Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

The Best Rock Bands EVER!!!(and why)(top 5)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by UchihaSasuke.gr, Jun 8, 2007.

1. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Beatles
    The Most Influential rock band ever. They did it all, from the pop songs of their early days to the great rock (and meaningful) songs later on. All four of them were all great musicians and song-writers (yes, even Ringo), almost every song they wrote was good.They were the kids' most loved and they used do shows only for them.Although John Lennon was the really unlucky one who was assasinated after a concert they continued until the new death.The Beatles then ended as a band.
    Rated: 10/10[​IMG]

Led Zeppelin
    Every person in this legendary band was in the top ten of their respective instruments. John Bohnam's powerful drums have been mached by only two (in my opinion), John Paul Jones bass was at times incredible and gives him a top ten bassist spot, Robert Plants voice knew no limits, and Jimmy Page's guitar work and riff-writing leaves him to be possibly the greatest guitarist ever.He was the the writer of the songs and he was the one who organized Led Zeppelin as a band.Now they do not exist due to the death of John Bohnam.
    Rated: 10/10[​IMG]

The Who
    The Who had THE greatest drummer ever, THE greatest bassist ever, a guitarist who could excell at both rhythm and lead and was one of the most copied guitarsts in England at a time when both the Beatles and Rolling Stones were around, o yeah, and their singer was awsome too. Pete Townshend is one of the greatest song-writers ever, Keith Moon's drums continually supspened belief until his death in 1978, and Roger Daltry's rough yet pleasant voice put the icing on the cake. Best known for their onstage antics, the Who were the first to smash instruments, and were arguably the greatest performers ever. Drum sticks were flying, guitars were blasting, Daltrey would be smashing his mic. into the bass drum, while John Entwhistle hammered out basslines, never even movng an inch until the end of the show (quote,"without him we would all just take off).The Who was one of the best rock groups ever and my favourite one.I highly suggest you start listening to them.
    Rated: 20/10(my favourite one)[​IMG]

Rolling Stones

Highly influencial and highly talented, the self proclaimed, "world's greatest band" deserves a spot on anybody's top five. Keith Richards guitar playing never offered anything nobody else did, but their riffs songs were as memorable as anybody else's. "Satisfacton," is possibly the greatest Rock N' Roll song ever, as is the most famous of their very impressive vault. Mick Jagger's voice assures the bands own sound, when you here a Stnes song, you know it.They are the band that has survived the most ages(2nd is The Who)and they still make new works.Last year they published their new CD.
    Rated: 9/10[​IMG]

AC/DC
    Although lead singer Bon Scott died in 1979, AC/DC has always been able to keep that same old hard rock n' roll sound. After taking over on vocals in 1980, Brian Johnson perfected the voice that Bon Scott created, all while freak-of-nature lead guitarist Angus Young belts out some of the best riffs in history while following them up with amazing solos. Angus' school boy outfit and "spinning-on-the-ground" solos during concerts have proved them to be one of the best live bands, while Angus' brother Malcom and drummer Phil Rudd provide a strong and steady rhythm section. All while making occasional referances to their master, Satan.Angus Young and Malcom are the best school Rockboys ever.
    Rated: 9/10[​IMG]

P.S:I will soon update the thread and give you some videos of their best songs!

The topic is if you agree with my own opinion and tell yours.

2. HeretoDLstuff

HeretoDLstuff

Resources:
    Models:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Beatles is the only one ive ever heard of. O.O

3. Yearight

Yearight

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    They are okay, but they don't sound like rock in my opinion.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  4. skaterjcp

skaterjcp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Metallica is missing

5. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    OMG....

The Beatles:pop-Rock
    Led Zeppelin:Rock
    The Who:Classic Rock
    Rolling Stones:Classic Rock
    AC/DC:Hard Rock

LOL,metallica is just not good enough...

Last edited: Jun 8, 2007
  6. skaterjcp

skaterjcp

Resources:
    Resources:
    Still, Metallica is missing >_>

7. Chriz.

Chriz.

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Beatles had like, one or two good songs, the rest suck.

I love "Paint it Black" by the Rolling Stones.

8. The_wand_mirror

The_wand_mirror

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fu. metallica is heavy metal.. some say hardrock but well acctualy only they're last album 'St. anger' was a little hardrock the rest all good old metallica was pure heavy metal -.- and if you dont believe me here is the prove

9. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    No,Chriz. it seems you haven't searched it.I am not posting my own opinion(well mostly mine)but the songs of Beatles were really good...shall i say 5?
    All You Need Is Love
    She Loves You
    I Saw Her Standing There
    Yellow Submarine
    Twist And Shout
    Imagine

10. -JonNny

-JonNny

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think Led Zeppelin and The Who are not that great bands of Rock... There are more better bands imao
    The Beatles deserve the first place as you said but i am missing Deep Purple!! They made many great songs to and are very important for rock too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JkGXN0Wk8&mode=user&search=

11. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    i know that Deep Purple should have been 5th sry.The Who and Led Zeppelin are well there...believe me....:coolgrunt:

12. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    The Beatles are one of the greatest bands of all time but i wouldnt call them rock, i think they are more pop music. also they have about 20 birlliant songs, with many good ones and are one of the few artists in the world (along with micheal jackson and elton john) who can have an album of solid number 1 hits. Chriz. u may not like them but i know millions of people who do :p

most of the music by those bands is pre 1990 and i like some of it but not all of it. i personally would remove AC/DC because they havent been a major force over here like the stones, the beatles and the who have. of those bands you mentioned, apart from the beatles, i only like a few songs...less than 20 song do i like between you 4-5 top bands. i cant aruge with the beatles tho, they are amazing.

13. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Metallica is thrash metal.

14. Deathell

Deathell

Resources:
    Resources:
    +1...

15. Gausslander

Gausslander

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I think you just caused a riot in England, WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING WHEN YOU SAID THAT

And I hate all Classic Rock except for the beatles and Elvis, YOU DUDES ROOL, SILVER BULLET!

16. GST_Nemisis

GST_Nemisis

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    we already got our clubs, pitch forks and baseball bats with scissors glued to them at the ready.

17. lorothrigs

lorothrigs

Resources:
    Resources:
    1. Led Zeppelin
    2. The Beatles
    3. Pink Floyd
    4. The Who
    5. Metallica

18. Deathell

Deathell

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyways, here's my list...
    1. Metallica
    2. Slayer
    3. Red Hot Chili Peppers
    4. The Offspring
    5. Megadeth

19. UchihaSasuke.gr

UchihaSasuke.gr

Resources:
    Resources:
    i will only agree with lorothrings if he removed Metallic:)
    Did u seE?Most of you like New Rock which is not good and here is a list why it is not good:

-You can't hear the Bass Players in Most of Songs
    -Not good Solos
    -The put much effort on the singer and not the instruments
    -They talk about useless things.Bands like Rolling Stones and The Who had lyrics with real stories of life and stories about life in general.

20. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Metallica fulfill all of your four conditions. And Iron Maiden owns your bands in all of them.