• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Man vs Wild/Ultimate Survival - Fake?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
I am a HUGE fan of this show, and Bear Grylls is very interesting and fun to watch. Out of curiosity, I searched is there any possibility that it could be fake. I was unpleasantly surprised.
(ATTENTION TO ALL BEAR GRYLLS FANS, DON'T WATCH THE VIDEO) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpSlpvb1is

I think I got an infarct when I saw that. What the hell, it seemed so real all the time. Next thing I found was AN ENTIRE SITE DEDICATED TO PROVING HE'S FAKE! http://www.daughtersoftiresias.org/bearwiki/Main_Page

I just can't believe it. If he could faked THAT much, that certainly made me stop watching the show. :goblin_cry:

Level 7
Of course it's fake lol. He does all of that fancy jumping around and showing off his athletic skills for nothing. At the beginning of the show, there's a little message which includes that he receives help from the crew as required by medical standards or something when in a survival situation. This means he's really not surviving at all, it's just a show off of all the skills that he supposedly knows. He probably gets someone to tell him exactly what to say before they shoot each scene.

Now, if you want a real survival show, go for Survivorman. That guy is surviving for real in different places around the world for a whole week. No camera crew, no food, no water, no other person with him, he's completely alone and has to survive for a whole week and film himself during the whole time by carrying around his own camera equipment. Now that's a real survival show.

Status
Not open for further replies.