• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you still live with your parents?

Do you still live with your parents?

• Yes, i am too young to live alone...

Votes: 118 74.2%
  • I am old enough but i still live with my parents *shrug*

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • I live alone! *w00t*

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I am a hobo

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Well, I'm 19 and go to college so for 9-10 months out of the year I'm not at home. But right now I'm home from school on summer vacation.

Hopefully after this year I'll be getting my own apartment though. Once you're away you realize even more how shitty it is to live with your parents.

Level 13
Living with my parents for now (I'm 16) but I want to get independent at 18... but I'm not sure about it, mainly because the university where I want so study is 5 min from my parent's flat.
Darkholme, I must say that you should be very proud of yourself.

Level 36
Masiah don't bother. I'm staying with my parents all through Uni because i'm going to school in town. It sucks, but it's practical. You save tens of thousands of dollars in fees from room/board, and if you're paying for tuition, which most people are since their parents don't, it's just money you don't have to worry about.

So as much as I'd like to get out of the house, it makes sense for me to stay.

Level 5
I was just reading though this thread, and I've noticed alot of people around the age of 16ish saying they want to move out as soon as possible... Why?! It wont make your life any better, and all you'l be doing is moving into a possibly shit (or shitter) apartment, unless ofcourse your from a particularily wealthy background. What is this obsetion to rush through your life so fast? Throwing and wishing it away at your hearts content. You'll only regret it. My opinion. (just thought I'd say that to try and avoid some stuff)

-Thick

Level 12
Hmmm, well, my parents make me want to hack bodies apart and hide them in my walls. But thats just me.

Level 14
Masiah don't bother. I'm staying with my parents all through Uni because i'm going to school in town. It sucks, but it's practical. You save tens of thousands of dollars in fees from room/board, and if you're paying for tuition, which most people are since their parents don't, it's just money you don't have to worry about.

So as much as I'd like to get out of the house, it makes sense for me to stay.

Actually, room/board isn't all that much compared to the rate of tuition. Currently I'm paying around 2500ish for my room and 1500 for my meal plan.

The tuition is the shitty part. Even with reduced rate for being in-state it still is going to cost me around 13,000 dollars.

I don't know about other places, but in my general area (US east coast) that's about typical for room/board. I looked for schools all up and down the coast. Though, it is possible for it to be more by you I suppose. Unless of course you're talking over a period of years, where infact yes, it is that much. But it's so much better to live at the school than to live with your parents.

My school is practically a commuter school, 60% of people commute to school. But they really are missing out on the real college (University) experience.

Level 12
Actually, room/board isn't all that much compared to the rate of tuition. Currently I'm paying around 2500ish for my room and 1500 for my meal plan.

The tuition is the shitty part. Even with reduced rate for being in-state it still is going to cost me around 13,000 dollars.

I don't know about other places, but in my general area (US east coast) that's about typical for room/board. I looked for schools all up and down the coast. Though, it is possible for it to be more by you I suppose. Unless of course you're talking over a period of years, where infact yes, it is that much. But it's so much better to live at the school than to live with your parents.

My school is practically a commuter school, 60% of people commute to school. But they really are missing out on the real college (University) experience.

In NYC, its actually cheaper to live in the dorms than to rent an apartment (might as well throw that in there)

Level 14
In NYC, its actually cheaper to live in the dorms than to rent an apartment (might as well throw that in there)

Yeah.. well NYC is known for having overly expensive apartments XD

Anyway, I would still prefer not to live with my parents.

Level 14
Apartments really matter on where you live. I don't know how much they are around me, cause I don't really need to know.

My tuition last year was around 25,000. But I changed to in-state tuition this year.

Though my school is public, and it's more expensive for private. My brother's tuition for school was around 40,000-45,000 (he went to a private university).

Level 34
Squig, I think there's some difference between 07-22-2008 and 12-03-2008.

I want the DD-MM-YYYY system to be activated and I would like to see this thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.