• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A List of Creepy/Mysterious metal bands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 27
So seeing as there is not any activity in this group I will just start making lists about metal like this one. This one focuses on the most creepy/eerie or just mysterious bands. (Maybe still kind of under construction)

TERRA TENEBROSA
Music | Metalbite Interview
terratenebrosa_9_10_2011_09_30_05.jpg

In a interview with dutch zwaremetalen.com one of them says that The Cuckoo (a character portrayed by the middle mask) is a figure he saw within his dreams and he sometimes tries to contact it through reaching various states of consciousness. Now this could just mean that he does drugs or something but either way you kind of have to doubt the mental stability of these guys.

HYPOTHERMIA
Music | Kim Carlsson Interview
19074_photo.jpg

The album Skogens Hjärta can be shipped with Kim's (vocalist) own blood sample.

Depressive black metal is more down-to-earth than regular satanism. But I am quite sure that these bands make their music in order to influence other people to kill themselves. The similarities with satanism seem apparent as when you google search for hypothermia there a pictures of them in robes and one with a foxes head on a stick.

PORTAL
Music Video | Portal Interview
portal.png

You thought tool had creepy videos. Not only does portal sound creepy their videos are also quite weird and disturbing reminding me of Lovecraft. Another video however has something about sewing genitalia or something that you might google for yourself, it might however also have been a fanmade thing. (Taken from a movies like "Der Todesking" and "Begotten")

GORGOROTH
Music Video | Gaahl Interview
pic-21.jpg

Gorgoroth do all the satanic and possibly insulting imagery for real in their video and also use goatheads and such on the stage in their concerts. Their singer Gaahl has once been attacked by a hitman in his own house and he (Gaahl) captured and tortured the man for an extended period of time. He is also gay which could be mentioned because this is unlikely to be accepted in the rather close minded black metal community with similar extreme ideologies. At least as far that I am aware of.

SHINING
Music Video | Kvarforth Interview
shining48.jpg

The most disturbing thing about Shining would probably be Niklas Kvarforth. Some might call him theatrical but they seem to forget about a certain controversial concert in which he handed out razorblades to the audience. In short it's the same story as Hypothermia, I am pretty sure they make their music in order for others to get depressed and kill themselves. Not to mention that Kvarforth pretty much adores GG Allen.

MAYHEM
Music | Mayhem Interview
Lucian-mayhem.jpg

The most disturbing thing about Mayhem would've been their old singer Dead. Who slept with dead bird carcasses beneath his bed because he liked the smell and that kind of thing. He was also found dead (taking his surname very seriously) as a result of killing himself with a shotgun. A bandmember found him and took a picture of the scene and it is now the cover for their album 'Dawn of the Black Hearts'. If not for that there is always their followup singer (Euronymous) wanting to kill another metaller (Varg Vikernes) only to end up being killed himself by his intended victim. Vikernes served his sentence and is now free and contineus working on his own project Burzum, which was previously a black metal band but is now more like ambient music.

Honorable mentions (Not metal perse)
GG Allen

GG Allen is not metal, in fact he hated metal. However you cant deny that his music and metal have a few things in common. He was a pretty fucked up guy in the sense that he once pooped on the stage and started throwing it at people.
Stalaggh
Appareantly they recorded their album by using real mental patients for the vocals, also one of them tried to murder them because he was obviously a mental patient. I have no idea wether this is true but the record is quite boring but I thought i'd just put this here.
Hanatarash
Sounds a bit like a japanese GG Allen only maybe worse. A dead cat being split with a machette and strapping a circular saw to your leg only to risk almost cutting it off. That kind of crazy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.