• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would you like to see in Warcraft 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm starting this topic to find some fresh ideas, and I hope to get lots of replys, even if you don't have an idea of your own, a comment on another's idea is just fine...
Personally I would like to see Warcraft 4 have only three races. For starters this would solve many of the issues formed in Warcraft 3 team games. Its a simple fact that some races work better together than others and this is an issue I find in meele games (to avoid it I stick to 1v1 matches). Three races could be balanced against each other much easier than four; and would allow each race to be built with more DEPTH than is apparent in Warcraft 3. Another thing I would love to see is a player adjustable ai to help with microing. In larger battles it becomes difficult to flip between groups of casters and use them effectively. All spells should be able to be put on "autocast" having a mini ai decide when best to use them. (thats my biggest problem; but maybe I just lack skills) The other thing I would absoultely NEED in order to be willing to purchase any Warcraft 4 game would be a diverse map editor. User created content has made Warcraft 3 better than any other real time strategy game, (my opinion), and I would like to see it continue into future blizzard games. The final thing I would seek in a Warcraft 4 game would be a compelling story.

Level 7
3 races?!?!? That would suck.

Heres a list of stuff I think they should add:

1)Playable Goblins
2)Playable Forsaken
3)Playable Trolls
4)More Natural Units (such as gorillas and tigers etc.)
5)Advance Buildings (Such as walls and other things
6)Maximum of 500 Food (Default 200)
7)Ore Resource
8)More Units
9)More Buildings
10)Last, and most importantly, Better Gameplay

EDIT: Fuck BEs, go trolls!

Last edited:
Level 25
HARDLY site discussion material, but regardless...

Heroes with equipable items ala WoW. In order to stop the ever-so-asked "ZOMG HOW I EQUIP?"
Pirates. Many pirates
New tilesets of fun iwth more customisability
Better trees
Wood, Oil and Gold as resources. The good ol' trio
SHIPS
Peons/Peasants pushing catapults
Blood Elves not on the Horde
Various expansiony things
Varying nice buildings
Animation controls for Doodads

Level 9
- Less n00bs... i wish they could actually change that...
- 4 races is fine, we dont need any more
- like mech, I say "NO BLOOD ELVES ON THE HORDE!"
- again, I agree with mech that it should have Pirates
-... actually everything mech said is good :lol:
- oh, and 3 resources is fine (gold/lumber/food), the more resources, the more confusing the game becomes :?

Level 7
Mecheon said:
HARDLY site discussion material, but regardless...

Heroes with equipable items ala WoW. In order to stop the ever-so-asked "ZOMG HOW I EQUIP?"
Pirates. Many pirates
New tilesets of fun iwth more customisability
Better trees
Wood, Oil and Gold as resources. The good ol' trio
SHIPS
Peons/Peasants pushing catapults
Blood Elves not on the Horde
Various expansiony things
Varying nice buildings
Animation controls for Doodads

Incase you did'nt know last time I check blood elves are perfectly on the horde. Go read the lore until your eyes bleed :).

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What made wc3 my favorite map was not melee like all you want it was custom gaming.

I want the game to be made for making custom games!
That would have better preformace and allow 100s of diffrent orignal melees to be made.

Firstly an unlimated bnet hosting limate but a 4 mb dl limate (after 4 mb you cant join if you dont have the map).
Advanced map support (random map scipts and bigger tile palets for pre made maps)
Sector loading(For RPGS and allows them to be infinatly huge by loading only whats in the near facility and not the entire map).
Customiziable spells (proper spell coding for even better game stability).
Customiziable recources (can set the number and names of recources ranging from 1-15).
Customiziable interface layout (can arrange how many and where icons to cast spells are and how they are cast).
Advanced easy modification of game engine (Allowing for less demanding grid like maps and ff combat systems).
Multyplayer game chache support(no more 52 diget unsafe code systems)
The ability to get locations of the mouse and such for FPS style maps.
No limate on the number of custom values on units.
Easy merging of parts of maps.
External provider support for making rpgs with 30+ players and stoping people hacking rpg chacter.
Advance item system support (diablo II like systems and such with minimal effort)
Included modle editor for amazingly simple modle making (no 100s of converters or skinners)
I could go on making a huge list but I believe most people would like the ideas mentioned above:).

Level 8
Remove the 4mb limit (but maybe put a warning, like THIS MAP IS OVER 4MG)

Items cosmetically show on heroes

Maybe multiple models per unit type (eg 3 dreadlords on the field, with different shaped horns and wings or sumthing)

allow increasing food limit etc

LOTS of units, nuetral or not

Unit editor in the WE - like character creature on, say, WoW, where u armour the units then dump them back into WE

Dark Storyline :twisted:

Level 25
King_Ryan said:
Incase you did'nt know last time I check blood elves are perfectly on the horde. Go read the lore until your eyes bleed :).

So. You're saying that you believe that the demonic magic hating Horde would accept the biggest magic users around, ALONG with saying that the arrogent Blood Elves would LOWER themselves so much that they would choose to join with a group they would call primitive uncivilised brutes, most of who have either attacked or had relitives who attacked the Blood Elf lands in recent history?

Why not just say the humans will ally with the Naga who are destroying their fleets and coastal ports? They're both the same ammount of crime against the lore

Level 9
while ya at it how about remove the undead from the horde v_v
anyway as mecheon said having the ships back is the most importent thing i recon but at the same time i would like to see an increased amount of flying units but something that would realy help, removing auto-casts because it makes noobs think their good when they have no micro because they rely on auto-cast >_>

Level 3
Heres a geat idea you need to hear

If your heart is set on three races,I suggest picking three of the following:

1-Dwarves Not only because they are stout,and great for a melee race,but also it goes along with WoW where it says the dwarves have prospered since RoC.Also spellcasters,some seige,and Intelligence based Heros could be gnomes!A Dwarf\Gnome Race would be great!Please consider this!Thier are many skins and models 0f Dwarves and gnomes on this site

2-Dranei.Not the Dranei from TFT but the new ones from WoW.Have you seen them?They look great!

3-Tauren.Having a peaceful race that,when threatened,can crush their enemies.Also their is alot of models\skins of Tauren on the site.If you want a storyline to start off for them,why not this...
The Venture Co.(from WoW) have begun to make hostile moves to take Thunder Bluff.Your tribe,the Dusthoof Clan must find out why they have begun the hostilities
and try to put a stop to it.(After that,you could entertwine this story with your own)

4-Trolls.If you want a fast building\techng\upgrading race,why not trolls?They can be a geat ranged/spellcaster race.There are many models\skins of them in this site too

5-Blood Elves.As much as I hate this race,you might like it.If you want a elegant race for your story with a troubed past,pick these...elves.Who knows!it might work!

If you use any of my ideas give me credit 8)

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Yes, WoW is a better money giver. In wc4 there should be more races and yeah, bring back the ships. And only the blood elves of Azeroth are the ones allied with the Horde as far as I know.

If you use any of my ideas give me credit

It's so clear that you didn't even read the first post. Next thing Blizzard's gonna do is implementing those ideas you know.
Roflficius.

Level 3
in fact i dont want warcraft4, just another expansion set for warcraft3 :twisted: , which needs also TFT.(because i allrdy downloaded damn many akins and models for wc3tft)
anyway, in this expansion i'd like to see: more units/buildings,
more story(especially nightelves :D :D ),
the stroy should take place before WoW (cuz i dont want to see bloodelves with horde :evil: )
in fact i'd like to see a new group of highelves, who were able to flee from the undead scourge, when Quel-Thalas was destroyed (i dont mean blood elves)
new tilesets
maybe a new race (not choosable in melee-fights, but like naga)
some story of background informations (for example: The War of the Ancients)

i think warcraft4 will be made, also diablo 3 will probably be made, cuz blizzard surely doesnt want to loose many of its fans

Level 3
Only 2 things I really want to see in Warcraft 4, that is :

1. A good and LONG~~ story. icon_biggrin.gif

2. A full detail World Editor, with a Model, Icon and Texture Editor inside the World Editor, that way we can make a full custom map without importing custom models, skin or icons that can increase map size. icon_biggrin.gif

i hope that the 2nd point wont be in wc4/nxt expansion set, because then very many REALLY BAD icons, models and skins/textures will be in maps

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
What are you trying to say?
Wc4 if made WILL NOT be an expansion since it is a completly different game and it would have to be standalone.

Was wc3 an expansion of wc2? no so theres the answer to that.

MAking an expansion for wc3 is pointless the graffics and engine is out dated and inefficent if you look at it.

I realy wish that blizzard would remove the humonide like races being able to kill any other race touch from their games. Orcs, elves and humans are all human like and very simlar so it is prety much like playing 3 different human countries and killing each other and any life that stands in their way. They realy should change the plotline of their WC universe to make it more fair on the other creatures. I just feel sorry for all the animals that are mindlessly slaughtered for no reason in their WC games so I definatly think they should add more races that look like the animal they represent and not a humonide imitation.

Races I feel should be given more power over the humonide like races.

Reptile (all kinds including dragons)
In almost every fantasy game they are eithor the race being killed or are made to look very stupid.
In WoW you can kill dragons yet can you play as them? NO! I find that unfair since its so obvious that its rigged for the dragons to die in most rpgs.
Also in all the games i have played (excluding AOM since there some reptiles were powerfull units) that feture them as a major part make them seem so human that they virtualy lose all their lizard charatistiscs.
Also notice in Wc3 they did not use any reptialian hero even in the tavern.
They deffinatly need firstly a better part in any game and better modle makers to make them so if Wc4 was made i think it would be a must to feauture reptiles having a major role in the plot line.

Fish
I know your thinking fish WT*?
But theses living creatures have never been any threat in any of the games i have played and i dought any game feautures them in a major role.
I atleast think they should feauture some very strong fish creeps in Wc4 if it is made.

Birds
Again like fish hardly ever a major part featureing them and although i do not realy like birds i still think they should be bird creeps in every wc3 style game or morpg.

Plants
Plants seem to be always the weakest race in any rpg/stratergy game. They should have atleast some plants with powerfull defences that arehard do survive from in a game like Wc4.

Im terriably sorry if anyone feels offended by this rant on including more animals and giving them more major roles in games but i just find it werid how most game desingers think HUMAN SHAPES ARE THE BEST AND ALL POWERFULL THINGS MUST LOOK LIKE THEM!
Also for all you RPGers just think from the animal your about to kill point of view (not talking about all animals you kill).

Think if you were a dragon and 8 lvl 100 guies with mega equipment came and slaughtered you im prety sue you would not find it that nice. . .

So i think game makers should eithor feauture all humans or a mixture of animals / humans with balenced powers.
I hope this has made you think about killing stuff in rpgs but i know it probably has not. . .

Also if you are replying to this post please do not say any thing aimed at the author of this post since this post is purly made to make you think and to see others opinions on what should be in WC4.

Level 27
I'd like to see a built in model editor :D :D :D
Also, more races more story lines, more GUI, a soundtrack compiler (so you can make your own soundtracks) more naval units, more difficulties, more creeps, and more units overall, a race adder for custom maps, in the object editor more fields for abilities, and a built in leak checker...
Of course, yes, it prolly will never come out due to stupid WoW...
--donut3.5--

Level 1
ooo boy here goes...

i'd REALLY like to see being able to give commands to over 12 units at a time.. i don't care if it makes it harder to micro having 100 guys and having to move them to the same place in groups of 12 can become frustrating and divide up the army (if you can call it that)--
larger scale: most battles tend to be about 20 on 20 that too me is waaaaaay to few (once again i don't care about micro)--
most units (even midgets like dwarves and goblins) are has tall has the buildings.--
a race that isn't in like EVERY fantasy game/book/etc.
like Zenu or Verunian.--
a model editor included and a more.... bah whats the word i'll just go with that.--
a plotline that does not have the word chosen or prophecy in it... (shudders)--

has much has i doubt anything will be gained from typing this i do so anyway

Level 12
I'd prefer no WC4.

Merge Diablo, Warcraft, and Starcraft into one big chunky editing program and call it Horadric Cube 1.0.

/explodes in horror of his own sarcasm

Level 6
1. Dragonkin, Gnomes, and Naga as playable races.
2. Better graphics engine, preferrably one that doesn't have N64 graphics.
3. More bonus campaigns and maps, maybe an unlockable StarCraft based one :).
4. Bigger maximum custom map size, maybe 320x320.
5. More powerful map editor.
6. Heroes have a bigger inventory, maybe 10 slots.
7. Higher level cap for heroes than 10.

Level 4
I'de like to see:

-More races (Naga, Nerubian, Dwarves, Blood Elves, Draenei, to name a few...well..most :p)
-A Race Creator in the World Editor (Instead of me having to edit an already existing race ¬_¬ which a profound amount of work)
-A Tileset editor
-A model editor
-Bare-hand Heroes who can equip items (or maybe like The Battle for Middle Earth II where there current standard weapon gets replaced)
-A Hero Editor in World of Warcraft like fashion but with changable aromor to)
-and...yeah...that's about all I can think of atm >.<

Level 7
Blood Elf/Naga race, Draenei Race.
In built model and skin editor in WE.
Longer campaign.
Able to control more than only 12 units.
Graphic update(compared to most games the graphic is quite bulky).
More units for all the races, and buildings like Walls, and non-war buildings(markets, university, etc).
More strategy, like moral, archer deals more damage on high ground and lower on low ground, miss chance for all ranged units(come on, no-one hits bullseye 100% of the time), etc.

Christers

Level 36
Yes, I'd primarily like to see:
1) Updated engine, the engine was made i 2002 guys! It's getting blown away by the modern RPG's that your comparing it to because it's so bloody old.
2) A more powerful editor
3) More races, see all the above ones, any will do. Dwarves need their own race!
4) Larger hero inventory system, maybe a backpack setup like WoW
5) Paper doll equip setup, whether exactly like WoW or armouring characters in We and then loading back into WC with the armour on
6) Built in model/skin/icon makers! This would save a ton of time having to import, export convert yada yada, this way it's built right into the game and I don't have to worry about getting my import paths wrong!
7) Another story line, WoW doesn't really have one so yeah I want something epic :)

Level 12
Dear god, this thread is rather pointless. Blizzard will never make warcraft 4 because it spoils WoW.

On the other hand, Diablo and Starcraft's universe would be worked on.

But still, I would like to see some other stuff.
-more powerful editor
-better naval combat
-like brad mentioned, paper doll equip.
-make heroes more significant by maybe making them hell lot stronger.
-Dwarf race
-Blood Elf race
-Naga race
-Draenai race
-Demon race
-More ways of going up cliffs, etc. getting dwarven mortar to ice cliffs so it can be climbed.
-buildable walls and gates
-Extremely long range + extreme damage siege, but very weak health and speed.
-Catapults etc. need to be manned.

Generally stuff christers mentioned to. Now it reminds me of BFME...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
For your infomation this thread is stone old and I posted in it back on wc3 sear over 2 months ago.
But sadly as we all know there will be no wc4 (DAM WoW)

On a second note
This is my first post on the hive and im glad most of the data still exists from wc3 sear

Level 36
Oh yeah that would be really really cool... but you could also do that, you'd just have to have different conditions. For example:
xunit enters a region
region equal to overbridge
order unit to move to acrossbridge
yunit enters a region
region equal to under bridge
order unit to move to pastbridge

That would work wouldn't it?

Edit: wait... you can't create regions on the bridge can you, since it would be a doodad?...

Level 10
If you want ground units to be able to walk ON TOP of and AND UNDER the bridge at the SAME TIME, it's impossible. . .

Or you could make it so regions are height sensitive. . .

My theory would be that there would be (in this case 2) levels of pathing but ultimately many more.

example. . .

Unit enters (reg1)
reg1 would be set to apply only for ground units at one height of pathing.

Another region could be set on top of it to apply for units at another height of pathing. . .

-Deck

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.