• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you like to see in a MMORPG ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
MMORPG's (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) has captured a great part of the overall game marked over the last few years. But as you may has noticed, like 80% of them have the same concept. The Medival theme seems to be the 'big hit'. But is it ? What is the reason for all the companys to create these medival themed MMO's ?

Anyways, I would for one like to see something very different from today's MMO's. Like a game where you and all the other players live in a large state with citys and mountains. Living in ''Now'' time ofcourse. Where everything is player controled. You may for an example start a business, selling something you've invented. If players need it ingame, You'll earn money. Or starting a band. Playing instruments using the same system as the new MMO, Lord of The Ring Online uses:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=7CuDS0CVwLA

Or start a gang with other players. Raid banks and such. Though crime shoulden't be unrealistic like in other games. With that I mean in most games you can pretty much get away with everything.
Buy houses, decorate them and live with your friends in a house. Where each player need a key to get in.

The characters of the game will not have levels, but skills. Skills you need to get by actually play the game. With that I mean; You get better to things as you play, like with everything else in life. Skills is not ''simulated'' by an integer.

Other than my very few ideas I have no idea of what the real point/meaning of the game will be, but it would be a perfect MMO, atleast for me.

What would be the perfect MMO for you ?

Level 10
Freedom of choice is the ultimate thing in an MMO, or in any game for that matter. Take GTA for example, it is a hit game simply for that purpose.

There should be more modern like MMO's. The medevil magic theme is getting nerdy (Just my opinion) With dragons and Fruity people in tights and shiney things.

Freedom is the biggest thing that should be there, too many games and MMO's are too restricted in their own ways.

And MOST IMPORTANTLY. THEY SHOULD BE FREE.

Buy it once... games you have to pay for every month are dumb...

Level 5
Honestly, I spent the better part of 7 years playing MMOs and have come to the conclusion that they are inferior to regular multiplayer games. Why? Because MMOs are designed so the only people who can win are the ones who lose themselves to it. I want to see less MMOs, and more regular games, instead of this 80% of all new games are MMOs...

Level 21
i think that WoW is a pretty solid MMORPG, a way to think of it would be what is the current leaders flaws and how can they be improved on? well i think WoWs language barrier sucks, i think that it can be fustrating sometimes, i think that the people on it can be annoying sometimes, but i also think its a fantastic game.

Level 13
oh lord, I do not want to see a Modern day MMO, I could just picture a conversation between to NPCs now...

NPC1: What up G-Dawg you got the stuff?
NPC2: Homie show me the money then you get the stuff.
NPC1:Aww come on man don't be holdin' out on me.

Yeah.... :-/ My mind is a dark, scary place... wish to take a look? >:) *holds up torch.*

Level 5

i think that WoW is a pretty solid MMORPG, a way to think of it would be what is the current leaders flaws and how can they be improved on?

Well basing it off of WoW's flaws, I guess the way to improve upon it is to not make an MMO. :grin:

Level 5
The best MMORPG would be something like Oblivion, but with the thing Guild Wars do where you dont need to P2P... I would camp on a game like that....

Im not a big fan of these MMORPG's like WoW/L2/GW ... Star War's Galaxies is pretty cool... but P2P.... (I dont like P2P games because I dont like spending money unless I am going to play the game alot)

Level 27
they should create a shooter MMORPG in a big city filled with zombies and other ambominations and then add real realisitic goreshots.. teleportations .. cars.. weapons .. items.. bosses.. parties.. enz.. and a low P/month paying like 2 euro a month.. that would rock :D

Yeah well our you couldnt pay anything.. that would be better..

Level 15
The best MMORPG would be something like Oblivion, but with the thing Guild Wars do where you dont need to P2P... I would camp on a game like that....

Im not a big fan of these MMORPG's like WoW/L2/GW ... Star War's Galaxies is pretty cool... but P2P.... (I dont like P2P games because I dont like spending money unless I am going to play the game alot)

Well, the closest you'll get to Oblivion would be a game called Darkfall Online. It's still being made, but it will totally rock. The combat system is the same as in Oblivion (You swing and hit with your sword using your mouse)

There is a section about the game at this site, where we also got a clan going on.

http://hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=231
Our section at the Hive

www.darkfallonline.com
Link to official site

Level 5
Another game that is being released soon that is an RPG/FP"S" is Savage 2. It doesn't have a monthly fee, either. But it isn't a perpetual world (which is a good thing!)

Status
Not open for further replies.