• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Feedback / General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hmmm... You wanted Scorch to be sorta impatient, so how about these pissed sounds for her:

"After all these years studying the amulet, maybe i should've set some time aside for a "haste" spell"

or

"Says here you can make a donkey move faster by putting a carrot in front of it, or a whip behind it.... I wonder if using fire works the same way. Hey, Pyritie, come over here for a second, I want to test something!"

Hmm, those would work quite well. I'll add them to my list of sounds to record.

Mainly I need a few better ones for Pyritie, as well as some for Lirch. And for Lirch, I need other sounds too, like YesAttack and What and stuff.

Also, I've posted a hosting request in the Admin Contact forum. I hope this gets approved!

Level 25
If the units had funny Pissed sounds, and I mean actually funny pissed sounds like in TheGreatNoob's campaign (Forgot the name of it) then that'll be a +2 rating points... a 10 in other words. ;)
What can I say? I love good humor.
~Craka_J

Drakes? Never heard of it.

Although that wouldn't work because of the confusion between dragons and drakes... people might get the wrong idea.

I don't like "gold". People never used gold (like a gold nugget or something) as a form of currency, but they used gold coins.

Geh, I'll address that later.

It's been one week so far since I made the hosting request... still waiting...

Level 2
Kaitech[SanD];345972 said:
What about Sig, Hal, Fen and Nir? Just suggestions. :)
lol sig hal sounds totally german when put together. Ummm yeah following where this thread is going, i thought this article on wikipedia may be of interest.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fictional_currency

Basically it has a list of fictional currency from books to games. Maybe you could use one you like, or maybe you could alter it to be more personal.

peace yo!

Level 17
I suppose instead of Dinar you could have something more dragonish like Drats, Scales, Dragar (Prounounced Da-Ray-Gar), Fera (Fee-Ra), Oros, Dracons (Drak-Ons not Drayk), Chen (Sounds Chinese, but hey, they are worshippers of dragons), Balaur (Based on the roman name for dragons), I found a picture of a few cool looking dragon swords you could request around for as like ultimate attachments sort of thing. I'm eager to help mind you.

Also I could help you with a bit of voice acting say if you have younger dragons etc, although I apologise, my voice tone keeps changing and going croaky, my voice is finally breaking!

A site you may be interested in! http://www.medievalrealm.net/DragonWallpaper.html

Last edited:
Level 17
As you said earlier in the topic "The dragons can have human qualities" I shall PM you the sword pictures, they are sweet!

Yeah scales was a stupid 5 scond suggestion, until I got myself really... involved. Then went on Wikipedia, took a look at a few names thaught "Oh, they sound really good!" then gathered them here, then pop!

If you sent me a template of the crystal you want making teal I could get a bit off of HT's back!

Level 17
Ok, no swords. I'll just go and request them anyway, could use more attachments, and I might end up using them in any future mapping.

I realised a flaw with Chen, I just remembered "Chen Stormstout" the Pandaren Brewmaster. I got the name from a Chinese Painter who pianted a picture of a really nice dragon.

Oros was half of the name of a chinese dragon. I can't remember what he represented but he definately liked trying to swallow his tail.
Dracons... That just sounds too much like a race of dragons, a bit like standard Dragons.
Dragar, another name of a dragon, I think he is the water dragon...
Drats was another stupid 5 second idea. Obviously based on Dratini...

Just PM me if you want more suggestions, I am on holiday from end of Sunday to late Friday though so I will be in Kent throughout that time, I may be able to get internet access at the Chalet we will be staying at for the week, I don't really know... I have a week off of school when I come back from Kent so I will be ready to help at any time!

Status
Not open for further replies.