• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DIIIW Inventory

Level 17
Also, what is the size of the item in the texture? Is it 64x64px, so I can use any normal dimensions, or not?

I dont think i understand that exactly. But i think your asking if the slots in the texture is 64x64, and the answer to that is yes. The inventory slots aswell as the equipment slots on the texture is all 64x64.

And how the hell can I get the texture thing to work now?^^

You cant get the texture to work? :S
Just attach it to the model that is made for the FSI texture? :0
Im 100% sure i gave you that model.

You cant get the texture to work? :S
Just attach it to the model that is made for the FSI texture? :0
Im 100% sure i gave you that model.
Which of the three?

you can use an icon's texture, if you use replaceable texture 32, and use the icon texture path, but for that you would need, THIS model:
I know, the question was not about replacing the 64*64px model skin, but about how to make his D3W Skin to work.

Level 17
All textures is like that. They always have same height as width.
It is the custom model used for it that makes the texture appear right.

BTW, the models name is:
InventoryPlaneGroundV2.mdl

That model will make the texture appear right, and you do not have to rescale it either i think.

LTGH, my editor says Cannot load model "InventoryPlaneGroundV2.mdl".
And about the auto resizing multiboard: Its nearly finished, there is only one awkward bug I got to fix.

If you want to help me and know vJass, feel free to post your suggestions here.

CW_CI8.png

Just thought about something. Is this inventory going to support the picking up of auto-consumed items(such as tomes and the D3W spheres) even when the inventory is full? I sure do hope so.
Can be made with a little optional module. (Addon)

i know its going fast ^^ for one day to another you made the set items and next day you fixed the bug.. amazing work keep it up
Yeah, thanks :)

Well, its not a big deal since its mostly one small pickup check on the InventoryEventHandler module.
I could also allow this setting as constant value by default.

Btw
JASS:
        set ci = CreateCustomItem('ratf')
        [set ci.stack = x]
        [set ci.dmg = 15]
        [set ci.dest = 'coat']
        [set ci.icon = "ReplaceableTextures\\CommandButtons\\BTNClawsOfAttack.blp"]
        [set ci.name = "Clawns of Attack +15"]
        [set ci.desc = "This item increases your damage \nby 15 if carried."]
These are the required values I need right now to create a new item which can be used by my system.
The [] stuff is optional, while it would look bad if you have default on everything :p.

PurplePoot also has made an UnitParser that saves all the stuff in one hashtable, and hopefully he does the same for items too. Then you only have to add the bonuses and maybe the dest (Icon destructable) on your own.

JASS:
        set is = CISet.create()
        call is.addReq('rat6', 1)
        call is.addReq('rat9', 1)
        set is.str = 4
        call is.setOnCheckFunc(test)
This actually makes an ItemSet which has the condition that the function called test returns true, and if the owner of the unit has atleast one item of type rat6 (Claws of Attack +6) and atleast one of type rat9 (Claws of Attack +9) he gets 4 bonus strenght! Isn't that cool?^^

JASS:
        set fi = CreateForgeItem('ratc')
        call fi.addReq('rat9', 1)
        call fi.addReq('rat3', 1)
This actually creates one item of type ratc (Claws of Attack +12) combined from one +3 and one +9 Claws of Attacks item.

This is also good for the pickupModule, which is now able to hook and to act before the actual eventHandler is reacting.
While this means nothing at the moment, you will see it on work what this means exactly.

This makes EventHandling faster, save and more flexible. :)

Last edited:
Level 7
It would make more sense for the multiboard to have red text or something. One extra trackable per item isn't really worth it. As for items I think you forgot a spot for requirements? Or should that just be included in the item description?

Level 8
btw... [LINK REMOVED]
:D

Also, our inventory will also use the interface from diablo 3, and the thread you linked to only contained pictures, and that doesnt tell us anything at all. I didnt even like it that much..

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 17
I dont understand why everyone wants to make a diablo 3 inventory now.. i mean seriously, as fast as people heard about us getting a new one, i have seen ATLEAST 3 different people working on a new diablo 3 inventory, all using the same interface from diablo 3 aswell.. t_t

Anyway, this thread is about anachrons inventory, and no one elses.. i removed the link becouse it may draw people attention away from this thread only becouse that inventory looked good..

Level 19
Dude, to clean some thing up:
The items need destructables for the icon.
With another module I can implement the disabled stuff aswell.
I redid about 40% of the inventory the last 2 days, so its kinda fast now.
(Removed much loops, its really fast and flexibel (save) now. )

You should probably update your game to the latest version and see how it performs. It was a odd patch. It probably affected something regarding trigger execution.

Level 12
I dont understand why everyone wants to make a diablo 3 inventory now.. i mean seriously, as fast as people heard about us getting a new one, i have seen ATLEAST 3 different people working on a new diablo 3 inventory.

just want to tell you that not all started their inventory after this.. and most people just make an interface and never get it finished. I dont believe all those people who will make a FSI will finish it.

btw anachron im glad that you optimized the code ^^ to make it even faster.. in e.g TKoK it takes 1-2 seconds before you can see an item's stats

Level 17
just want to tell you that not all started their inventory after this.. and most people just make an interface and never get it finished. I dont believe all those people who will make a FSI will finish it.

btw anachron im glad that you optimized the code ^^ to make it even faster.. in e.g TKoK it takes 1-2 seconds before you can see an item's stats

When i look on thread dates, pretty much all of them is about 3-18 days AFTER we announced that we will replace our inventory in d3w. And we announced that looong ago, just so you know.

Anyway, lets stop talking about this ^_^ its just useless and wont contribute to the topic at all :p

You should probably update your game to the latest version and see how it performs. It was a odd patch. It probably affected something regarding trigger execution.
I can't, I don't have internet at home. However, I am sure they fixed the build-qeue only stuff.

Of course, now its using tables, meaning no more needless loops. Direct access, fast functions.

When i look on thread dates, pretty much all of them is about 3-18 days AFTER we announced that we will replace our inventory in d3w. And we announced that looong ago, just so you know.
Its pretty much like that. I've announced officially in september of the last year that I am going to make a FSI. Some said good idea, I will make one too. Thats horrible.

However, most of them won't finish or do that much as I already did at all.

Where will you show the triggers? how you did that?
I didn't released it yet. I am really sorry, but good things take their time.

Edit:
CloudWolf has already stated that he'll do the daunting task to actually recreate all of the items anew for this new inventory. Since Anachron said it would be easy to do it shouldn't be a problem.
Actually, I was going to use an object parser which does create the stuff which is required automaticly. However, there are still some things left. It will maybe take a while, but when its set up, you will see how flexibel it is and how well it performs.

Thanks again for all the feedback and for your patience!

Last edited:
New bump!
Finally redid the sucking Window implementation.
Now its easier to add your own slots to the system.
You can now add for example another package of slots which interact with the normal slots as well.

Also, I finally managed to totally remake the Eventsystem. This means you can now hook events and make addons for it.

Additionally, you can now drop item WHEREVER they are carried! Equipped items can exactly be dropped as items in slots only or in potion slots! This means you do not have to drag them to a free slot first!

Also, the item selection is now even better! As long as you do actions, after every action the selection is cleaned. Actions for example:
(Un)Equipping items
Selecting items
Switch item places
etc.

You can see a screenshot here:
CI_WIP_1.png

Please guys, I need comments.

IMPORTANT! :D
I will work now on the last module before the beta! When I've finished it and tested it for bugs, I will release the beta. :)