• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Why do you live?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Quote from an earlier poster.

Now, THAT, kids, is a load of crap.
I live to party with my friends. To drink, to eat, to talk, to travel... to basically live with them. I know my life ain't worth a lot without them, so I can only assume that they are my reason to live.

No sense of poetry, but a good reason after that.

Level 9
Actually half the lines in that song are retarded.

The other half are lame excuses for someone who really want to find a reason to live.

My opinion is, if you are questioning why do you live-give yourself five seconds of though. if you cannot come up with a reason at that time, kill yourself.

Level 24
Actually half the lines in that song are retarded.

The other half are lame excuses for someone who really want to find a reason to live.

My opinion is, if you are questioning why do you live-give yourself five seconds of though. if you cannot come up with a reason at that time, kill yourself.

They're retarded if you have no sense of poetry, but it is a bit much flowery. I don't see any "lame excuses" for living in there.

Please note that if you can answer why you truly live in as short a period as five seconds, you should kill yourself, not the other way around. All that useless superficial, videogames and partying and such, that isn't living, that's the interim until you find out what is.

Level 9
Please note that if you can answer why you truly live in as short a period as five seconds, you should kill yourself, not the other way around. All that useless superficial, videogames and partying and such, that isn't living, that's the interim until you find out what is.

That makes no sense. if you KNOW what you live for, you should not live?

I didnt say "write it down in 5 seconds." i said, THINK about it. if five second of thought wont give you even a lame reason (partying and fun are lame, but acceptable.), then you have noting to live for. if you DO have a reason, even a weak one-enjoy it.

Level 24
Oh yeah, if you can't think of at least a lame reason in 5 secs (like even figuring out a better reason) then you probably aren't living for much. Anyways, knowing what you truly live for takes more than five seconds to contemplate. If you're shallow enough to think you have found the larger reason within a span of five seconds, you should kill yourself. Also, if you have already thought about it, you are not thinking of a new reason, but remembering the old one.

Level 20
I live for others.

I would have no reason to live would I be alone, isolated for my entire life. Life's reason is void when you meet people and friends... when you make some sort of mental contact with them. There is no objective reason for life as we know it, but I sure as hell know that without friends and family, I definitely wouldn't have a reason to live.

Level 13
This thread is fail, people live to further their genetic code and species.
Also most of you are WAY to young to grasp the slightest concept of life.
Hell most PEOPLE are way to young mentally and physically to understand life.

This has proven only one thing: from all you aren't prepared (either physically, mentally or both) to understand life's meaning, because most of us (I believe) understand the biological meaning of life (and so there is no need to mention it), but there is also a reason that each of us has been given or chooses to live once he or she starts thinking for themselves, which shows them the way to psychological maturity, which I hope everyone here achives at last (and, contradicting many suposedly "wise" people, doesn't have to be obligatory bound to age).
Stop criticising us for these threads, and go somewhere to stay alone for a while and think, maybe you will finnaly see that what you are doing now is useless.

Level 9
You people that it too far.

We are not asking "What is the meaning of life?", we ask "Why do you live?" or in other words "Why do you get up every morning, go to work/school, do whatever it is you do and repeat it day after day?"
Or in other words "Why don't you simply lie down and die? why do you keep going?"

I may not know the meaning of life, but I DO know why do I keep going, despite my annoying parents, despite the fact I hate mostly everyone around me (Not emo, they jest suck.), despite the fact I am bored to death half the time.

Level 19
You people that it too far.

We are not asking "What is the meaning of life?", we ask "Why do you live?" or in other words "Why do you get up every morning, go to work/school, do whatever it is you do and repeat it day after day?"
Or in other words "Why don't you simply lie down and die? why do you keep going?"

I may not know the meaning of life, but I DO know why do I keep going, despite my annoying parents, despite the fact I hate mostly everyone around me (Not emo, they jest suck.), despite the fact I am bored to death half the time.

Because its hard to kill me ?

I just do it so i can live and try and make a change and difference to the planet.

Level 11
We all live for the purpose of living. There is no more to it. If we didn't live, then our children couldn't exist, and life would come to an end. We live because life wants to exist (not because individuals want to)

Level 24
Some people enjoy pain, and there are some types of pain that are universally enjoyable. For example, being completely exhausted after a good workout. Also, there are plenty of ways to kill yourself painfully.

Level 5
I don't live in the matrix >.>.

I'm saying the world is only as you percieve. What you think of your surroundings is to you. Say, if you were crazy. Everything changes for you because you think as so.

If you were not there to read this, then this would not exist to you.

Level 13
I don't live in the matrix >.>.

I'm saying the world is only as you percieve. What you think of your surroundings is to you. Say, if you were crazy. Everything changes for you because you think as so.

If you were not there to read this, then this would not exist to you.

But still it would exist to others, so it still exists in the end, even if you don't know it.

Level 5
Does it matter to you if it exists to others? it has no meaning if it exists to others, if you yourself do not care.

Your counterargument was rather simple, i could have( and did) think of that myself. I feel like you are just arguing because you can.

Whatever, though, does it truly matter?

Level 13
It does. Believing that things are only important if you have conscience of them is quite egocentric. If you don't care about things you do not know or, most commonly (not talking specificly about you, Gespenst) ignore, it doesn't mean they don't matter to others.

Level 5
I don't think you're understanding my point(things sound so much better in the chatroom). I'm not saying to care only about yourself, but that you have the power to change any aspect of yourself. You may not be able to stay alive if your stabbed in the stomach, but you can decide whether it matters or not.

Level 13
Indeed you can do whatever you want with yourself, but what it has to do with existance? I thought we were talking about the fact that things exist not only in your conscience, but also in reality, (or viceversa, in your case)?

Level 26
I live for three reasons:
1. I don't know if I'll ever get this opportunity again.
2. The possibility of self-satisfaction.
3. I won't die until the panda gets its black and white ass off the endangered species list.

Status
Not open for further replies.