• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

''An Interview with Muhammed''

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Yes, yes, there's another Islamic topic going on in the world and it's called ''An Interview with Muhammed''.

I readt about it in the news and I do say, it got a point. The critic was that it would be another anti-Islamic propaganda video, but it's not. The reason why it isn't anti-Islamic is because it's just an interview with (a fake) Muhammed. Yes, he wears a paper mask, but that doesn't mean it's his face. It's just a neutral Islamic face with no stereotypical(?) details.

The author is called Ehsan Jami and he's an ex-muslim, so he knows the things about the Islam. He's interviewing the Islamic prophet called Muhammed, which you probally know already.

For your record, I haven't yet seen the interview completely, only parts from it. From my first opinion, it showed no anti-Islamic material, just like the news said.

Everyone alike, if you are an Athiest, Christian, Jew or Firelord21- I mean Muslim or Buddhist I don't care, tell us about your opinion on this.

Youtube videos are down here.

Mirror
Mirror

Note: All text above is a first opinion of mine, I might change it when I change my mind.
Note2: Critic and talking is allowed, just keep it to the topic and no flaming.

Discuss.

Oh and there's a new browsergame: Link.

Level 35
The movie from an artistic standpoint was well made. And enjoyable in the aesthetic sense.

The content however was a rather mixed bag of nuts.

Some parts were good, and some parts were not so good, others were rather icky. On the whole however, I am allergic to nuts, so I found the thing to be rather sickening (taking into account that for Muslims, showing Muhammed in any form is a blasphemy, and realizing that I myself would not want to see Christ portrayed in a blasphemous manner)

Level 8
I don't think the anti-islamic thingy that matters. As a Muslim, I think that portraying Muhammed's the problem. It goes against our religion to picture our prophet's faces (yes, we're not allowed to draw Jesus's face, cause he's one of our prophets as well). Same deal with pretending to be Muhammed or stuff like that. If people want to ask opinions about Islam, why not ask the wide Ismalic community?

Well, that's my quick opinion. (sorry haven't watched the vid, don't got time:grin:)

Level 14
Islam's beliefs about saying stuff about profets, Islam or god are non-binding on non-Muslims. Anyone attempting to force it on others should by means other than use of their own freedom of expression (debate, etc.) should be arrested (as is the law - you cannot force things like that on people in a civilised nation).

Level 8
That is true. Well I don't know. I'm not saying there shouldn't be pictures of Jesus and stuff like that. I'm just saying maybe that's causing the stirup. Well, I'm not exactly the right person to represent the wide Islam community. (I'm just a 14 year old hey)

Level 34
Islam's beliefs about saying stuff about profets, Islam or god are non-binding on non-Muslims. Anyone attempting to force it on others should by means other than use of their own freedom of expression (debate, etc.) should be arrested (as is the law - you cannot force things like that on people in a civilised nation).
At the same time, my guess is the author of the video meant it to be a slap in the face to Islamic people, which is wrong. You should respect other peoples beliefs to an extent.

Level 14
At the same time, my guess is the author of the video meant it to be a slap in the face to Islamic people, which is wrong. You should respect other peoples beliefs to an extent.

Why should I respect other people's beliefs? If for all x such that x is a belief, I should respect it, then I should respect the belief I should be killed. If you believe that isn't the case, then you don't believe beliefs should be respected.

If you do believe beliefs should be respected, then you should respect people's beliefs on beliefs, even if they themselves disrespectful of other beliefs, they are still beliefs.

Status
Not open for further replies.