• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What would YOU want to see in a zombie game?

What would you like to see in a zombies game?

• Modern/Large Battles

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Medieval/Large Battles

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Modern/Small Battles (Hero Type)

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Medieval/Small Battles (Hero Type)

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Ruined City Lone Survivor Types

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Surviving Defending a Base/Location

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Surviving Making your way to Evacuation Sites

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Stopping Outbreaks in Cities

Votes: 8 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
There are quite a few zombie games here on the hiveworkshop as well as in the general wc3 map making community. But, only a few have become truly succesful, such as Eras Zombie Invasion, World War Z, and some others. But, how did they become so popular? Is it because of the gameplay, models, terrain, or just because of the lack of zombie games to play? My questing for you is, what would you truly want to see in a zombie game? Depending on the information provided by hiveworkshop fans i will attempt to create a zombie game according to what the polls and comments state. I have made several zombies games in the past and am currently working on another so i am a decent map-maker. I am certain you will not be wasting your time posting comments and asnwering the poll question. So please, let me know what you like about zombies and what you would like to see in a zombies game. Thankyou

By, Cazeoj276

(PS: please keep jokes to a minimum)

Level 7
I'd like to see some single/multiplayer hero zombie games. It might play out similarily to a WoW dungeon, but at some key points, it would play a quick bit of scary music, and zombies jump out at you. Or, some random corpses might get up and attack you.

I also really like games where you become a zombie upon death. I guess the Vampirism games have that aspect, but they're base builders as well.

not quite on your list, but i like to see moderate/high micro, aka lower hped heros... Lots of blood and special effects....
variant units, rather than just zombies, add some flameing zombies, explodeing zombies, zombie dogs... maybe zombie ranged, but not alot of them, since the low hp...

holding one area dosnt require micro, which is why i like more open areas, where zombies come from every direction, and the only way to survive is with a lil shootnfall aka moveing your hero back a little bit at a time... but never getting cornered or ur fuked

swats gotta be my fave zombie game, i kinda like the theeme of ammo, but its never very practical...

im working on sort of a mideval zombie game XD, well undead.. there will be necros, crypt fiends, skele mages ect....

save/load just dosnt seem to cut it in most the zombie games, although it would be a cool idea, to have it record your 'score', and as your score increases so does dificulty... that way you could always challenge yourself.... and show how good you are.... i wish there was a way to make 1time use codes, so you couldnt "replay" the next game with ur code if ur person died..

Level 17
I want to see Zombies!

No but seriously, surviving in a ruined city with alot of barricading is really fun, Left for Dead amongst others taught us that.

Also a medieval hero 1-3 hit to be killed is would be fun.

If a player dies they should return as a zombie. If they die as a zombie they should return after some time.

Level 12
Agreed with terra on all his points.

But I do enjoy the occasional epic battles against massive forces of undead. The feeling of smiting countless undead minions is just plain soothing... And it relieves stress for me without having to break in a few people's heads in real life.

me too. an idea would be there would be more zombie at night and during day you can make barricades to hole up in a supermarkets and stuff. while some members look through the supermarket for supply, you defend the barricade, survive the night until the zombies stop spawning. repeat and make your way to evacuation point. like that flash game "Last Stand"

Level 19
so where do these zombies come from?
dont tell me its the "virus that turns ppl into zombies" again cuz that idea is oooooooold

an extremist terrorist attack on a major city, using aerosol chemical agent which blocks major neurochemicals in your brain, effectively turning you into a violent, irratic foaming animal. the neighbouring city evacuated due to the aerosol spreading by the wind. eveyone in your city, however, has turned into "zombies" except for few survivors

there! no lame virus theory

me too. an idea would be there would be more zombie at night and during day you can make barricades to hole up in a supermarkets and stuff. while some members look through the supermarket for supply, you defend the barricade, survive the night until the zombies stop spawning. repeat and make your way to evacuation point. like that flash game "Last Stand"

Hey im making that already :hohum:

Status
Not open for further replies.