• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Campaign] What gameplay style do people want to see?

What is more interesting gameplay?

• Warcraft III style

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Classic (Brood War, WC2) Style

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I'm starting out on a campaign, and I have story ideas, but I'm not sure about what style of gameplay to use: more like Warcraft III (i.e., micro-focused, fewer but durable units, less emphasis on town-building, multiple heroes in every mission) or more like Starcraft or Warcraft II (lots of units that die easily, less emphasis on micro, more different buildings needed, heroes maybe only in a few missions).

I figure Warcraft III-style is easier to make because I can follow the vanilla game as a guideline for balance, but I don't see any of the "classic RTS" style campaigns on here, so I thought that might be an interesting change.

What would players on Hive want to see more?

Level 6
Warcraft 3 I guess, even though I haven't played Starcraft/Warcraft I.

Btw, there are plenty of the "Classic RTS" campaigns here. You just need to search for them. Some examples would be : Curse of the Forsaken, Rise of the Blood Elves, Arthas Campaign - Humans. You can find them in the maps section. Gl.

Level 8
Be unique or less-boring! :D
Try it:
- You play your central character like an RPG, NPCs and other characters are will be other cpu players and you use dialog triggers to move the story further. There are unfinished bugged campaign here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/chronovyx-122538/?prev=t=43&r=20&d=list&page=4
This is have an unique combat system. You can also use camera as you want. For example: Lock to your central character.
However, some events in the past took away my creativity to somewhere else, so I just advise: Look other unique maps for example.
But if I needed to choose between only the mentioned two: I prefer their mixed version.

Status
Not open for further replies.