• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why don't we get what we deserve??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
We are map makers, and our community is pretty big and active. Some of us created spectacular maps, with original ideas. Everyone of us is working hard, spending hours to make good maps for all to play.
But who plays our maps? Some of us don't even play anymore, and Battle.Net (I speak of Northrend, but I think other continents are the same) just offers Dota, Angel Arena, sometimes Footmen Frenzy and Vampirism. Why don't people host our maps? Why don't WE do, at least for the best ones?
Is our work useless? Do we do it only for ourselves, to get compliments from this community? Who hosts our maps? Who uses our beautiful models, our awesome skins? I can't see the impact of the Hive on Battle.net.
AND IT SHOULD BE HUGE!

Level 17
Thing is, all these fancy map makers make all these fancy maps

Omfg! They modelled everything by themselves and the models are awesome! The system is complex and detailed and is leakless and laggyless! The terrain is jaw dropping and the map is great....

But when asked, people prefer playing sheep tag.

The cause: Lets face it, people put work into it, but in the end making the map is alot funner than playing it. Maps that are addictive no matter HOW fucking simple, succeed. Complex maps that alot of effort are put into are just not fun. Its that simple.

I've seen a game like Trooper vs zombie. Its basicly vampirism with some models and horrible spelling? Lots of people host it.

Naruto is self explanitory. Most of the b.net population has an IQ of below room temperature. Theres sheep tag, tree tag, those are addictive.

Hereos and empires, out of all of the maps, is the only complexish well developed map i have seen achieve success. Ever. None of these director choice bullshits ever make it. Against the darkness i rarely see hosted, i've NEVER seen pirate tag hosted and the other projects are singleplayer so i guess they dont count.

The only way to realize what maps people will play is experimenting.

People either like it, or they think its boring. Its that simple.

Oh, and then theres the tyrant throne of DotA... but i dont think i need to explain that.

Level 27
I host Pyramid Escape, Kodo Tag XTreme, Castle Fight, and Worm War.

I'd host my map too if it was good enough to play, but sadly, I just wont put up with JASS.

I make maps when I make maps so that I can host them. If I relied on other people to host, I really wouldn't bother, because there are people that edit maps and stuff, so when I go to play my map, I might end up having to download. Screw that. If I can't host my map, then I wouldn't bother making it.

Level 26
People don't understand the horrible attention span of the audience they cater to. They could care less the complex gameplay behind the game. They want something simple, because they're idiots.

As a matter of fact, I don't tell anyone the type of game of a new map I host, because they would leave if I did. When I host Against the Darkness, I don't tell them how to play until the game's started, otherwise these jackasses leave. Hell, they could enjoy the game if they play it, but before the game, if you bother trying to explain the rules, they'll leave because that's just the kind of people they are. Jerks that you practically have to drag to try something new that takes more than a couple brain cells to play.

Level 34
I find Battle.net users only like to play games they win at. They refuse to play a game that requires them to learn and actually lose the first time they play it. I used to play a bit of EotA and it was impossible to play without leavers. Unfortunately the game isn't very noob friendly, and they quit.

It seems that players don't care if the terrain is good, or there are cool systems, all they care about is if they can become wtfpwnage or not. You could make the worst arena ever, and as long as there was one rigged hero, people will host it just so they can win.

Level 9
They refuse to play a game that requires them to learn
THAT's the point, comrades! We have to make more user-friendly maps, if we want to take over!
I know, many of you just make maps for fun, but imagine: at least 2 maps whith the success of Uther Party giving credits to The Hive would be enough to make this site popular, to make people KNOW about the existance of this site, to replace all bad TD's with our professional TD's, to replace all bad Tags with OUR tags, and yes, to replace all bad AOS's with OUR AOS's !
We just have to make a few maps for idiots, and people will SWARM here to replace all the old maps with ours!

Status
Not open for further replies.