1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Why are we here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by The_wand_mirror, May 6, 2007.

1. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    Speaking of Atlantis, I found this article the other day, you might find it interesting.

http://www.world-mysteries.com/mpl_10.htm

Keep in mind alot of the article of speculation, but the scientific side of the article is cool. :)

2. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We are here to learn out of our lifes, altough, this has been changed into a wrong direction.
    Earth had to be a paradise, but things happened that weren't need to be.
    Like the world war II, people murdering each other, the hurting, the suicides, and so on ...
    For centuries this has happened, people are just betraying each other, and are being pissed on each other (Yes, even here on The Hive Workshop).
    Until now, the new age is coming towards us which shall include new children with a specific goal and a higher consciousness to fix up the world.
    I am one of these, you can believe me or not.
    You might wonder what should be different then, well I can feel how other people feel theirself, I can use reiki to heal people, I can see aura's arround people if I want, ...

Ah well, believe what you want.
    Read on if you are interrested :
    http://skepdic.com/indigo.html

The world needs to become a peaceful place, once and for all.

~- Heero

3. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    why are we here?

we arent.

dun dun duuuunnnnnnnn....

4. Teh_Ephy

Teh_Ephy

Resources:
    Resources:
    oh, i remember hearing about that "indigo" thing recently. i personally don't really believe it, but it's a great source of hope and the goals they are promoting are fantastic, especially considering the condition of the world said "indigos" are inheriting.

about seeing auras, i think it might be trying to see what you want to see. if you know somebody else who can see auras, go out to a mall or something and try to just watch people's auras (without looking creepy). check what he sees with what you see, not by asking "do you think that person's aura is <this colour>", but by asking "what colour do you think that person's aura is". if he tells you something different than what you were thinking, it's very likely that seeing auras is a placebo effect.

5. Daminon

Daminon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think we are here to pet all cats. :)

Tomorrow... big day...

6. Xarwin

Xarwin

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well in the end has everyone his own believe and religion.
    You can't decide how anyone is going to live his life and what his meaning is about life.

7. Kenoriga

Kenoriga

Resources:
    Resources:
    For pro-creation?

A little bit off topic, but nevertheless, cells are made of molecules, am I right?
    Therefore humans are made of molecules?
    Like a post on page 1, we are just chemical stuff that can think or something?

8. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, i dont care about this topic indeed :p

9. Kuhneghetz

Kuhneghetz

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Resources:
    The meaning of life is 42.

End of debate.

10. Kaitech[SanD]

Kaitech[SanD]

Resources:
    Resources:
    I think we're here to keep our race going on. Our meaning must be to Be Born, Bring Joy, Anger and All Other Emotions to Others, Grow Up, More Emotions, Get a Girlfriend or Boyfriend, Get Married, Make Babies, Help Them Grow Older, Become Old then Die. At the end, it just all ends with death, one day we're all going to die, get wiped from the planets face, I have beliefs that our meaning is Death, but also Civilisation.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  11. L_believer

L_believer

Resources:
    Resources:
    We here to learn and share all we know about Warcraft and World Editor because we really like the program and we meet peoples that feel the same right here... Except for it for me, I here to learn and shown everyone near me which I can make an warCraft map that good enough to played not just talking like my others friends

And from there we learn and became better from yesterday and without we know it the bill for our internet are jumped...

12. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Haha, yes srry forgot that for a min xD

13. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    There. Is. No. Purpose.

In my opinion, the answer is very simple:

There is no purpose.

We humans are just one result of the extremely long "survival of the fittest".
    Always the entity or creature with better capabilities of reproducing would be supreme and the weaker ones just perish. (So in the long run creatures will become even better at reproducing and surviving).

According to what? The Bible??
    Earth is just a ball of random mass, concentrated by the laws of gravity.
    It is without purpose, just like everything else.

And again, survival of the fittest.
    Murdering and betraying does enchance ones chances of surviving at some times and that is why those "skills" pass on from one generation to the other...

That will never happen.

Well of course you can dream about it,
    but it will never happen.

Last edited: May 8, 2007
  14. Diablo-dk

Diablo-dk

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We are living creatures, created for making balance on our planet...though in these times we just kill the environment.

The meaning of life..one of the biggest questions ever, i bet it doesen't have a meaning.
    We are created, we use whatever we can find on the planet to survive, grow up, get insane and only thinking of breeding and then later dying..and then your children starts do the same things: take drugs, smoke, do extreme stuff, do suicide whenever he realises that he has got a shitty life with no meaning..
    Life is strange, and i also guess god don't exist..because else he could atleast have given people fair lives. (i hate my life>_<)

15. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    ...According to what?

16. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:

The laws of nature. Every living thing has it's purpose. If a creature goes extinct , the natural balance is upset and things happen that aren't supposed to. For example, if sharks were to go extinct the fish population would then spiral out of control, causing the plant and bacteria population to decline heavily, which would then cause the fish population to decline as well.

17. Kenoriga

Kenoriga

Resources:
    Resources:
    Which would cause a HUGE increase in global warming. If whatever the above poster said comes true. ^

:|

18. Sacrimo

Sacrimo

Resources:
    Resources:
    One reson why we are here is because mabey someone wants to watch our daily activitys. He is watching us right now through a couch with a clicker....God? higher entity? or am I just holding my breath.

19. Kenoriga

Kenoriga

Resources:
    Resources:
    Or else there are humans "Above" playing us in a computer game.

20. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Quite pointless. There is absolutely no proof about it. It wouldn't have any effect on us even if there were a spiritual thingy somewhere watching us.

There is nobody and nothing that tells the creatures to balance the world.
    If a creature is not "balanced" with its environment, it will die and the creatures that are more fit will take it's place.
    There is no purpose. There is only the reason and the effect.

A countless amount of species has already gone extinct.
    If a creature goes extinct, the other creatures will take it's place.
    For example when sharks go extinct, other fish eating creatures will take their place by reproducing more due to plenty of food around. And again we come to survival of the fittest: "Sharks weren't fit enough to survive"

Last edited: May 9, 2007