• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Feedback / General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Yaaay! I'll have one please!

EDIT: Time to point out bugs:

BUG1: The camera starts off in the wrong position after Pyritie(you) gets the chores.

BUG2: The FoV (Or w/e its called) of the camera during the wood hunt is not permanent, so if you use the mouse wheel, there's no way to move it back to being straight upwards

BUG3: THe game Freezes after Pyritie and Lirch go in the cave.

Uhh1: I really think Drappeldorch and Burnie are too gullible for parents when they let Pyritie and Lirch go in.

EDIT2: Hmmm

Bug4: I get SLAMMED by the train in the second campaign, but I just phase right through it. I ARE THE GHOST.

Bug5: The third and fourth bridges don't have the electricity running from generator to generator.

Uhh2: Shouldn't you tell the user that there's arrow key movement?

Uhh3: Random Black House in DragonLiterMorticae at the plaza/square right at the entrance of the city.

Uhh4: Coalch's voice is waaay to quiet compared to everyone else's. I didn't think he was saying anything at first. Also, his last two lines don't have voices :(.

Bug6: There's a model error... try going on the wall, where you find the uncut ruby. Look everyone! I'm actually flying for once(The wall doesn't show because of model issues when you try to turn the screen a little).

Bug7: Firch... in your one line on the second map... there's no more village :p

EDIT3: 3rd edit, 3rd map. Convenient, no?

Uhh5: "Mana Tide: Burns up to -100 mana..." Wouldn't it be easier to say that it regenerates 100 mana or something?

Bug8: There's no more silver key in the Dimension of Air, thus you can't get past the gate.

Last edited:
BUG1: The camera starts off in the wrong position after Pyritie(you) gets the chores.
Already fixed.

BUG2: The FoV (Or w/e its called) of the camera during the wood hunt is not permanent, so if you use the mouse wheel, there's no way to move it back to being straight upwards
Good point, I shall add that now.
BUG3: THe game Freezes after Pyritie and Lirch go in the cave.
Already fixed.

Uhh1: I really think Drappeldorch and Burnie are too gullible for parents when they let Pyritie and Lirch go in.
They don't know where they're going though >.=.>

Bug4: I get SLAMMED by the train in the second campaign, but I just phase right through it. I ARE THE GHOST.
You'll be going on the train in a cinematic, I just haven't added the cinematic yet.

Bug5: The third and fourth bridges don't have the electricity running from generator to generator.
That's because if you add lightning while it's in blackness, the lightning doesn't show. Again, the lightning will start during a cinematic, during which all of the terrain is visible anyway.

Uhh2: Shouldn't you tell the user that there's arrow key movement?
Good point. I will add that.

Uhh3: Random Black House in DragonLiterMorticae at the plaza/square right at the entrance of the city.
Did you go right up to it? It could just be one of the LoS blockers which I forgot to change back into regular ground pathing ones...

Uhh4: Coalch's voice is waaay to quiet compared to everyone else's. I didn't think he was saying anything at first. Also, his last two lines don't have voices :(.
I know he's quiet. I haven't upped the volume yet. The last two lines are new, which is why there's no voices.

Bug6: There's a model error... try going on the wall, where you find the uncut ruby. Look everyone! I'm actually flying for once(The wall doesn't show because of model issues when you try to turn the screen a little).
I know. I will fix the model soon.

Bug7: Firch... in your one line on the second map... there's no more village :p
Again, I haven't updated that part of the script yet.

Uhh5: "Mana Tide: Burns up to -100 mana..." Wouldn't it be easier to say that it regenerates 100 mana or something?
Whoops, forgot to fix that...

Bug8: There's no more silver key in the Dimension of Air, thus you can't get past the gate.
It drops from one of the ice elementals on the first mountain. Did you miss it?
Or maybe the items got mismatched again... >.=.>

Level 25
Still no screenshots? Isn't it a rule to advertise your project, map, mod or whatever it is with atleast one screenshot? I may be wrong...
But hey, I wanna see some screenshots! Need something to help me look forward to this besides a description. :p
~Craka_J

Omfg teaser shot xD

Attachments

• The Discovery Teaser.jpg
    The Discovery Teaser.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 184
I sent the skin in the pastebin, check your PM's.

BTW, maybe you should ask for a mroe professional animator, considering this model will be used for almost every single dragon in the game.

EDIT: You're going to have to redo those icons... Do you want me to do those? Or do you want to do them yourself? Last I checked you almost won the Phoenix trial.

Level 8
Alright, I just DLed the updated version, and I've come across more bugs:

2nd map:

If you get to the mine and mine the gems BEFORE talking to the black dragon, BOTH cinematics that you can get for talking to him will fire off SIMULTANEOUSLY, leading to you nowhere. THe train won't go, etc. etc. leaving the player with an unfinishable map.

3rd map:

Picking up the piece of the Elemental Artifact (2a) will give Pyritie the ability, BUT the tooltip remains unchanged.

If you battle your way through the third mountain rather than ashploding it, the game screws up. Scorch becomes allied-controlled and if you try to use the dynamyte ability, the game ends because there IS no dynamyte left.

I'm not sure how the teleporter puzzle works:

K|K|?
K|K|?
K|?|?

To avoid spoilers, I've erased the number onto which you have to teleport through.

In any case, after hitting the 5th button, there doesn't seem to be a 6th. You CAN, however, teleport directly onto the next island (The range for the teleporter is pretty high, so just teleport to the first block you're SUPPOSED to go on, then as far inland as possible).

Also: Its possible to fly onto the blocks as opposed to just teleporting to each one, but I have a feeling this was intentional.

Last edited:
If you get to the mine and mine the gems BEFORE talking to the black dragon, BOTH cinematics that you can get for talking to him will fire off SIMULTANEOUSLY, leading to you nowhere. THe train won't go, etc. etc. leaving the player with an unfinishable map.
Hmmm... maybe I'll just hide the pickaxe until the first cinematic goes, then unhide it.
EDIT: Fixed!

Picking up the piece of the Elemental Artifact (2a) will give Pyritie the ability, BUT the tooltip remains unchanged.
The tooltip on what? The artifact spell book ability? Or one of the spells in the spell book...?

If you battle your way through the third mountain rather than ashploding it, the game screws up. Scorch becomes allied-controlled and if you try to use the dynamyte ability, the game ends because there IS no dynamyte left.
Okay, let me clarify. The dynamite system thing is having a lot of problems working. You're supposed to go onto that mountain with the Pyritie Ball, as then you won't auto-attack the towers. But what you're supposed to do is take the dynamite, lay the fuse, walk away a bit, stop laying the fuse, and then get Scorch to burn the fuse. She's allied so you can't control her. You're only supposed to need one thing of fuse per cluster of towers, so you shouldn't really run out unless you're overusing it.

I'm not sure how the teleporter puzzle works:

K|K|?
K|K|?
K|?|?

To avoid spoilers, I've erased the number onto which you have to teleport through.

In any case, after hitting the 5th button, there doesn't seem to be a 6th. You CAN, however, teleport directly onto the next island (The range for the teleporter is pretty high, so just teleport to the first block you're SUPPOSED to go on, then as far inland as possible).
You can use a block more than once, you know. :wink:

I set the range to 999999 and turned off the trigger which prevents you from cheating so I don't have to do it every time I test it.

Also: Its possible to fly onto the blocks as opposed to just teleporting to each one, but I have a feeling this was intentional.
You mean swim through the water? No, that was not intentional. I just forgot to fix it.

EDIT: Fixed!

Last edited:
The spell book that Pyritie has on his ability card
Huh. I'll check the tooltips tomorrow and fix them accordingly.

Yes, but you can go onto ANY used block and it'll just say "Right"
I have contacted the maker of this puzzle (no, it was not mine) and as far as I can tell, he's dead. :bored:

The old version was decent (though the voices could be more lively), but I was impressed when I've tested the test version. Never seen a great map when you control a character in a house in Paper Mario style and complete mini-games.

And I like how you use my Thwomp model, though I haven't come to the later part of the campaign yet.

Keep on working, it looks promising.

Oh, and if you make the female dragon models, they should have some feminine look.

Oh, and if you make the female dragon models, they should have some feminine look.

How? It's not easy making a reptile look like it's one gender or the other. I was thinking of mainly doing stuff like smoothing the head /making the face more curved instead of angular, as well as doing stuff like giving her bigger hips and a thinner waist (even though real lizards aren't like that).

What do you think?

How? It's not easy making a reptile look like it's one gender or the other. I was thinking of mainly doing stuff like smoothing the head /making the face more curved instead of angular, as well as doing stuff like giving her bigger hips and a thinner waist (even though real lizards aren't like that).

What do you think?

Yeah, that would be good.

Level 1
Comment on your map :

I like that special and original concept. In the sounds we can sometimes hear the "click" of your mouse which looks too much near your microphone. I don't know if I'm really stuck, but I just got the 3rd hero and I left the town and then I can't go in anymore and nothing's changed outside.....

6/10, and btw corridoring (first map) is boring at the beginning...

Good luck with your map, your concept has a great potential !

Level 20
I tried it out yesterday. Here are some comments:

-It was unique, I haven't played an adventure game in Warcraft III before.
-I liked the voices (WHAT DO YOU MEAN 'MY MICROPHONE SUCKS' I THINK IT'S FINE!) rofl!
-The heroes sometimes bugged. Mah green friend didn't always follow me.
-The camera view is annoying at times (especially in Dragonlitermorticae or whatever).
-Backpacks would be nice for additionnal storage, and would sort of fit the adventure theme.

Overall good map. Gratz!

-The heroes sometimes bugged. Mah green friend didn't always follow me.
Like when? He's supposed to follow you every .1 seconds when you're holding down the up button, so where/when did he stop following?
-The camera view is annoying at times (especially in Dragonlitermorticae or whatever).
It can be a little annoying, I agree, but it makes you feel more "into it" if you're down in the city instead of looking down. It just fits better. But any more specifications (raise/lower the camera, change angle or distance, etc)
-Backpacks would be nice for additionnal storage, and would sort of fit the adventure theme.
HappyTauren was going to make me an inventory system (as well as a skin for a model) but then he all of a sudden decided to retire. At least he could've finished it...

Thanks for playing!

The camera is only changed in the mine because it's a ditch, so the camera would go through rocks/through the ground. And it's easier to click on rocks that way.

Hmm, I'd change the camera angle, but I really don't see why it's that bothersome. If more people complain about it, I'll change it, but for now I'll just leave it as is.

Level 1
You could think about asking someone that have another english's to say in .wav/mp3 the cinematic's text so you would have easily 2 (or even more) version of the map (like a British one and a US one).

I do think that voices were fine in your map though.

Custom sounds would be great but they have to be good.HT's ideas are good.How about these??

''Click on me once more and then fire will burn your sorry ass'' (PISSED 1)
''Dragon's fire burns my soul'' (NORMAL)
''I don't need any more clicks.I will come to your dreams tonight and burn your hair''(PISSED 2)

Lol,they are not too good but anyway if u liked them??

Pissed sound 1: "I am a dragon, not a fucking clicking machine!"
Pissed sound 2: "Click me once again, and I will kill you! No wait, im a good dragon, and good dragons dont kill people! Duh"
''Click on me once more and then fire will burn your sorry ass'' (PISSED 1)

Those ones are actually okay, the rest seem a bit silly.

Of course, if you've played the campaign and/or know a bit of the storyline, you could do some related to that, such as Scorch being annoyed and impatient with Pyritie, or Lirch being just plain silly...

Status
Not open for further replies.