The models used regular Blizzard Effects anyway, so I didn't modify anyone's own work, really.

I'm using the goblin spy from MC!, the attack drone from Callahan and the Goblin Copter from MC!.
The rest is made by me.

Level 4
I was drinking some water right as i opened this thread, and before i swallowed it i started reading the first sentence. I ended up spitting the water all over laughing

"Goblin Battlefront is what you'd get if you packed every single team shooter ever made in a blender, turned it into goo, added some nuclear salsa sauce and poured it all over Warcraft 3's craptastic graphics engine."

Anyway, good luck with this

Level 8
=]
Just great,
This is probably going to turn out being a great map,
with your effects and everything, =]
I'm really looking forward to it, and I won't be able to wait for it, =]
But I'll force myself to hold my excitement,
I'll be watching secretly from the sidelines as you continue to make it. =D
Have fun creating this awesome map. =D
-Calvin

Level 8
Hmm...
Screen shots would be greatly appreciated. =]
Lmao, xD Hiring Beta testers? I'm sure there would be lines of volunteers accepting no pay for this game. xD
I'd like to personally be one of them, as I like the acspect of finding the littlest of bugs, [Especially Text errors].
Anyways, I've been supporting this, [secretly from the sidelines] and I can't wait for it to be done.
Keep working on it.
-Calvin

Status
Not open for further replies.