• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you still live with your parents?

Do you still live with your parents?

• Yes, i am too young to live alone...

Votes: 118 74.2%
  • I am old enough but i still live with my parents *shrug*

Votes: 18 11.3%
  • I live alone! *w00t*

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I am a hobo

Votes: 14 8.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Well, I'm not young (I'm 24 years old.) but I still live with my parents. Even so I feel lonely sometimes, because I can't stop thinking about the future...

Because our parents won't live forever, and for that we'll need all of their help and guidance while there's still time, and (If/When possible.) getting a job. Because in the future, when our parents are gone (Permanently.), we'll need the money to live on (To buy a house, a car, essential stuff to live, pay taxes and bills, etc..).

My worst nightmare is becoming homeless, and I intend to avoid that.

Level 36
I'm 16, but I intend to live with my parents for a long time yet. Why?

Because it makes sense financially! I could easily rent a flat downtown, or stay in a dorm room in uni/college.

But why would I?

I intend to go to school in town, so if I can live with my parents and still go to school, why should I spend thousands and thousands of dollars to do otherwise? I have to spend over 60 thousand dollars for my university tuition, so I can hardly afford to live on my own.

Many, many, many students come out of school with far too much debt, debt that they have no chance of paying off. So I intend to minimize my debt as much as possible, so that my financial future isn't bogged down making payments every month.

So, due to this, I'll probably be with my parents until i'm 22 or so. I'm doing 5 years of Uni and I start when i'm 17, so yeah, 22.

Last edited:
Level 12
Aw,god damnit.I'm the only one who is old enough,but still lives with his parents(at least the pool says so)...Although i turned 18 about 5 days ago.Given enough time,ill get a flat somewhere and spend the rest of my existence on energy drinks,chips,and prostitutes.

Level 15
I have lived alone/with friends while at the university; however, I returned to my parents' house where I have rented their spare room.

I get along well with my family so it has been enjoyable to return to them for a while. Also, the cost of living is low so I can save money for my own place in the next year or so.

Level 17
Enh, its cool now. I get along with my mom and her relatives, and I used to get along with my father. Turns out he was the ass all along. He doesn't have many relatives who still DO talk to him anymore. he has 4 kids from 2 marriages, one of them talks to him, cause he had nothing to do with 2 of their lives, and cause he was a big factor in the ruining of me and my now ex fiance I don't talk to him, and his father and brother now don't talk to him cause he tried to put my grandfather in a home and called him senile a year ago over christmas break, all to assume my grandfathers assets. my problems with my mother were mostly due to her being inable to cope with the harassment she was getting from him while they were mid-divorce. He's an ass.

I also got harassed and accused by my highschool of "planning a school shooting" cause some jackass wrote it on a bathroom wall as a practical joke and then started a rumor that it was me and my friends and that we were serious. In addition to being pulled out of the class to talk to cops about 2x a week for about 4 months, I had to put up with people I didn't know asking me not to shoot them. They eventually caught and expelled the jackass who started it, but I never did get an apology.

So now that I've cut him out, my life has improved infinitely, and all is starting to be good and fluffy with the world. :p

No worries frostwhisper. Everyone has issues that come up that are crappy and need to be dealt with. I just happened to hit most of mine between 16 and 18. I figure I'm all paid up in life bullshit now until I'm 40.

:infl_thumbs_up:

Level 36
Yeah, and your parents shouldn't always be so maleable and weak that you're scot free as soon as you begin pleading.

If you do wrong and get in shit, you should know that, and accept your punishment because you earned it. Trying to get out of punishment just proves to them that you can't cope with it and that you didn't learn anything.

Level 34
Yeah, and your parents shouldn't always be so maleable and weak that you're scot free as soon as you begin pleading.

If you do wrong and get in shit, you should know that, and accept your punishment because you earned it. Trying to get out of punishment just proves to them that you can't cope with it and that you didn't learn anything.

Tell me, do you have any bad relationships with your parents? Tell it to your shrink Divine.

Level 17

This is true. but in the event that the parents are the ones being unreasonable, or you're being harassed and punished when you haven't done anything wrong at all, there is a chance you may decide to cut your losses, say fuck this shit, and leave. Or you may completely cut said parent out of your life permanently if they are even worse than that.

Not everyone who has conflict with their parent(s) has themself to blame for it. Sometimes some or all of the blame can rest upon the parent(s).

Level 36
Tell me, do you have any bad relationships with your parents? Tell it to your shrink Divine.

Well, Shrink, I actually have a fantastic relationship with my parents. Of course we get into arguements, there is yelling, etc. But everyone forgets about it 10 minutes after it ends. I argue with my parents like any other teenager, but since this is a normal part of a healthy relationship, I can say that i'm doing just great.

Shrink services not required, srrykthnxbye.

Level 24
I am 15 and can't wait to leave the house and go live on my own or with a friend.Due to lots of friends I might get some loads.Anyway..I wanna live alone as soon as possible.

And leaving at such a young age is a total disaster,you arent even qualified to pay bills.On the second plan,I think that many of us cant deal with a disaster ,alone.

Level 17
seriously you have to consider things before taking off at a young age. it worked for me, but it was still incredibly difficult, and a pain.

before I got my own place I lived at my best friend's house and paid rent for like 3-4 months. then I got a 1 bedroom apartment with said friend (he was 18 already) and he took the living room while i took the smaller but more private bedroom.

paying for the place was a bitch, as at 16 you probably won't be getting more than minimum wage, and around here, rent hasn't changed since i was 16 for a place, but minimum wage has gone up from $6 to almost $9. so I had to work 1.5x what I would now to make rent at minimum wage.

plus, if you're working to pay your rent you have less time for school and for a social life. you need to finish highschool to get into any sort of post secondary, and without some kind of post secondary youre stuck with shitty jobs for the rest of your natural life.

If you're gonna move out as young as I did you need to figure out alot of shit in advance, or be really lucky. I planned ahead (like for 5 months) and was lucky my best friend is such a good guy and that his family took me in for a couple months. I would have been fucked otherwise.

Moving out young you KNOW you're gonna be strapped for cash for a long time, and what alot of other people I knew who moved out young did was drop out of school to work more, and now they are still making just over minimum wage (or have totally unpredictable wages, like my friend who does tattoos and piercings), and they can't get into university cause they never finished highschool, or had really shitty marks. the most fortunate one (I knew alot of people who moved out around the same age as me) besides myself finished highschool at almost 20 instead of the 17 he would have been if he had worked harder/gone to school more.

even if you do move out, don't drop out of highschool.

This is not a decision to make without a great deal of consideration. My advice is worth quite a bit on this as I lived the situation.

Level 34
I live at home. I'm old enough to move out I suppose, but I'm still in high school. I don't plan on moving out for a while. If I do, I'd like to get a place with a friend, but that depends on how much I'll be making in a year or two. I'd like to try and go into banking, but without post-secondary education it might be hard.

Level 17
TDB as much as I love you,I must say this,quit bugging into my posts.Remember what Kaitech said?

mansion idea is nifty. but hive has people from all over the world. where would the mansion be? and also, how would we pay for it when like half of the hive are teenagers, and not all of the adults are out of school?

and then when I had a disagreement with a member over what constitutes fair use it might elevate from an argument to scrapping. that would just be weird. I've never gotting into a fight over politics before. lol

In real life I've never met someone who disagreed with me as vehemently as soem of the hive people do though.

Level 36
Because in real life there are people from places of the world that have far different outlooks on life than yours.

And no, mansion idea equals fail because 1) The site is run by a teenager 2) How the hell would we pay for everything 3) Why would we want to when we could be out living our lives 4) Who the hell would pay for everything?

That's about it.

Level 17
Because in real life there are people from places of the world that have far different outlooks on life than yours.

no, because in real life, if someone disagrees with me over some particular detail or relevence of copyright law in a specific place, it's not something they would consider important enough to start a fight with me over. because it truly doesn't effect them in the least. Just like I don't start fights with people if they think bush is a good american president. I may disagree with them, but they can still think what they want. policing people's opinions is ridiculous.

the difference is, there are a few people ive met online who think they should be able to dictate to other people what their opinions should be. often over things I don't consider terribly important, but even if I don't i'll still argue because I don't like being told what to think/believe.

and yeah, the mansion thing wouldnt work, cause of the where would it be, who would pay for it, why/how would we all go there etc.

Level 2
I still live with my mother (my father's deceased), but I will try to move to the United States to study art once I hit eighteen. It's a bit of a strange situation that I'm in though, as the Icelandic school-system doesn't mesh with any other school-system, so moving to the States means dropping early out of school here.
Seeing as I won't finish school anyway, I decided to drop out early and study art over here (and work, to try to cover the large tuition fee) so I may more easily get into an art-related program in the States. It's a bit of a risk I'm taking, but what's life without some risks? :grin: I'd rather live a bit riskily and travel around, than get absorbed into the 9-5 system once I get older. If all else fails, I'll wander and search for great spiritual masters to learn from.

Seems I'm built for wandering, since I've wandered off the topic. Sorry, about that. :zip:

Level 8
I still live with my mother (my father's deceased), but I will try to move to the United States to study art once I hit eighteen. It's a bit of a strange situation that I'm in though, as the Icelandic school-system doesn't mesh with any other school-system, so moving to the States means dropping early out of school here.
Seeing as I won't finish school anyway, I decided to drop out early and study art over here (and work, to try to cover the large tuition fee) so I may more easily get into an art-related program in the States. It's a bit of a risk I'm taking, but what's life without some risks? :grin: I'd rather live a bit riskily and travel around, than get absorbed into the 9-5 system once I get older. If all else fails, I'll wander and search for great spiritual masters to learn from.

Seems I'm built for wandering, since I've wandered off the topic. Sorry, about that. :zip:

Just wanted to say good luck, I also am not a fan of how school systems are so uncompatiable other than dropping out and restarting..

Level 27
What if us Hive members live in a mansion of gigantic proportions,where all the members have a bedroom and a PC.We could meet everyday and our parents will know that we are in good hands.
We're gonna need to glam it up before we pitch it to a TV company.
Narrator said:
We took every user from a random forum on the internet, and put them together in one house!
*dramatic clips follow*
The site is run by a teenager
He could be the father!
Ralle said:
You two stop fighting, or so help me, I'll ban you straight out on the street!
How the hell would we pay for everything
Who the hell would pay for everything?
The TV company would fund us.
Why would we want to when we could be out living our lives
Because this way we would be famous! :super-star!:
EDIT: Okay, why is there not a super-star! emoticon? -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.