• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Do you Believe In Aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
Yes, we know a lot of us think that there is other life in the universe.
Does anyone not think that there is other life in the universe?

It might take a long time, it might be in 3 hours 47 minutes and 13 seconds. Until it happens we don't know how long it will take to meet other life.

Level 26
There are other lifeforms out there BUT they can't reach us because the closest start to us is billions of light years away and it is impossible to go faster then light no matter what technology is out there.
Nothing is certain. They might have some supertechnology out there t that allows them to do such. Or they could just be single celled organisms.

Level 19
Well sometimes there do happen something strange in the sky. Like this airplane pilot http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQLNblZNDEA telling of an unidentified object in the sky. The passengers spotted it too and also some nearby radar station. The pilot estimated that the two objects were bright yellow, flat and two times the size of Boeing 737 airplane. Same kind of thing had happened in 1987 in Bass Strait Australia but afterwards nobody ever heard of the pilot again. I'm not sure did this mean that he had disappeared after he landed.

There is a chance that some of these could be just scientific phenomena in the sky but this one was also picked by the radar so... And always the government says they are weather balloons.

There is a chance Aliens would exist, but I doupt I will never find out the truth though it might be interesting.

Level 24
It is possible that they are weather balloons. It's also very possible that they are unnamed naturally occurring phenomena. For now, I'd have to say the Earth has never been graced by the presence of life that has not grown on it.

Level 24
Yeah. Blizzard kept SC2 under wraps for 4 years, it would be child's play for any government to keep cutting-edge aircraft hidden from public knowledge.

Level 23
First, The closest star isn't even 20 lightyears away from us, Gliese 581 c is about 20 lightyears from us, that could be a habitable planet. And that humans can't break the speed of light is just a theory, a theory of a genious, but still, just a theory. First we thought that you couln't break the speed of sound, what did we do? break it, the speed of light might be a hellish distance away, but it could be reached in my oppinion, Einsteins theories aren't all true, some of them are already disproved.

Level 24
You do know that people have tried to accelerate something at the speed of light, right? At a certain point, the object they used increased in mass rather than speed. Speed of light is impossible. And at the risk of sounding either ignorant or critical, which of Einstein's theories have been disproven?

Level 24
I'm pretty sure that even with the human race's enormous capability for sudden and unexpected advancements in technology, it would take millennia for humans to exceed the speed of light. Better to travel through alternate planes of existence, which are equally unlikely.

Level 24
I see no faults in that post except for "a Einstein", which is negligible. Anyways, wormholes would constitute alternate planes of existence.

Level 24
Wormholes are basically tears in the fabric of space-time, that could theoretically not only lead to other places in the universe but other time. That means either a severe distortion or alternate dimension.

Level 24
You can get by fine without logic as long as you have common sense. You can also get by fine without common sense as long as you have logic. Make sure you always have at least one, though. At any rate, this thread looks like it's died.

Level 8
We have never found life outside of life on Earth. We have found little fossilized thingies that could be long-dead microbes on Mars.

And the cold-sleep solution is the only one that is affordable and involves technology we can hope to achieve in the next century....

Posted by DarkKnight
and when there is a problem, icey man can't realy solve it can they?

The ship would have an integrated, failsafe AI that woke the crew at the first sign of trouble.

Level 5
I believe there are lifeforms that exist not on this planet

However, I don't believe these lifeforms have had any contact with humans, and, presuming they're at the same level of development as us, are probably pondering the exact same questions about life in other parts of the universe

I agree with you.

Level 26
thats not how it works myspace, I will grab he articles when you grab an article saying no life has ever been found.
Your argument is like those idiots' "debate" of which they ask atheists to prove God doesn't exist. The burden of the proof is not on me. The burden of the proof is on those who disturb the default stance, which is you.

Level 23
Hmm, I don't think people on earth would like it if people who they loved would actualy be dead when they get back to earth, wormhole or Space bending would be the best solutions, wormholes would be best, if stable that is, becouse you actualy can use it to time travel. wich is... strange and makes a human head burst of thoughts... ^^ lol, but wasn't this treat officialy decleared dead? And no there is no life found outside of earth, exept organisms that lived on earth and were shot into space by a rocket...

Level 23
That are no living organisms, it are the building blocks for living organisms yes, but not the beings themselfs, In other word, We stand firm... ^^ And Razorbrain
Never say something 100% only in very rare cases (such as with downloads) Becouse everything is (theoretically) possible, so that means that it also is possible that it doesn't exist, or on the opposite, that there is life...

Level 8
Hmm, I don't think people on earth would like it if people who they loved would actualy be dead when they get back to earth, wormhole or Space bending would be the best solutions, wormholes would be best, if stable that is, becouse you actualy can use it to time travel. wich is... strange and makes a human head burst of thoughts... ^^ lol, but wasn't this treat officialy decleared dead? And no there is no life found outside of earth, exept organisms that lived on earth and were shot into space by a rocket...

You don't seem to understand that "wormholes and space bending" are purely theroretical. We will not have those technologies for thousands of years. If we want to go into space before 4000 AD, cold sleep is the only solution.

Level 23
... You are forgetting the speed at wich technology is going, and Cold sleep is also just a theory... And the wormhole is a theory by Dr. Albert Einstein, if the wormhole theory is not correct, then we just might be able to move faster than the speed of light, and btw... MATTER/ANTI-MATTER DRIVE FTW!!!! lolz ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.