• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ascension of the Goblins (AotG)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
This is a project I started last year, and still on the drawing board and testmaps, and a part of my major project, "08-08-08".

In fact, I created this project even before I saw or ever known Rizzboomer's and WILL_THE_ALMIGHTY's goblin race projects. That's ok anyways since my ideas for AotG goblins are original..

The storyline comes after the Wc3 storyline where Arthas sits on that ice throne, for god's sake, he needs a tough adversary, and Warcraft needs a new major civilization, or 'race'!! That adversary is the Goblins.

AoTG Goblins are goblins who excel in resource mining, sheep processing, and magic. AotG differs from the 2 other '5th race goblin projects' above, because AotG allows Goblins to fuse both technology and magic and melee combat together, and excel more on mining resources and advanced goblin weapons, like airstrikes and an elemental burst, an explosion similar to a nuke attack, but it doesn't contain radiation, it contains the elements of magic, or one of them, depending on what type of payload the player chooses in a Temple of Boom. Goblins discovered the potential of melee combat and used and created their own kind of melee combat and a martial discipline, goblin-style. In other words, Goblins are no longer a neutral race and now a major race.

Storyline:
Not yet finished, but here's the summary...with alterations in the Wc3 storyline

After the undead dominated Icecrown, goblins made their debut as a global civilization in Azeroth. The Goblins made huge leaps into technology, and even Medivh, the Last Guardian, was startled by what he saw. Humans at that time had catapults, cannonballs and ballistas. Goblins had bullets, rockets and sheepguns. This determination to seize the world stage was concieved when Thrall heard of suspicious movement in the deserts far from Durotar. Goblins now made a move to improve their lives and civilization not by martial discipline, but by determination and passion to become a major civilization like the Elves and Orcs. That's all folks, to be continued...

AotG Techtree (just a draft prior to the birth of this project):

- 3 Heroes
- A Townhall upgradeable up to 3 times.
- A Barracks-type building
- 3 casters
- Melee Units
- Ranged Units
- Siege Units
- Rocket Silos
- Sheep Processors (a source of food and cadavers)
- Player-built shops
- Tanks
- Air Units and Aircraft
- Harvesters
- Research Buildings
- etc.

Since there are more buildable structures, I'll have to separate them into 2 groups, the Basic and Advanced structures. This is made possible only by spellbooks and an advanced 'requirement' system.

I'll not show info about certain units yet for now, all I need is feedback from the fellow THW members..

Status
Not open for further replies.