• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Just a generic question you can ask anyone on the street... "Why do you live?" [End of Sarcasm]
Why do you live? Do you have a reason? A person you live for? A goal you want to achieve? Maybe you didn't even stop to think about it? Or maybe you live for nothing but you are too lazy to suicide? I think it will be interesting to know!

Anyways, personaly I live to know and to discover why exactly I am here. So I only know partly why I live.

Level 10
I got my goals to achieve. Not like career and such they just pass too quick. I want something permanent. I want a family, a wife and a life to lie my head on when I get very very old. I'm on a way to achieve the happiness, the rest. That's why I think I live. ( I know these sound too stupid, couldn't think for anything better though. )

Level 13
*Shoots TDR* As FreshMobster said, we human beings live for the lulz. Let's see if it's true...

Level 9
I live to have fun.
If I reach a situation where I can no longer have fun, I WILL kill myself.

Lucky for me I probably have like 70 years or so before that happens.

Level 14
I don't think you're born into being a hobo.. life happens and then you become a hobo.

Unless of course hobo's are allowed to have sex and children, then I guess you can be born into being a hobo.

Level 35
I live, because I am alive.

I have a purpose, because my purpose is to have a purpose.

I think, because I am a thought.

I breathe, because I am a breath.

I love, because love is no-where yet ever present.

I am light, because the light is in me.

We live in the circle of creation, with all its twists and turns, ever changing...ever evolving from the base creations set down by the forces beyond us ages ago...

We are alive, because life is what makes us aware that we are alive.

Thus sayeth Elenai the Philosopher.

Level 9
the purpose of living is sex - who thinks else shall die in flames :>

Amen..

I don't believe in god or religion. I'm not going to state my reasons or opinions, because i can offend someone.

I live to have fun. I want to die laughing.

Level 5
I live because I am an artist--an artist of the word and sound.

I've heard melodies that only I can hear.

I've told stories that only I can tell.

Thus is my mission in life: to take those things that I enjoy doing and share them with the world.

I live with the thought that I must make use of what talents I have been given, lest they be wasted, and talent is a far too precious thing for that.

Level 24
I live for knowledge, and for enjoying the process of earning and experiencing that knowledge and its evolution. Knowledge of concepts, knowledge of things that are not myself, knowledge of myself and my limitations. Something I know about myself is that I have the tendency to always talk and never be in the position to act, which is only slightly better than always talking and never acting. One of my more awesome limitations is being able to consistently jump and touch a 10' basketball rim. I also, the time I decided to kill myself I chickened out and spent about 15 minutes just shaking.

Level 11
The purpose of all life is to create more life. Animals therefore like mating.

The purpose of creating more life is to ensure that there will be more life.

Why? We don't know. We just make up excuses for mating.

Level 5
I stand for the light...
The light is my strength...

To be honest I as Nonzealot
got my goals to achieve. Not like career and such they just pass too quick. I want something permanent. I want a family, a wife and a life to lie my head on when I get very very old. I'm on a way to achieve the happiness, the rest. That's why I think I live. ( I know these sound too stupid, couldn't think for anything better though. )

And of course I want to make smth great to be known as a gg-man. I dont want to be a grey mouse in the whole world community and for that I have to study and work hard...

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Quote from an earlier poster.
I live, because I am alive.

I have a purpose, because my purpose is to have a purpose.

I think, because I am a thought.

I breathe, because I am a breath.

I love, because love is no-where yet ever present.

I am light, because the light is in me.

We live in the circle of creation, with all its twists and turns, ever changing...ever evolving from the base creations set down by the forces beyond us ages ago...

We are alive, because life is what makes us aware that we are alive.

Thus sayeth Elenai the Philosopher.

Now, THAT, kids, is a load of crap.
I live to party with my friends. To drink, to eat, to talk, to travel... to basically live with them. I know my life ain't worth a lot without them, so I can only assume that they are my reason to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.