• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you still live with your parents?

Do you still live with your parents?

• Yes, i am too young to live alone...

Votes: 118 74.2%
  • I am old enough but i still live with my parents *shrug*

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • I live alone! *w00t*

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I am a hobo

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Heh, sorry bout that, my whole rant up there about table bitches was more so directed to MSBB as a stroy of what could happen

Oh my, I read over the story I posted last night, and I noticed I made myself look like the anti-christ (mayber a few rungs below that, but still) and I just wanna say, I can't explain the whole relationship in a nutshell as I haven't put much thought into it, it could kinda be described as teaching him not to be a pussy/bitch, giving him a few scars and memories along the way

I'm actually fairly good friends, much better than ppl that I am 100% kind to from the start.

//

I envy you so much, my father told me about how when he was around 16 or so, he also knew about 40 kids that all knew eachother one way or another, and they would organize ski trips, or football games, anything they wanted, and they'd actually all go and do it!!!

Man I wish I could know what thats like, all the kids in my school are so obssessed with either themselves, or drugs, and sex kinda almost fits in there
Basically the only way I could get 40 kids from my school to do anything would be to make a massive bonfire where the feul was some kind of potent hallucinogen

I noticed somethin' about goths, that most of them really aren't too tough (although for a reason unbeknownst to me I happen to gravitate towards the kids that are completely fucked in the head, and most of them were goth in one way or another) and that they are actually kind of nice, and often tell dumb jokes and say stupid things like "the cake is a lie". I also noticed that all of the preppy kids are really fucking nasty, like they are truly cruel, gotaa always remember that he/she probably has a mental hitlist

One more thing, yeah it wasn't so much that I screwed them over with insults, it was more so his exceptionally low self-esteem made him more accepting, most of the work was cultivating his memories and experiences, and every time who would do something dumb, a rightfull insult would generally follow. My other friend that I told you about that, he was mostly the one who was unusually cruel, and he helped make a polarizing gap between me and him, as in the kid thinks, the friend is a complete dick, but (herman) is much better

Goths are like more sophisticated/less violent metal heads. Most goths avoid violence. metalheads usually don't, punks definitely don't, and industrial'er's usually don't. So not everyone I hung out with was violent, but they still didnt put up with everything. and I gotta agree with you on the preps.

Level 26
(perhaps 'frosh' is the really gay term for freshman only in NY)
Nah, in my high school in California, sports teams that are only for freshman and sophomore are called Frosh-Soph teams.
Basically, your table bitch is one whom all of the kids at your lunch table have rejected and isolated, forcing him to do as the leader of the table wills him to do
Well, in my group of Asian friends and one Persian guy, there's an Indian kid that hangs out with us no matter how much we make fun of him. We don't expect him to be our bitch, and would in fact rather not let him be our bitch, but we make fun of him because he honestly thinks he's smart and athletic, and, in fact, really isn't. Not to mention he breathes obnoxiously with his mouth, has horrible BO, has a unibrow, walks like a penguin, runs like a tyrannosaurus rex (with the arms dangling and everything), stutters, has a horrible mumbling problem, knows less about pop culture than the nerdy and foreign members of our group, and has a freakish way of writing things down(curves his hand over the line he's writing on).

Level 35
Preps...they are all hypocritical, cruel little...never mind...

Goths, and outcastes, I like them...most of them are true to themselves and dont stab you in the back if you dont bow to their ways.

Arty kids are awesome ^^

Can I have room service in my HIVE room?

Level 34
Holy shi-

Guys, please, stay with the topic. This aint the goddamn Are you a Ghettoguy?-poll, for godsake. It's getting annoying now to see people talking religion, terrorism and etchnics while the question was DO YOU STILL LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS?

Edit: I sound quite moddy, do I?

Level 12
Nah, in my high school in California, sports teams that are only for freshman and sophomore are called Frosh-Soph teams.

Well, in my group of Asian friends and one Persian guy, there's an Indian kid that hangs out with us no matter how much we make fun of him. We don't expect him to be our bitch, and would in fact rather not let him be our bitch, but we make fun of him because he honestly thinks he's smart and athletic, and, in fact, really isn't. Not to mention he breathes obnoxiously with his mouth, has horrible BO, has a unibrow, walks like a penguin, runs like a tyrannosaurus rex (with the arms dangling and everything), stutters, has a horrible mumbling problem, knows less about pop culture than the nerdy and foreign members of our group, and has a freakish way of writing things down(curves his hand over the line he's writing on).

Thats almost the perfect candidate, although he might be abit more annoying than what I'd prefer, but basically if you ever just get really pissed off at him just remove his right to speak or something, thats one of the many punishments I managed to come up with x)

Could it be possible to have a HIVE fight club in our fantasy HIVE mansion??? And I would like a ghostly pirate ship at that, one that flys, so I can napalm people in their dreams.... ahh yess.... :pird:

EDIT (I was bankin' on somebody posting before me)

Holy shi-

Guys, please, stay with the topic. This aint the goddamn Are you a Ghettoguy?-poll, for godsake. It's getting annoying now to see people talking religion, terrorism and etchnics while the question was DO YOU STILL LIVE WITH YOUR PARENTS?

Edit: I sound quite moddy, do I?

The mods generally avoid the caps lock, so you kinda just sound annoying...

I was 13 when I became a forum moderator, now I am 14 and I've lost it for 2 seconds of no thinking :p
How does one become a moderator? You need to be skilled in one or more areas, to be awesome, people need to love you, loads of rep is not needed. You also have to act pretty mature and NEVER ask for moderator title. But getting moderator title on THW is not hard, as long as you are a resource section moderator (I believe we need more texturing resource moderators ATM though).

Level 8
how does a 13 year old become qualified to be a moderator?

For that matter, how does one become a moderator to begin with? I'm curious.

Please keep on-topic with this. This is about living with your parents. Not about becoming a moderator.

Don't seek out moderator positions. If the staff needs you, they'll come to you.

And by the way, being 13 years old does not imply being immature.

Level 2
Option numero uno.

I'm only 14. Technically I could become a Hobo, but I'd have to leave the computer and that just won't do.

Level 24
That is basically Hive,members below 18,those who are above,are usually admins and mods

Off-Topic
1186462701940.gif

Level 12
Why are you all so young? (-,-) It's like this site is full of nothing but middle teenagers.

Eh, its not really that big of a deal, I know some kids in college that really talk like they are my age or even younger

Level 2
Why are you all so young? (-,-) It's like this site is full of nothing but middle teenagers.

Physical age means very little, especially on a medium where one communicates purely in text. The maturity of people varies greatly, regardless of age. I know twelve to thirteen year olds that are more intelligent and mature than many people my age or older. They can hold up more interesting conversations and tend to use better spelling and grammar.
When I was thirteen myself, I frequented chat-rooms on the internet, and frequently got people to assume I was over twenty, purely by the way I wrote. I didn't want people to discriminate against me because of my age (although that sometimes happened when I let it slip out that I was thirteen), so I won't discriminate against younger people myself now. If someone is worth speaking to, his or her age should not matter at all.

Sorry, that was pretty off topic, but I had to let it out.

Level 2
Mainly just chat-rooms, I didn't start posting on forums until a year or two later. I was just sticking up for the younger ones, because I've been one myself. Thanks anyway, Brad. *grins*

Level 7
I'm 18 so I won't live alone for a while.
You know, not all countries have the same cultures. In some of them it is usual that the guy leaves the house almost the very day he/she becomes 18, some other countries it's not. And obviously, not all universities from all countries have appartments.

And yeah, why so many kiddies here?

Level 2
Why indeed? Possibly because this forum deals with the modding of a game which appeals to young people. That's just a guess, though.

Level 12
Yeah, the game IS mostly directed at 12-13 yr olds

I'm 18 so I won't live alone for a while.
You know, not all countries have the same cultures. In some of them it is usual that the guy leaves the house almost the very day he/she becomes 18, some other countries it's not. And obviously, not all universities from all countries have appartments.

And yeah, why so many kiddies here?

I can only think of one scenerio where a person would need to point that out, one you are defending yourself, and two you being younger than others automatically assume that nobody else has ever thought of that

If you are in fact 18, we are not retarded here at thehive, being multi-national and all its almost impossible to think that nobody here would know that

If you are not 18, and lied about your age, I GOTCHA!!! X)

EDIT

A bit of a longshot, you could also be extremely conceited and lonely, and have a complexure to be a smart*ss, Ehhh, there is really no way to tell

Level 17
I'm 12 and still live with my parents... I will leave when I get a job and a apartment. =))

Wow. 12 years old and already looking for a job and an apartment. congratulations on your head start. you're definitely ahead of me, and I thought I moved out young. You must be a genius, or very displeased with the quality of your parenting.

Best of luck.

Level 27
I live on the streets, so now and then i break into a house to check on the hive or go on xfire. When im lucky to break into a house that has war3 i can play a while although when the ones that live there return i gotta go.

For dinner i mostly bash a little child to death or catch a bird or a fish. To move around i simply walk and sometimes when it isn't fast enough i prefer to sprint (Also keeps me in shape).

I mostly sleep in boxes under bridges but sometimes i also get to sleep in one of those big ship containers o_O thats niccceee

Oh shit, the owners of the house are here.. gotta run..

(Doh i live with my parents?)

Level 2
I'm working now - saving for some art-centered education. I hope to be able to move out on my own at age 18 to attend school in the USA.

Level 12
I live on the streets, so now and then i break into a house to check on the hive or go on xfire. When im lucky to break into a house that has war3 i can play a while although when the ones that live there return i gotta go.

For dinner i mostly bash a little child to death or catch a bird or a fish. To move around i simply walk and sometimes when it isn't fast enough i prefer to sprint (Also keeps me in shape).

I mostly sleep in boxes under bridges but sometimes i also get to sleep in one of those big ship containers o_O thats niccceee

Oh shit, the owners of the house are here.. gotta run..

(Doh i live with my parents?)

I hate when they come home and catch you spankin' it, I had to dodge a baseball bat once

Uh-OH... asdg;egh

Level 4
OVERYOUNG! im still very young im still 9 and can't live alone my mom and dad worry too much about me they think if i loiter in the streets alone i get kidnapped and if i try to go to my friends house they won't let me! grahhh!

Level 5
Well, I'm not old enough to live by myself and even if I could now I wouldn't. But once I've gotten past University I'll probably be moving out, I don't know who with because I obviously can't tell if I will have a girlfriend at that stage. Luckily I'm from quite a wealthy background though so I don't think I'll have to worry about the financial side of it, unless my step dad goes bankrupt >.<.
And as far as I see it there's nothing wrong with being 20-25 and still living with your parents, because some people stay on to university for quite a while and others just don't like the thought of moving away, it's only really when your nearing the 30's that you should start worrying!

-Thick

Level 26
I am a hobo! Har har, the simple oddity of the word hobo makes that nonsensical sentence absolutely hilarious. Also to be taken account of is the unlikely sight of such a person owning a computer, as, if one should have enough money for one, the average person would suspect that the homeless person would care more about finding a place to live in rather than the luxury of electronic devices. Furthermore, society commonly perceives such hobos as funny people in and of themselves, as one who fits the hobo stereotype would be a smelly drunkard in rags and dire need of a shave, all of which tends to give a more humorous tone. When all of the aforementioned elements combine into a single sentence, the words are much more powerful than if one were to list out all of the attributes one by one. This is because, as William Shakespeare has once said, "Brevity is the essence of wit." By extension, to say "I am a hobo!" would be to release a stunning amount of wit unto your surroundings, as I have just proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.