• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why are we here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, we are on this planet because of a series of random chemical reactions, that then formed complex molecules that linked together to form the first living cells.
Exactly!
And always the living cells that were more fit to survive and reproduce, reproduced and the weaker ones faded away, and after some time the cells evolved to groups of cells and so on all the way to animals

Level 10
Exactly!
And always the living cells that were more fit to survive and reproduce, reproduced and the weaker ones faded away, and after some time the cells evolved to groups of cells and so on all the way to animals

I believe this as well, but I have no idea how this would have happened. I read somewhere that the odds of this happening are the same as the odds of a tornado going through a junk yard and assembling a perfectly working plane. It's crazy.
I think there is some unknown variable that has yet to be discovered.

We may be the result of billions of years of evolution, that start with a hazardous collision.
Therefore, there is no meaning in life, because there was never a need for a meaning... if there is one though, it is simply to exist, and then to ensure our race will exist longer by procreating.Because life has always been, and always will be (if it wants to survive):

Birth
Duplication (cellular division or sex (OMG!) in the case of animals and humans)
Death

HOWEVER, this is simply the first meaning of life that there has been, and over the years, humanity has evolved. So now the meaning of life varies from individual to invdividual, some want to discover more about said "life", others think they are to have fun during the short span of years that is given to them and some want to succeed, but then succeeding in this case is only by today's standards, which are usually: get rich, happy, get kids and lead a life with a purpose.

Why are we here though?

And no, its not because some guy in white robes with a big beard said: "hey, I'm bored! Let's make up the universe!"
Believing this is foolish, and I won't respect ignorance, even if it is in the form of another religion (which by the way refuses to admit they've been wrong about things and still are, and even sometimes exploit other people's naiveness to manipulate them). Go ahead and say I'm irrespectful, I really don't care.

Anyways, back to why we are here. We THINK a good theory is the Big Bang, but then again, we don't have proof of this, so we call it a theory. Truly, nobody knows for sure why we are here...

So I'm going to take a guess, you are here because your parents had sex (OMG!) one night, and you grew up, found out about the internet and this site, and felt interested in checking out this thread. Satisfied with this description? Probably not.

I'd suggest quit wondering why you're here, or what is the meaning of life (42, BTW), and do something with thos 90 years or so that you have left to live.

Level 24
Believing this is foolish, and I won't respect ignorance, even if it is in the form of another religion (which by the way refuses to admit they've been wrong about things and still are, and even sometimes exploit other people's naiveness to manipulate them).
bah, link to the thread that became about whether God was created by lunatics or whatever, could exist or not, etc.

Go ahead and say I'm irrespectful, I really don't care.
as long as you're acknowledging that you are, it's kind of close to okay.

Anyways, back to why we are here. We THINK a good theory is the Big Bang, but then again, we don't have proof of this, so we call it a theory. Truly, nobody knows for sure why we are here...
some people know why THEY'RE here, but not anybody else.

So I'm going to take a guess, you are here because your parents had sex (OMG!) one night, and you grew up, found out about the internet and this site, and felt interested in checking out this thread. Satisfied with this description? Probably not.
i'm satisfied with it.

Level 24
This thread grow for some stupid discussion, the reason we here because we want to

wait for it...

So I'm going to take a guess, you are here because your parents had sex (OMG!) one night, and you grew up, found out about the internet and this site, and felt interested in checking out this thread.

so basically WILL already said what you just did, but his version is better. i think the "here" originally referred to means on the earth, but why we're HERE here has already been explained perfectly

Level 26
the meaning of life? man, you people are so uptight..smile!
3788.jpg

But I suppose if you want to know the meaning of life, it's to serve me as a slave in the future... I mean to enjoy it, and let others enjoy this privelige too. I doubt any other planet on this galaxy has such a privelige to be inhabited with life. We're probably that needle in a haystack. We evolved from single celled organisms, and it's good to not only be alive, but to be the smartest animal amongst this planet and probably many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.