• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Best METAL/PURE ROCK BANDS List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi everyone...
This is a list of the best METAL/ROCK bands arround the world:
(not by order of coolness)

-IronMaiden (they ROCK)
-Metalica
-Man'O'War
-Apocalyptica (Acustic Metal (I know I know... It sounds a bit strange xD))
-Dream Evil
-Pantera
-Scorpions
-AC/DC (Soy i couldn't find the lightning, If anyone has the alt code for the lightning PLS post it here)
-Deep Purple
-Led Zepplin
-System Of A Down
-Anti Flag (We need more like this guys to tell "Cummunity Simply SUCKS")
-The Clash
-children of bodom
-Arch Enemy
-Alice Cooper
-Slayer
-Pink Floyd
-Nirvana
-Motorhead
-Guns N' Roses
-Def Leppard
-Motley Crue
-Judas Priest
-Skid Row
-Anthrax
-Dream Theater (Some of their musics hown like "The Ministry Of Lost Souls" Im only 15 years old and this music still takes me back in time (i really dont know why))
-Opeth
-Rise Against
-Cradle of Filth
-MegaDeth
-In Flames
-Bad Religion
-The Offspring (How could i have forgot this one ^^')
-Yngwie J Malmsteen's rising force
-Queensryches
-Tarot
-Lamb Of God
-MoonSpell (I personaly dont like them too much, But i gotta recognize that its a preety good band :) )
-Helloween
-Twisted Sister
-Kamelot
-Hammer Fall
-DragonForce
-David Bowie (this is OOOLLLLLDDDDD :) )

You can contribute too by posting here the names of your favourite Metal/Rock Bands, and if theyr worth it i will post theyr names here :).

Rules: NO NEW AGE CRAPPY ROCK/METAL AND NOTHING RELATED WITH RAP.

Last edited:
Level 36
A lot of the bands you listed aren't metal and/or suck. Nirvana is not metal. Pink Floyd is definitely not metal.

Pure rock is fictional. There is no such genre. Floyd is psychadelic, Nirvana is grunge.

If we're going strictly by metal (And chances are we're going to get into a massive discussion about what's metal and what's not metal), then chalk up King Diamond, In Flames, Tool and Cradle of Filth.

Level 9
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden

Btw, Led Zeppelin is not metal. As a hardcore zep fan, i assure you, led zeppelin is NOT heavy metal.

Level 4
when it comes to genres of music and music altogether
Wikipedia is not reliable

Rules: NO NEW AGE CRAPPY ROCK/METAL AND NOTHING RELATED WITH RAP.
-Slipknot
lol I find it funny since Corey Taylor raps in quite a lot of songs

anyway some more good bands with their corresponding genres:
Rise Against (melodic hardcore/punk rock)
Killswitch Engage (metalcore)
Funeral For A Friend (Post-hardcore/emocore/punk rock)
Pearl Jam (grunge/alternative rock/post-grunge)
Foo Fighters (alternative rock/post-grunge)
Blink-182 (pop-punk/alternative rock)
Arma Angelus (Metalcore/Hardcore Punk) comprised of Fall Out Boy members before they sold out to mainstream superstardom and became "pop punk"
Racetraitor (Metalcore/Hardcore Punk/Grindcore)
Fugazi (Punk Rock/Post-hardcore/"Emo") <-- apparently the forerunner of the emo scene, back in the days when emo was just a little bit more of Hardcore with experimental styles
Homegrown (Pop-Punk/Alternative Rock)
Rage Against the Machine (Rap Metal/Alternative Metal)
Avenged Sevenfold (Metalcore)
Atreyu (Metalcore)
The Cure (Alternative rock with some progressive/experimental influences)
Lostprophets (Metal? they sound awesome nonetheless)

so yeah I go for a lot of things that are Punk Rock, Alternative Rock, and Metal

Last edited:
Level 4
To tell you: all nu-metal is about rap and such.
that is an understatement
Corey Taylor of Slipknot does quite a lot of melodic singing and growling as well more than rapping
David Draiman of Disturbed doesn't rap
Jonathan Davis of Korn sings more melodically but yes he does some rapping and beatboxing..

oh and yeah.. forgot to add

Korn (Nu Metal with a lot of experimental styles)
Disturbed (Nu Metal/Hard Rock/Heavy Metal)
Bullet for My Valentine (Sounds like an emo stereotype? Fuck NO! they're awesome)

Level 4
lyrics don't solely define a genre, which is one of the main misconceptions of the emo stereotype, I mean we've got a band like Panic! At the Disco who's materials are either Baroque-pop or Electronica and then, we've got Funeral for a Friend who's materials are Metallic/hardcore and there united just cause of one thing, the lyrics, I think its pathetic, I mean, if a genre was defined by lyrical content, Nirvana was fucking metal! or some violent form of Psychedelic Rock in someway.. its all a fucking mainstream stereotype that ruins Rock music as a whole.

and I guess Disturbed may not be nu-metal but I gotta disagree for the Hard Rock part or atleast maybe just hard rock influences

oh and Grave Digger is kinda cool dude I've listened to a song of theirs, Valhalla

edit: for this threads sake, my next post will probably just be some more bands, before any flaming or more argument happens..

Last edited:
Level 4
Slipknot, all the metalcore stuff. Metalcore is an emo genre, except it's worse than emocore because it has so much screaming.
I believe its called growling as screaming is more of high-pitched and less "gutty" (compare killswitch engage/slipknot growl to fall out boy/rise against scream) but yeah I like it with more growling thats why I'm in to a lot of metalcore and post-hardcore
though at times it does tend to get annoying and unnecessary

Level 36
I believe its called growling as screaming is more of high-pitched and less "gutty" (compare killswitch engage/slipknot growl to fall out boy/rise against scream) but yeah I like it with more growling thats why I'm in to a lot of metalcore and post-hardcore
though at times it does tend to get annoying and unnecessary

There's a big difference though. Listen to Rise Against and then listen to Bullet For My Valentine. The screaming is completely different.

Level 10
Ill Niño
Rammstein
Disturbed
Deathstars
Drowning Pool
In Flames
KoRn
Lok (not metal, they are in fact 'Oi!')
Lillasyster (and these are hardcore)
Mokoma
Sepultura
Soil
Soilwork
Sparzanza
Static-x

I didn't read the list of bands/artists and did not read the comments either but i decided to put up a list of my favorite bands/artists.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Okay, the only metal bands worth listening to :

Mastodon
Meshuggah & Sol Niger Within
Rammstein
Deftones (but they're not really into metal anymore)
Ministry
A little bit of melodic death (Children Of Bodom etc)

That's pretty much all, the rest cannot be decently listened to past the teenage crisis - or nostalgic trips from time to time.

I highly suggest to all the people of taste in search for heavy music that is at the same time powerfull AND refined, simple but efficient and cliché-less to turn themselves to post-metal, post-hardcore, sludge, stoner, mathrock, mathcore, drone, experimental black metal and other genre - NO, not prog metal.

Tell me if you want band names.

CYD

CYD

Level 4
Deftones still make awesome metal, dunno what you're on about. Heard Mein? Yeah, metal.

And what's wrong with prog metal? Tool is mighty progressive and it's total win. There is SOME progressive stuff out there that doesn't suck ass.

Deftone's latest album range from atmospheric post-metal to post-rock, with some tracks that one could almost qualify trip-hop. They're not just "basic" metal, that's what I wanted to express.

And for prog metal, Tool is a very good example ; intellectual, scolar, boring.

Level 14
You did NOT just say Tool is boring. I might have to go medieval on your ass if you don't take it back.

If you don't understand it that's fine, but don't insult it.

EDIT: How the hell is Offspring on the list on the first page? Fine if you're adding crappy bands then here:

Europe
Mötley Crüe
Quiet Riot
Ratt
Helix
Stryper
Warrant
Poison
Guns N' Roses
Winger
Pearl Jam
Alice in Chains (not crappy)
Soundgarden
Hole
Stone Temple Pilots

Level 36
Deftone's latest album range from atmospheric post-metal to post-rock, with some tracks that one could almost qualify trip-hop. They're not just "basic" metal, that's what I wanted to express.

And for prog metal, Tool is a very good example ; intellectual, scolar, boring.

Tool isn't boring, and they're clearly a mix of alt. metal now and math metal in their older stuff.

Boring?! They have the best drummer alive in that band. Tool's music is anything but boring.

I'd also like to say that The Offspring is a punk rock band, not this hard/pure rock stuff you people are into, and they are kind of old, having been around since the mid-90's and are still awesome as hell.

PS Pearl Jam doesn't suck Arve :p

Level 5
Not a bad list, Iron Maiden rocks(plus they're coming to Serbia on the 10th of February <3333), but i've got to say: WTF, no Sonata Arctica??????

Level 13
So wait... What genres is this topic for again? Coz some I got is:

Rytmihäiriö - Not quite sure where I'd put it.
Turmion Kätilöt - Industrial Metal
Wild Cherry - Funk/Rock
Tenacious D - Satirical Rock
I got more but I won't list them at the moment.

Level 5
l_395af9d4a77d4abd81583b38e2a5bc0c.jpg

CYD

CYD

Level 4
I'm truly sorry brad, but I'm gonna have to stick to my opinion.

I mean, what if I make a 4 hours long film filled with nothing, just artsy-farcy crap and no action, you're certainly gonna find it oring .. now what if, when these words come out of your mouth, I start yelling "WTF WTF U CANT SAY THAT OMG THIS IS NOT AN OPINION I FORBID YOU TO SAY THAT MY FILM IS PURE GENIOUS TAKE IT BACK" ?

Unless hiveworkshop.com is a prog-tature, I have the right to find Tool boring - period.

Oh, and for the whole best drummer thing ; just watch Dream Theater, they're supposed to have the best everything-ist in their band, and they're just -1,2,3- boring.

Level 2
My favorite metal bands:
Kamelot
Sabaton
Elvenking
Iron Maiden
Nightwish
Sonata Arctica
Hammerfall
Korpiklaani
Rhapsody of Fire
Turisas
Ensiferum

Edit: And I cannot believe I forgot: Blind Guardian!

Level 14
I'm truly sorry brad, but I'm gonna have to stick to my opinion.

I mean, what if I make a 4 hours long film filled with nothing, just artsy-farcy crap and no action, you're certainly gonna find it oring .. now what if, when these words come out of your mouth, I start yelling "WTF WTF U CANT SAY THAT OMG THIS IS NOT AN OPINION I FORBID YOU TO SAY THAT MY FILM IS PURE GENIOUS TAKE IT BACK" ?

Oh, and for the whole best drummer thing ; just watch Dream Theater, they're supposed to have the best everything-ist in their band, and they're just -1,2,3- boring.

So you just disregard anything that isn't head-banging generic bullcrap? Ok, that's good to know.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're not allowed to have your opinion, just that your opinion is crap and you haven't given any reason why.

You can't actually comment on the musicality of Tool or Dream Theater, all you know is that they're boring.

Anyway, my opinion is that you're stupid. But hey, it's my opinion, doesn't make it true.

PS Pearl Jam doesn't suck Arve :p

You're right, I liked them... 12 years ago. :p

EDIT: Some more for the list that I forgot:

Ozzy Osbourne (Solo w/ Randy Rhoads)
Cream
CSNY (Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young)
Jefferson Airplane
Carlos Santana
Van Halen (No Sammy Hagar.. I hate that guy)
Pink Floyd
Weezer
Buckethead (Can't believe I forgot him)

Status
Not open for further replies.