• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

If it were possible...Would you live inside a game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I was reading life in wow, which is a comic about a guy stuck in world of warcraft and I wondered about something. Would you ever live in a game??

So...here's my questions

#1 would you ever live in a video game?
#2 Which one and why?

I'd be a hardend veteran soldier in some fantasy rpg (no idea what though, champions of norrath perhaps or Morrowind?)

Level 34
I don't consider life a game at all.

I would want to be in some sort of perfect utopia game.

Otherwise Sims2 with billions of dollars.

Level 34
What are you going on about? Utopia is a perfect society. You can say it's different for everyone, but IMO there is one perfect society, and I have no idea what it is, no one does.

Level 10
Nothing ever was nor ever will be perfect.

The only one I would ever consider would be Starcraft, as some form of Zerg. Before anybody complains about no free will under a hive mind, well, if you were in that position, you'd not see that factor, would you?

Level 9
What are you going on about? Utopia is a perfect society. You can say it's different for everyone, but IMO there is one perfect society, and I have no idea what it is, no one does.

proving my point.. It's not only impossible but also theoretically impossible. Here is how you break it down. Today everyone hates each other, they find they dislike about people and every subject inbetween. Now, create a functioning society where everyone is happy. Well, for example, 50% of the world population will only be happy in a city-like society. The other 50% like being alone. Each person in either situation does not like at least one thing about every other person. Well, if they are not satisfied, they are not happy and you don't have your Utopia. A Utopia ASSUMES that everyone is the same as the one who is concieving of it.. And that's where it, and the thinker fail. If everyone is alone where they cannot find another person to judge and thus dislike and thus be unhappy, well then you are left with people who are unhappy without others.
So, that was just an example - being alone as opposed to being sociable. Then you get into specifics..

So if the world were your way, from a non-God standpoint, many people would suffer from it, because from that standpoint you can't change other people or their will. Plus, from a God-like standpoint, you'd be bored.

Level 21
It's theoretically possible. Simply impossible for the reasons you mentioned.

Just an example: If every being would be genetically designed for doing certain things, and liking what he does to the extreme (Like you're designed to construct cars, as you're designed to do this, you love it like nothing else), that would be a form of a utopia. Oh, perhaps you wouldn't like it in your current "form" (as in a free being with a free mind), but does that make the idea bad, considering the fact that everyone is perfectly happy with how he is?

Level 34
Can I show a Mario ft. 300 comic then?

Kay

img_mario_300.jpg

Level 24
I would most definitely live in a videogame world, but I have no idea which one. Something where both magic and technology are fairly common would be ideal.

Level 34
You mean big bad yellow talking dragons flying around with dragon dolls?

I would also live in Killzone 2, without getting killed in the field.

Level 27
Nothing ever was nor ever will be perfect.

The only one I would ever consider would be Starcraft, as some form of Zerg. Before anybody complains about no free will under a hive mind, well, if you were in that position, you'd not see that factor, would you?
Would you even think or feel? Would you even have a mind?

I'd program a game where I can enter other games.
I'd live in that.

Level 10
Would you even think or feel? Would you even have a mind?

Technically, but they'd not be your own thoughts and feelings.

And I just realized I make myself look like some kind of Starcraft-obsessed fanboy... I don't have a drop of Korean blood in me, and all of the games I have are warlike anyway, may as well pick the side that eliminates your sense of fear and doom.

Level 26
I would most definitely live in a videogame world, but I have no idea which one. Something where both magic and technology are fairly common would be ideal.
Magic IS technology, in a sense.

I wouldn't want utopia, even if it WAS possible. Why? Because it would be pretty fucking boring.

I'd want to be in my favorite game of all time, Deus Ex. Cyberpunk is fucking sweet.

My second choice would be this game.
1191882103_f.jpg

From VGCats.

Level 16
Screw the utopia if we invented a painless never ending war i would love that never die slaughting people who needs peace it well get boring someday and i would want to be in wow as a Old God

I love my sense of fear and doom how do you think im still alive to day

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 25

You just WANT me to hate you, don't you? Well congratulations, you've already got it done! You've revived about 7 bloody topics and you've bloody double posted as well! Seriously man, what the hell?

Yaknow what, I'm in that very annoyed mood I get in, you're getting an infraction

Level 24
Mecheon, you could at least teach him about the edit button and how painfully hard people need to be trying to neither notice nor care about it before you bring the hammer down.

If I did live in a videogame, I would want to be in a position where I was respected and theoretically held some amount of authority. I'd also be one of those rigged mages that heals and does 1337 (as in leet, not the exact number 1337) damage.

You just WANT me to hate you, don't you? Well congratulations, you've already got it done! You've revived about 7 bloody topics and you've bloody double posted as well! Seriously man, what the hell?

Yaknow what, I'm in that very annoyed mood I get in, you're getting an infraction

HE HAD JUST COMMITTED CRIME IN THE FORUM WORLD WE LIVE IN OMG!!!!11one

But yeah if I would to live in a game, it can be any. That way I can live forever and never age. LULS

Level 12
I would like to live in a game where I am some kind of lord. With awesome power.
Black & White perhaps?

I'd live in WoW.No matter how many times you die,you conveniently get brought back to life any time.

Or GTA.They shoot you from a bazooka 10 times,and you wake up in a hospital 3 hours later,magically remaining in one piece.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
No, no and no... living in a game isn't good.
Sure, you won't age. Sure you'll be able to shoot gnomes out of your hands and shit.
But think about it: spending an eternity in an unchanging, repeating, monotone, cyclic world.... that will lead to nothing but insanity.

Oh and yeah... don't revive threads, kids. Play in traffic instead.

Level 26
But think about it: spending an eternity in an unchanging, repeating, monotone, cyclic world.... that will lead to nothing but insanity.
So it would be just like the real world, no?

But in all seriousness, we're talking about the hypothetical environment set in the game, not just whatever is revealed.

Status
Not open for further replies.