• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dragon Blood [ENG]

DRAGON BLOOD 1.4
By: IanMarty

Introduction:

The Ruby and Sapphire Dragons are at war! Join them and lead your team to victory!
This map is an AOS (MOBA), and it's inspired by DotA, LoL and HotS.

256246-26fa22faac19970f95997b76f55a86cd.png

Features:
  • 76 heroes to choose in a 3v3 arena.
  • 4 different game modes (capture the flag, push carts, minion frenzy and king of the hill)
  • Easy and fast gameplay with quick matches.
  • AI adapted to each gamemode.
267484-c79cce910e3aa3239b700e22b7657630.png

Changelog:
  • A fourth gamemode has been added: Curse of Abraxas: Every 2 minutes, a circle will appear in one of the three lines, control it three times to curse your enemies.
  • The AI was greatly improved and adapted for all the gamemodes.
  • Balance changes.
Credits:
  • ArOn and Marcos_M for helping me with the AI
  • Bribe for the Damage Engine System
  • HiveWorkshop for the cool resources (list below)
  • Vinz
    WILL THE ALMIGHTY
    Expresso
    Tranquil
    Dionesiist
    xyzier_24
    -Grendel
    johnwar
    Rhapsodie
    JetFangInferno
    Wandering Soul
    Power
    Freddyk
    Rubellu Sidus
    -Peper-
    Stefan.K
    Explobomb
    Redsteel1
    Direfury
    Pvt.Toma
    PeeKay
    WhiteDeath
    JesusHipster
    assasin_lord
    Deolrin
    JoySoy
    Grey Knight
    Sunchips
    Mr.Goblin
    General Frank
    kangyun
    Fan & xXm0RpH3usXx
    PROXY
    Haistrah
    ironmaiden
    Sellenisko
    Cavman
    BlackDoom
    Mr. Goblin
    Sin'dorei300
    FrIkY
    Exarch
    -Nightmare
    UgoUgo
    Mc!
    Mephestrial
    The Panda
    kola
I hope you enjoy this map :)
This map is NOT open source
Previews
Contents

Dragon Blood 1.4 [ENGLISH] (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
What's the point of blacking out the Patrol, Stop and Hold Position icons if the commands are still there? Temple of the Dragon is named in Espanol. Same: Players->Jugador. I guess some more game modes wouldn't hurt. Generally, a nice DotA-esque AoS...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
What's the point of blacking out the Patrol, Stop and Hold Position icons if the commands are still there?
Temple of the Dragon is named in Espanol. Same: Players->Jugador.
I guess some more game modes wouldn't hurt.

Generally, a nice DotA-esque AoS that doesn't kill player memories with recipes.

Approved.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/

Level 12
Gave the map a shot and i loved it, i played with A.I. and they were decent, similar to an average player, the map plays nice, the heroes are interesting with cool and unique spells/skins, i loved how we didn't have to bother with tons of annoying recipes, just simple items with 1 upgrade and thats it, clean and smooth!

The only negative i noticed is the fact that the camera zoom resets after you die and revive, the default zoom is too close to the ground.

Things that can be improved:

- The terrain (is kinda basic, but i like the simplicity)

- The line/wave mobs are kinda basic, they are always the same ones, just the dmg increases.(they should evolve, add new ones over the time)

- The jungle mobs and mini bosses are decent, nothing special tho, what if they have a chance to drop runes where you can spawn them on your line for 1 wave, that would make the game more interesting.

- I also think that mini bosses and the big boss in the north should evolve and get stronger and stronger with each kill and the reward should also increase.

- After you get full inventory you can't seem to be able to use the gold for anything else, so maybe you can include some stats tomes to the shops.

- The scorebord only shows how many kills you got, maybe it should show how many deaths and assists as well.

All in all is a great Moba/dota map, i rate it with 91 out of 100 points!

Level 4
I had a lot of fun with this map, thank you for including a pretty decent AI. The items and shop system you have in this game are pretty good, and I like the dragon siege mode, I haven't tried any others yet. I'd like to particularly compliment the hero skill designs of the hero's I've played so far like Darkstone. Their abilities are somewhat familiar from Dota but the changes and additional skills make their overall kits very fun to play. I haven't played many heroes but im 2 for 2 in liking their movesets. While the AI plays the game pretty well, I'd love to see them go for more diverse item builds. A lot of heroes go for the same items I guess based on their class which leaves a lot of items unused. Also the bots seem to not recognize a retreat soon enough a lot of the time and tend to put themselves into particularly precarious situations. But overall, this is a fun map, thank you for making it.