• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

What do you want to see in a zombie game?

What do you want to see most in a zombie game?

• Game Type: Left 4 Dead style, get from point A to point B without everyone dying.

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Game Type: Barricade a room or base and try to hold out for as many waves as possible

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Game Type: A mix, get from point A to B while setting up barricades at specified points where you wi

Votes: 16 57.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I have been planning a zombie game for a while now but now its time to come to community.
I need to know what the community wants and what you guys want best so the game is one of the most successful as it will be one of the first Starcraft II mods released.
So please vote in the poll but i would appriciate it even more if you would post suggestions and any ideas that you think make a good survival/zombie game. I want your ideas, all are welcome, thank you for your time.

-Bane

Level 9
I have come to a decision that the game will be based around building barricades and holding out a room during the night and in the day you will buy supplies from the general store. The objective being to survive 28 days with each day getting exponentially harder.
Now i would appriciate it if everyone would post any suggestions about what they would like to see in the game.

ex: weapons, equipment, zombie types, game mechanics etc.

Level 1
Weapons
Make sure that they don't get guns in the beginning. They should use some small things like sticks, knifes & other common household things in beginning. Otherwise it would appear that they were well pre-prepared for the zombie attack. Let them buy things.

The same things go for the game play. They should start using the common household things & other common things for equipments & armors. This will make things seem little realistic.

Level 10
Give the map a story line instead of just holding off wave after wave and then a sudden victory make it so the towns people transform into zombies and your in the town and when a unit is killed by a zombie another is created and have the zombies level after a duration of time and add a techtree and at the very last thing of the tree is the cure which disables the ability for the zombies to corrupt people. And make important figures in the town like mayor and blacksmiths that are vunerable and sell weapons and other items. Doctor being the person you must keep alive and provide with certain items to get the cure. That would be a very innovative map.

Level 9
@ Zelda. Great idea! What i was planning on is having them start with items such as:

-Marshmallow skewers
-Wrenches
-Screw Drivers
-Axes
-Baseball Bats
-Golf Clubs
etc.

Then after a day or two they can start buying simple guns, etc.
Also i plan to make it so to build a barricade you need a hammer, wood, and nails
keep the ideas comin, great work so far!

@ XPQJ. I also plan to add somewhat of a story behind the game so its not just wave after wave like you said.

Thanks for the ideas, i can always use more!

Start out with about 4 zombies placed around the map, with regular villagers near them, which, when killed by the zombies, will turn into zombies (then after a period of time, place about like 4 upgraded zombies or something) with some periodic trigger that keeps spawning villagers randomly. So if the players are lucky enough the find the zombies before they multiply, they can win quicker. else the longer they wait, the harder it gets.

Level 1
The idea of Just spectating can be improved if you add that the Zombies have to take the killed people to some kind of crank scientist. Otherwise it can become too difficult.

Story Suggestion
Add the crank scientist i mentioned. Then you can say that the Crank scientist is kind of mad. He thinks that to cure pain you have to make sure that people cannot feel it. So he is trying to turn them into zombies so they don't feel the pain.

Level 1
Ideas
>the shops in the city from which the people buy goods also need guards to make it look more realistic. Smaller shops do not survive after some time but the bigger one do survive for longer time. This will make this map a survival as the items will run out due to lack of shops.
>the people of the city in which the zombie are attacking also buy goods to survive. Just make them upgrade them after some time. That will make it look as if they are buying goods.
>i thought that the story i placed was quite lame so i tried to make better one.
Better Story
(Cinematic)
>It was like any other day in the city of ----- famous for its genetic research faculty
>When the night crept the x people were trying to go to their beds when they heard banging on their doors
>----- went to answer the door
>what he saw made froze him & he started screaming wildly
>others appeared
>one of them took golf bat & ran to attack the zombie that had appeared on their door. Others followed
>After killing the zombie they got back to their senses & noticed that the zombie looked exactly like the famous Mr. ---- who had went to the research faculty
>Then they noticed that many other zombies were also roaming around
>they closed doors & wait for morning
(Cinematic Ends)
>in morning they come to know about the scientist which i mentioned earlier
>they send a messenger to nearby police headquarters
>now they have to survive for 28 days
I know that it will look odd that there is no police headquarters if there is a research faculty. To solve this make it in a peaceful village where the faculty was made to make sure the research went smoothly.( Lame argument i know but can't think of a better one just now)

Level 9
lol wut? Iv been traveling from california to oregon for 2 days, starcraft 2 doesnt come out for about 6 months, if i dont post for 2 days it doesnt meen its dead lolololol.

Level 9
Epidemic and this thread are the same game, that is why i recommend posting in the epidemic one as this thread is rather dead.

no worries,
-Bane

Status
Not open for further replies.