• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Feedback / General Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hmm. Well, to me, the map is ALMOST perfect in every way except for the voice acting.. LoL..

I mean, not to mean anything harsh, but honestly the voice actors sound kinda stale. D':

... Yeah.. That's basically the negative for the whole campaign in my perspective. :B

Level 2
Like for the father and Lirch.

... It sounds too stale. It feels like the voice actor is talking without expression. And when there are phrases like "Yay!" or "YOU!" they just go "yaaaay...." and "you.".

D':

Level 15
Awesome! well, after Pyritie (i finnaly learned how to spell it :D) owned the elementals whit the meteors, in V 1.3.2 (or was it 1.2.3?) Lirch says WOW you totally owned thoose elementals (or something like) But his voice is saying: Good, you killed the elementals, now we can go home (or so).
Anyways, nice scenario, loved the "questes" specialy the Piano :D
Im looking forward for the next versions and worlds :D

well, after Pyritie (i finnaly learned how to spell it :D) owned the elementals whit the meteors, in V 1.3.2 (or was it 1.2.3?) Lirch says WOW you totally owned thoose elementals (or something like) But his voice is saying: Good, you killed the elementals, now we can go home (or so).

Yeah, I forgot to ask the guy who does the voice acting for Lirch to do that line. I forgot I had changed it. Oh well.

Level 32
Overall, an outstanding campaign and project, Pyritie.

I don't have a recent version (I was however, rather impressed by the demo you you posted when you applied for hosting). I'll try to grab the latest released and take another look. Keep up the good work.

[off-topic]
Kai, stop spamming.
Remember Py: this is your forum. Deal with (edit/delete) any spam as you see fit.

Overall, an outstanding campaign and project, Pyritie.

I don't have a recent version (I was however, rather impressed by the demo you you posted when you applied for hosting). I'll try to grab the latest released and take another look. Keep up the good work.
Thanks!

I was thinking of uploading a newer tester's version soon anyway for my slaves helpers to test. (Link is in the private forum)

[off-topic]Remember Py: this is your forum. Deal with (edit/delete) any spam as you see fit.

I can't neg-rep :C

Level 34
I'm sure you know about it, but some of the cut scene lines do not match. The person says one thing, and the subtitles say another. Happened with the pancakes, and after he defeats the elementals.

No other bugs really. More instruction on how to set the camera would be nice. In the second map. It took me a while to get it right. I found the default a little annoying. I suggest you make it so the camera is a little more like the normal wc3 camera. Make the trees taller or something.

I'm sure you know about it, but some of the cut scene lines do not match. The person says one thing, and the subtitles say another. Happened with the pancakes, and after he defeats the elementals.
Yes I am aware of that. I forgot to send those lines to the guy who does the voice acting for Lirch. He did them now; I just need to add them.

More instruction on how to set the camera would be nice. In the second map. It took me a while to get it right. I found the default a little annoying. I suggest you make it so the camera is a little more like the normal wc3 camera. Make the trees taller or something.
Like add more stuff in the quest info? Or what?
If I make the trees smaller then it will look bad and the branches would be lower so it'd be harder to see.

Level 34
Well for the camera, I didn't know how it scales. I tried -angle 400 and it went crazy. I had to figure out that you have to use smaller numbers. Maybe if you gave some examples? I don't know. It's not bad though.

I said taller not smaller. I just found the arrow keys can be fun for a change, but it lags, and the camera goes crazy because you are so close.

Level 8
Not sure if this is a bug, but the most noticeable thing is that none of Pyritie's lines in map 2 on the latest version have voice acting yet.

Well for the camera, I didn't know how it scales. I tried -angle 400 and it went crazy. I had to figure out that you have to use smaller numbers. Maybe if you gave some examples? I don't know. It's not bad though.
Well the number is an angle in degrees, so 400 is the same as 40. (400 - 360 = 40) Mainly it's just best to use it for 310 or 290; as in small amounts.

Not sure if this is a bug, but the most noticeable thing is that none of Pyritie's lines in map 2 on the latest version have voice acting yet.
Nah, that's not a bug. I haven't gotten my brother to record them yet.

Level 1
Kaitech[SanD];508032 said:
Yeah, but even then it's only the ) that makes any difference.

Anyway, havn't had chance to DL yet, my internet's still on the fritz.

was referring to the full stop ")." that was included in the link as well :p

Level 4
Feedback from the campaign

Well it started up very nicely (dragons sleep in bed lol :)). And is generally really nice looking campaighn. However few things bothered me.

- Movement with arrow keys is pain in the ass in forrest + sometimes the dragon just starts to spin around when it cant go forward.
- Tried several times to go wrong dirrection but no warning to it, you just cant go there until later (very anoying).
- Things were a bit hard to find, so i just used distance 5000 and found places and things that way.

But there were also good things.

+ Yber cool models
+ good voice acting
+ Good terrain

So i hope you can make it even better. Anyway keep up the good work. I will play later chapters too :).

We have a feedback thread you know.

~ Thread merged.

- Movement with arrow keys is pain in the ass in forrest + sometimes the dragon just starts to spin around when it cant go forward.
You can use the mouse and right-click to move if you're that desperate.
- Things were a bit hard to find, so i just used distance 5000 and found places and things that way.
Hmm... you should not be able to do that. I need to add a cap on the maximum distance you can zoom out so you don't cheat.

So i hope you can make it even better. Anyway keep up the good work. I will play later chapters too :).
Thanks for the feedback!

Level 3
Review -- SPOILER WARNING

WARNING: THERE ARE MANY SPOILERS BELOW.
IN FACT, IT'S ALL THE SPOILERS.
IF YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED THE CAMPAIGN BEFORE READING THIS THEN I SUGGEST YOU GO DO SO.
IT'S WORTH IT.

CLICK HERE FOR THE MAP DOWNLOAD.

Chapter 1: The Beginning
Minor Issues:
Camera:
The camera positions tend to always be looking straight across the room. This makes it hard to really see any thing or any place we need to go to. This is especially true when you're trying to locate the piano area.

Possible fix:

• [*]Set roof tiles to 0% alpha when the camera height is higher than them. This should make it so you can have the camera looking down into the room slightly. Makes clicking areas easier since there is mathematically more points to click on inside the room. Less time getting stuck going backwards or through doors because you clicked 'outside' the house. (through the walls)
Minimap:
I was having minor problems with the way the minimap looked in-game. The two floors could have been done better by having an exact duplicate terrain for the second floor as was the first.

And then save a custom minimap image depicting just one floor/yard image. Use custom camera bounds for each of the floors so that you only have access to one floor at a time to finish the effect off. This works nicely for this map because the rest of the stuff in the map is basically a cinematic for the necklace.

Overall:
I thought that it was a decent start to the series.

The opening cinematic was long and, for very much most of it, extremely similar. There could have been more done with it besides ( a very choppy ) flying through trees camera trail. Not much was focused on the house either. It seemed to be extremely bare on the outside and inside. I suppose i let this one slide though because you only have two quests to do at that specific location.

The first scene with the pancake eating had thrown me off because there hadn't been very much build up to it. Very odd for pancakes to be finished and sitting on the shelf. For first starters to the series it might serve as a large issue.

I had problems with the way the counter went for controlling how many pancakes were consumed because it always ended up being around 13 with the brother always seeming to end up at exactly 12. Add some random into it? Also love how it also has no bearing on the rest of the game the amount which both dragons ate. Makes me feel it isn't worth clicking keys at all. Perhaps have it as an actual life changing event? like perhaps, changing the amount of HP your dragons starts off with?

The chores were actually a fresh game for WC even though it was basically item get/item place. I was thinking that it should blink the toys needing to be picked up via tint alternating for a few seconds to make it more clear to people who couldnt tell which ones you were supposed to get.

Piano was amazing. Great work on it. I just had issues with finding the room to do the quest because the camera angles [see above]. The rest was me "holy crap"ing myself.

Picking up the sticks in the yard was somewhat annoying because they didn't seem to stand out very well. Another problem was that the terrain and quest were not shaped the the quest in mind. Everything was randomly scattered and this made it feel very erratic. Especially when it came to the last three sticks required to finish. There was no indication for actually moving yourself towards the cave nor any terrain or other visual clues. To someone who has a 5 second attention span for playing this, i think they might just [X] and move on.

The end cinematic really need some better terrain for the chase.

I didn't like the voice acting in the game at all. It was very bland with no expression like monotone robots.

[Edit added here elaboration on voice acting...]
The problem with the voice acting was that at times the voices sounded too much like they were held back. The expressions of the characters were simply too shallow? to get any feeling across. As if the people acting for them weren't trying to make a fool out of themselves. Don't be afraid to yell into the mic and get some choppiness to it! That's why some actors are good and some are bad. :p I'm not going to say it was a completely horrible job for voice acting but, if improved, would greatly change the outcome of the map overall. Another thing would be to even out the volumes on all the vocals throughout the map because some were louder/quieter than others.
[End edit]

The storyline suffered also from the fact that all characters personalities were blurring together. The mom in the beginning had a very poor line that stood out where she points out exactly how many pancakes they ate. Finally, at the end, the brother doesn't really seem to be all that surprised that pyritie just got the powers of the universe from some trinket. Nor did pyritie himself really care a few lines after first using said power. This caused an epic fail in my book.

Very nice work overall however good to see some people still attempting storyline RPG's. It could have been transferred into a UMS game. God knows you wouldn't think of ditching all the high-res models/textures in the game though. Which now that i think of it, weren't really needed anyways.

Chapter 2: The journey to Dragonlitermorticae
Minor Issues:
Camera:
Player camera sits back behind too far, even with angle/dist commands. The problem is that changing the angle +/-100 either makes you stare at the sky or the ground. The distance command doesn't help either because anything higher than 1300 gives you a nice fresh view of pine tree branches.

This was also a problem later on for when you have to count the dragon spirits. It was hard to see some from the walls.
Keys:
Related to the above camera, this problem is that using the UP arrow or any keys to walk forward through a PATHED FOREST. The issue is that when the hero comes into contact with a PATHED tree. It will look off into another direction. ITs especially bad for the wolf battles you have to do in the forest, where you use the keys and then have to switch to mouse in the event of a battle.

Related to this is also that if you want to use keys in particular, you should lock camera to the unit and offset the camera relative. This is because you can click on the minimap to go whever you want to go instead of using keys.

You can also click on the ground but its also as lame as the UP arrow because of the Camera issues above.
Major Issues:
Train Station:
NOTE: This bug hinders story continuation
If Player decides to sell all uncut gems to food dealer, then they cannot get on train to the city.

Possible fixes:
  • NODROP item aquired once visiting the mine
  • Picking up mining pick or even the pick itself as the item required.
    [*]Track the when the player picks up an uncut gem for the first time and store it. This is the best option because you already have it check the quest off as completed when you get the gem in the mine. So have the trigger check if the quest was completed in order to allow the train riding sequence to start.
Overall:
I thought that this was a step up from Chapter 1 in terms of quality. Save for a few camera problems I thought the terrain had greately improved. My only beef was that things like the rail track walls weren't fixed up so they didn't have edges sticking out everywhere.

The forest had some issues with the wolf difficulty, they were either extremely easy to kill or extremely hard, in the case of the alpha wolf. There was also no EXP given from wolves to prepare you for the alpha. Ended up just scraping by with <100HP on pyritie the first time round.

Enjoyed mining for some odd reason although i didn't like the spinning models for the dense rocks. Ended up making >1200 off gems and tin ore.

Train ride could've been shorter. Reminded me of the opening cinematic for Chapter 1. ^.- Could've also had the camera sway to the right to follow the train as it sped by.

The castle was done well, a bit confusing to get around because the minimap was so bloody small in that area. Spirits quest was awful to do because of the camera problems above. Also ended up with bad pathing clicks because the space -inside- the houses were open and the camera moving over constantly adjusting made it a hell to navigate through. Food quest FTW.

Again an issue with the speech and personalities blending together. You need to work on having different english mannerisms for when certain people are talking. It should be done well enough that you don't need a character portrait or anything to tell who is talking.

Needs some work introducing the new characters as well as the antagonist.

WHY WOULD HE LEAVE HIS BROTHER IN SOME STRANGE CITY TO GO OFF WITH SOME RANDOM WIZARD OLD MAN PERSON?

I didn't see a rickety van with candy.​

Final Word: "End" ^.-
All in all a very good job making the campaign. Hope it gets better and hopefully ( God, I should be an optimist. ) what I've said actually helps you to improve it.

Also... 44MB is way too effing big for two maps + credits. Work on optimization when you get the time. :)

Last edited:
Level 9
Auraiken said:
I didn't like the voice acting in the game at all. It was very bland with no expression like monotone robots.

Lol. I'll have to keep that in mind. XD

Auraiken said:
WHY WOULD HE LEAVE HIS BROTHER IN SOME STRANGE CITY TO GO OFF WITH SOME RANDOM WIZARD OLD MAN PERSON?

I didn't see a rickety van with candy.

Somehow I am reminded of Herbert from Family Guy.

Anyways, this should be in the Feedback thread.

EDI*T: Preskooldude: Yeah yeah, I'm on it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Long post is looooooong. Thank you very much for taking the time to type out all of that!

The camera positions tend to always be looking straight across the room. This makes it hard to really see any thing or any place we need to go to. This is especially true when you're trying to locate the piano area.
I don't want to have a camera facing the wall, as then there's not much space to click on. I chose those views because they had a nice wide view of the house so the player didn't have to go through 10 cameras just to get from one side of the house to another.

Set roof tiles to 0% alpha when the camera height is higher than them. This should make it so you can have the camera looking down into the room slightly. Makes clicking areas easier since there is mathematically more points to click on inside the room. Less time getting stuck going backwards or through doors because you clicked 'outside' the house. (through the walls)
The problem is, you can't get the camera source height, only the camera target's height. Of course, I could probably make a system that could find its height based on the angle, height of target, and zoom, but I really don't think it's that important. Also, the 100% transparency only works on Units and only doodads can be hidden. The floor is a destructible. Also, if you start to go out the door, there is a Stop command, you know.

I was having minor problems with the way the minimap looked in-game. The two floors could have been done better by having an exact duplicate terrain for the second floor as was the first.

And then save a custom minimap image depicting just one floor/yard image. Use custom camera bounds for each of the floors so that you only have access to one floor at a time to finish the effect off. This works nicely for this map because the rest of the stuff in the map is basically a cinematic for the necklace.
I could've, but I didn't. If you have the camera bounds thing, the minimap dots for the heroes go all over the place. Also, then you wouldn't be able to see if someone was on the bottom or top floor.

The opening cinematic was long and, for very much most of it, extremely similar. There could have been more done with it besides ( a very choppy ) flying through trees camera trail. Not much was focused on the house either. It seemed to be extremely bare on the outside and inside. I suppose i let this one slide though because you only have two quests to do at that specific location.
Well it is a log house in the forest; what'd you expect? A mansion? This family isn't exactly super rich, you know.

And yeah, the opening scene isn't supposed to be exciting or anything. It's dawn and people are waking up. How is that exciting? Also if you look in opening credits in movies, rarely are those scenes very interesting. They usually just pan around scenery.

The first scene with the pancake eating had thrown me off because there hadn't been very much build up to it. Very odd for pancakes to be finished and sitting on the shelf. For first starters to the series it might serve as a large issue.
Meh, it's supposed to be fun and silly and light-hearted. It's not supposed to be taken seriously. (Also I just wanted an excuse to use my pancakes model :p )

I had problems with the way the counter went for controlling how many pancakes were consumed because it always ended up being around 13 with the brother always seeming to end up at exactly 12. Add some random into it? Also love how it also has no bearing on the rest of the game the amount which both dragons ate. Makes me feel it isn't worth clicking keys at all. Perhaps have it as an actual life changing event? like perhaps, changing the amount of HP your dragons starts off with?
Hmm... making it random... that's not a bad idea actually. If you play on a different difficulty then he eats less/more pancakes. Besides, it's just breakfast. Why should that determine how the rest of the game plays out?

The chores were actually a fresh game for WC even though it was basically item get/item place. I was thinking that it should blink the toys needing to be picked up via tint alternating for a few seconds to make it more clear to people who couldnt tell which ones you were supposed to get.
I don't want to make things too obvious.

Piano was amazing. Great work on it. I just had issues with finding the room to do the quest because the camera angles [see above]. The rest was me "holy crap"ing myself.
Well, there is a bright orange circle of power in front of it. It can't be that hard.

Picking up the sticks in the yard was somewhat annoying because they didn't seem to stand out very well.
That's kinda the point...
Another problem was that the terrain and quest were not shaped the the quest in mind. Everything was randomly scattered and this made it feel very erratic.
Do storms blow around things into neat and ordered rows? No. So why should this be any different?
Especially when it came to the last three sticks required to finish. There was no indication for actually moving yourself towards the cave nor any terrain or other visual clues.
Again, I don't want to give everything away. Telling the player exactly what to do and how to do it makes it not fun.

The end cinematic really need some better terrain for the chase.
Meh.

The problem with the voice acting was that at times the voices sounded too much like they were held back. The expressions of the characters were simply too shallow? to get any feeling across. As if the people acting for them weren't trying to make a fool out of themselves. Don't be afraid to yell into the mic and get some choppiness to it! That's why some actors are good and some are bad. :p I'm not going to say it was a completely horrible job for voice acting but, if improved, would greatly change the outcome of the map overall. Another thing would be to even out the volumes on all the vocals throughout the map because some were louder/quieter than others.
The problem with the voice acting is that most of it I have no control over. I simply tell the person what lines to do and how to say them and then they send it back to me. And I know Lirch's microphone for the first map is really quiet. After that I told him how to better use his webcam microphone (yeah I know it's crappy) so its louder without getting the blowing sound. The only people I can directly control are Pyritie (I'm him :p ), Burnie, Dappledorch, and Pirsir. (Plus Dirch, the train ticket salesman, and the sorceress, as they're family friends, but those were a one-time thing. I might use them again for other characters in later maps, but meh.) Putting lots of effort into the voice recordings isn't as easy as it sounds. For one thing, you have to really over exaggerate as the microphone really dilutes everything you say. :/

The storyline suffered also from the fact that all characters personalities were blurring together. The mom in the beginning had a very poor line that stood out where she points out exactly how many pancakes they ate. Finally, at the end, the brother doesn't really seem to be all that surprised that pyritie just got the powers of the universe from some trinket. Nor did pyritie himself really care a few lines after first using said power. This caused an epic fail in my book.
It'll become clearer as the campaign progresses. And yeah, I see what you mean by them not being surprised enough. But what do you expect? Ten minutes of constant "WOW" and "HOLY SHIT"?

God knows you wouldn't think of ditching all the high-res models/textures in the game though. Which now that i think of it, weren't really needed anyways.
The blizzard trees look like shite, especially when you scale them up really large. Besides, I'm not trying to make this look like WC3. I'm just using WC3 as the engine behind the game; not using it as a reference for the storyline or anything.

Player camera sits back behind too far, even with angle/dist commands. The problem is that changing the angle +/-100 either makes you stare at the sky or the ground. The distance command doesn't help either because anything higher than 1300 gives you a nice fresh view of pine tree branches.
I just added some commands to give you more control of the camera: -speed and -offset. The latter is exactly what you're looking for.

Related to the above camera, this problem is that using the UP arrow or any keys to walk forward through a PATHED FOREST. The issue is that when the hero comes into contact with a PATHED tree. It will look off into another direction. ITs especially bad for the wolf battles you have to do in the forest, where you use the keys and then have to switch to mouse in the event of a battle.
Unless I made all of the trees units (a bad idea), detecting when you move within a certain range of a destructible is almost impossible to do easily without an overcomplicated system.

Related to this is also that if you want to use keys in particular, you should lock camera to the unit and offset the camera relative. This is because you can click on the minimap to go whever you want to go instead of using keys.
When you switch characters it looks really bad. Although yeah, I should fix that possible exploit. I could make it detect how far away the move order is and then make the heroes stop if its too far away.

If Player decides to sell all uncut gems to food dealer, then they cannot get on train to the city.
That's kinda the point... the train ticket seller isn't going to give you a free ticket.

NODROP item aquired once visiting the mine
Huh?
Picking up mining pick or even the pick itself as the item required.
Well then the player can just go to the mine, pick up the pickaxe, and leave. Pointless.
Track the when the player picks up an uncut gem for the first time and store it. This is the best option because you already have it check the quest off as completed when you get the gem in the mine. So have the trigger check if the quest was completed in order to allow the train riding sequence to start.
It used to be that way, but then if the player decided to sell that first gem (and if s/he had more gems), you still wouldn't be able to go on the train.

My only beef was that things like the rail track walls weren't fixed up so they didn't have edges sticking out everywhere.
That's blizzard's fault, not mine :p

The forest had some issues with the wolf difficulty, they were either extremely easy to kill or extremely hard, in the case of the alpha wolf. There was also no EXP given from wolves to prepare you for the alpha. Ended up just scraping by with <100HP on pyritie the first time round.
You should be avoiding the alpha wolves until you're level 2 anyway.

Enjoyed mining for some odd reason although i didn't like the spinning models for the dense rocks. Ended up making >1200 off gems and tin ore.
That money will come in handy later.

Hold on, I forgot to add the gold amount to the game cache... d'oh!

Train ride could've been shorter. Reminded me of the opening cinematic for Chapter 1. ^.- Could've also had the camera sway to the right to follow the train as it sped by.
Tried that. It looked bad.

Again an issue with the speech and personalities blending together. You need to work on having different english mannerisms for when certain people are talking. It should be done well enough that you don't need a character portrait or anything to tell who is talking.
I'm surprised the different voices aren't different enough. No voice actor was used more than once, so they're all different people.

Needs some work introducing the new characters as well as the antagonist.
3rd map is all about Py and Scorch, 4th is all about Var'thun.

CUZ HE CAN! (And Scorch is a girl, in case you haven't noticed.)

Also... 44MB is way too effing big for two maps + credits. Work on optimization when you get the time. :)
It's the music that takes up all the size. I tried compressing it but then it sounds awful. Also all of the voice acting doesn't help, as well as the textures for those high-res doodads.

Thanks so much again!

Level 3
The problem is, you can't get the camera source height, only the camera target's height. Of course, I could probably make a system that could find its height based on the angle, height of target, and zoom, but I really don't think it's that important. Also, the 100% transparency only works on Units and only doodads can be hidden. The floor is a destructible. Also, if you start to go out the door, there is a Stop command, you know.

If they are destructables, could you not kill them when not using and revive when using them?

Well it is a log house in the forest; what'd you expect? A mansion? This family isn't exactly super rich, you know.

And yeah, the opening scene isn't supposed to be exciting or anything. It's dawn and people are waking up. How is that exciting? Also if you look in opening credits in movies, rarely are those scenes very interesting. They usually just pan around scenery.

I suppose I could go with that :p

Hmm... making it random... that's not a bad idea actually. If you play on a different difficulty then he eats less/more pancakes. Besides, it's just breakfast. Why should that determine how the rest of the game plays out?

Some say its the most important meal of the day! Usually determining the rest of the days outcome. But what do I know? I don't even eat breakfast :3

Well, there is a bright orange circle of power in front of it. It can't be that hard.

I meant actually getting the the living room, since theres no indication in the previous scene/room of getting to it.

I don't want to make things too obvious...
That's kinda the point...

I was just trying to make it a bit easier for the newer people who have less patience. The sticks quest already PINGS whre the sticks are... I just think it would be better to just make the sticks on the ground obvious instead of pinging because the pings outside the map were a bit distracting. First thoughts being how I burn the damn fence down to get to the last three :)

Do storms blow around things into neat and ordered rows? No. So why should this be any different?

What I mean was that the terrain doesn't subliminally lead you places as a full fledged RPG would. In most storyline RPG's where there is only really only one way. They try to pursuade the player to go in that direction. Cobble paths on the ground... some indescrimnate signs... etc. Some go as far as to shape everything so that it makes you feel you're supposed to be going in such a way. Where paths would be slightly indented into the ground, walls or fire or bushes would be placed to make you know you shouldn't go there.

Unless I made all of the trees units (a bad idea), detecting when you move within a certain range of a destructible is almost impossible to do easily without an overcomplicated system.

Maybe have more space in between the trees so that you don't feel the effects of the pathing so much? If it looks too barren, scale the trees wider. You can't exactly see them unless you -dist out far anyways.
I wouldn't suggest turning pathing off on the trees because then you'd have noobs bitching about walking through trees -_-;

That's kinda the point... the train ticket seller isn't going to give you a free ticket.

Well, the tickets were 40 Dragondollars each or something along those lines. Making the ticket seller accept any currency whether it be money or super cool uncut gem is decent enough. Especially since not accepting such would ruin the game for someone. You can't go back to an empty mine and get more gems. It means the player would have to start a new game from the start. :/

"We couldn't find anything special in the mine but we did get some spare change to take the train!"
'Aw, Alright, Heres your tickets anyways! Remember me if you guys find anything later on though! :D'

My only beef was that things like the rail track walls weren't fixed up so they didn't have edges sticking out everywhere.

That's blizzard's fault, not mine :p

Change the scaling on each of the walls so that it looked nicer ;D It's some work but you can't just expect everyone to wait until the next map to 'start liking it'. Most people would be gone in the first map. Best to just update the old maps to look better or feel nicer so that you retain a fanbase around it.

You should be avoiding the alpha wolves until you're level 2 anyway.

You're level 2 as soon as you talk to the ticket seller. That's the problem. I was level 2 facing the alpha wolf. The dragons seems to be at the midpoint between the small wolves and the alpha wolf. Too weak or slightly too strong.

If they are destructables, could you not kill them when not using and revive when using them?
Only problem is finding the ceiling destructibles after you kill them. You can't use "pick every destructible in rect" because then it'd pick up the floor too.

Some say its the most important meal of the day! Usually determining the rest of the days outcome. But what do I know? I don't even eat breakfast :3
D:

I meant actually getting the the living room, since theres no indication in the previous scene/room of getting to it.
You can see it when Dappledorch asks who wants breakfast, as well as sorta during the pancake eating game.

I was just trying to make it a bit easier for the newer people who have less patience. The sticks quest already PINGS whre the sticks are... I just think it would be better to just make the sticks on the ground obvious instead of pinging because the pings outside the map were a bit distracting. First thoughts being how I burn the damn fence down to get to the last three :)

What I mean was that the terrain doesn't subliminally lead you places as a full fledged RPG would. In most storyline RPG's where there is only really only one way. They try to pursuade the player to go in that direction. Cobble paths on the ground... some indescrimnate signs... etc. Some go as far as to shape everything so that it makes you feel you're supposed to be going in such a way. Where paths would be slightly indented into the ground, walls or fire or bushes would be placed to make you know you shouldn't go there.
Hmm... I see what you mean. Then again, following the fence leads you to a freaking cave...

Maybe have more space in between the trees so that you don't feel the effects of the pathing so much? If it looks too barren, scale the trees wider. You can't exactly see them unless you -dist out far anyways.
I wouldn't suggest turning pathing off on the trees because then you'd have noobs bitching about walking through trees -_-;
I fixed that. I made the system check if the point right in front of the hero is pathable or not, and if it isn't, then don't move. I'll be uploading that version as soon as PurplePoot finishes fixing the Headbutt exploit.

Well, the tickets were 40 Dragondollars each or something along those lines. Making the ticket seller accept any currency whether it be money or super cool uncut gem is decent enough. Especially since not accepting such would ruin the game for someone. You can't go back to an empty mine and get more gems. It means the player would have to start a new game from the start. :/
I see what you mean... I'll make it so it checks whether you have the uncut gem OR 40 dilaur.

Change the scaling on each of the walls so that it looked nicer ;D It's some work but you can't just expect everyone to wait until the next map to 'start liking it'. Most people would be gone in the first map. Best to just update the old maps to look better or feel nicer so that you retain a fanbase around it.
I like fanbases... :3

I see what you mean though. I'll see what I can do.

You're level 2 as soon as you talk to the ticket seller. That's the problem. I was level 2 facing the alpha wolf. The dragons seems to be at the midpoint between the small wolves and the alpha wolf. Too weak or slightly too strong.
I don't see what the problem of the alpha wolf is. I easily defeat it all the time. Just make sure you use your abilites.

Level 3
Help...

Sorry if this is spam. Its related to Pyritie. Well i downloaded the Map. (Latest Ver.)

Now i don't know how to play it. I tried it with Warcraft but it did not Open. (I don't think i showed i forgot..)

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do? This game looks cool lol. :thumbs_up:

Status
Not open for further replies.