• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Feedback / General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
In a map of his campaign... thats alot asking from Pyritie, seeing as how he's already got the plot all made up. *COUGH COUGH* RIGHT Pyritie? PLANNED things?

In another campaign altogether... thats a long way off. And SC2 is coming out. So yeah.

Level 8
Yeah, it would be weird if everyone spoke with a British accent, and this one random person from the same region (As far as the story is concerned) had something like Chinese. Although if, say, they went over to the other side of the world, then a different accent should be acceptable. Of course, provided that you already have the storyline all thought out, then you wouldn't want to incorporate (yet another) character.

Congratulations on getting your project hosted, Pyritie!

If you wish to have a front page announcement once everything is made public then please either make a thread in the sub-forum of admin contact called Announcement Forum or contact one of our administrators with a well written, informative and well setted up post about the project requesting for a front page announcement.

Hi, i am Flame_Phoenix a map maker. I've been seeing some THW projects and this one seems interesting. I am also a big fun of campaigns. Isn't this the "Spider's capaign" modified ??? The second part of the triology is the "return of the dragon" and it may be very similar to what you are doing.

Anyway, I have knowledge about GUI, JASS/JESP, icon making and modifying models. I also, can make loading /mini-map screens, but not as good as the devian art ones.

I've come here to offer you my aid. Please PM me if you are interested in it.
I really think i can help you as long as you give me credits.

It would be great to join your group.

I also suggest the creation of more sub-forum groups like "against the darkness" has.

Hey, i just want to let you know, that i didn't find any spell suggestion in the 3 and 4 pages ....
Besides you are the creator, you should know what your characters need.

Also, when evaluating level 1, the "guitar" music is too much repetitive ... I suggest the use of a different music in the eating game, or in some other area.

Here i think this music may be able to help. It is from Pirates of the Caribean and i think t fits on the context.

Attachments

• Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Mans chest - Two hornpipes (Tortuga).mp3
    2.3 MB · Views: 116
Well then it must be in page 2 or 5 then. I dunno. I have it set to display 30 posts per page instead of the default.

It's banjo music. It's a loop I got from garageband (mac software at school). I think it fits the scene quite well. It's only like a minute long so it has a small file size.

I'll take a look at that song. I have a bunch of Pirates of the Caribbean music (buying the cd ftw), but I don't have that one.

Last edited:
Level 7
I've just done then first two missions for the campaign and here is my feedback. (yes it took me a long time but I was busy with schoolwork and paired mapping contest and had to download weu and winrar :/ lol)

-I found the map was really professionally done and the models and everything made it a great experiment. and I love the music :).

-Mission 1 feedback: PANCAKES! lol. Nothnig bad about mission one. pretty fun overall. I found the camera could've been made better for inside the house I remember there being an intermediate camera somewhere that could've just been replaced by another one that was already there).
I wanted to pick up the lego! lol

-Mission 2 feedback: K, I found the camera was probably my biggest worry on this map. I kept getting screened by trees though I don't think theres much fix to that. I think the camera should be zoomed out a bit because you can't really see very much. I didn't get lost but its just my feed.
I liked mining and felt like breaking every rock. I didnt like how the ticket seller took just any one of my rocks. Id like it if the game let you choose which one you want to give. The ticket seller's voice also wasn't loud enough, I find.
Final feedback for mission 2, the lady dragon that you buy the food for should be able to recognise wetehr you have more food than she asks for (ie, you have 3 bananas for example). I had to cast a spell and eat the banana. And finally, I never figured out how to open my backpack so i'd like you to tell me how lol.

Well done map, and fun. Im excited to do the next 2 missions. I hope this was of use to you.

There already is a feedback/suggestions thread.

Post moved.

Id like it if the game let you choose which one you want to give.
Not a bad idea, but it could be a bit of a pain to implement something like that.
The ticket seller's voice also wasn't loud enough, I find.
I need to fix that. >.=.>
Final feedback for mission 2, the lady dragon that you buy the food for should be able to recognize whether you have more food than she asks for (ie, you have 3 bananas for example). I had to cast a spell and eat the banana.
Orly? I thought I had that part working fine. Good thing you played around with that part. Guess I need to fix it up a bit more...
And finally, I never figured out how to open my backpack so i'd like you to tell me how lol.
Not yet implemented.

Level 34
No bug thread? Or is this it?

When I was playing the piano right at the start of the game, the game froze. I've never had wc3 freeze. I can't even think of a time when my computer has frozen (I think it did last summer or before). I would guess it's the game.

It happened after the lesson you get. I was just hitting the keys trying to play around.

No bug thread? Or is this it?

When I was playing the piano right at the start of the game, the game froze. I've never had wc3 freeze. I can't even think of a time when my computer has frozen (I think it did last summer or before). I would guess it's the game.

It happened after the lesson you get. I was just hitting the keys trying to play around.

Did you play the latest version I released to the public yesterday?

And yeah, there is a bug thread. It's a sticky.

Level 34
I just say it... I'm an idiot.

I didn't I played the one you had in closed beta. Is there a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.