• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DIIIW Inventory

Level 8
what about %of mana stolen per hit? :p
it was a diablo 2 feature (thats why i suggest it), but its not in wc3 :(
i know its kinda a user thing, but life and mana leech make a diablo feeling :p

well my suggestion: could you please make an overview of what bonuses you will add to the (diablo) system, so that we kinda know what we can still suggest and what is missing

Level 8
maybe... trading items with a player (or shop^^)
just the idea that both players can see the other players inventory and tell them if they got any good items, that they want

cause you know.. if one guy picks up thousands of items, nobody in the team knows what he got

so: some ninja looter comes, grabs all items for your class and sells them
and you just stand there - naked - and say WTF?!

Dude, thats horrible hard to make. I did a lot to just show the inventory to one player, so I guess I have to start from scratch with a new fullscreen menu.
And remember: I use one rect only for every inventory. So if you see yours and see the other ones, they will interact. I guess there could be a workaround, but not now.

What is really easy is to make an multiboard that displays every item the other one has. Is that good enough?

Level 8
I uploaded a pic that shows you how i imaged a simple trade window

seriously imposible?

Attachments

• CI_WIP_2.png
    CI_WIP_2.png
    967.1 KB · Views: 120
Level 8
like items in diablo (ofc!)
all items got a durability and when you use them (eg. attack with sword, or get attacked and block with armor) they lose durability

thats why you always do the 'repair all item' button on the shops in diablo :p

E: i think items dont get destoyed in d2, but im not sure... they are unusable with 0 durability however

Level 12
items that has 0 durability can still be equipped, however they dont give any bonuses until they are repaired* Also it dont lose 1 durability each time you get attacked/attacks they lose a little little bit and then after some time its broken.

Last edited:
Level 12
do we need to have any knowledge about modules to use this ? or only a little bit about structs and . syntax?
btw whats the difference between a struct and a module ? and whats
JASS:
readonly integer i
- for example

i know its abit offtopic but i hope that you can explain it to me :)

You need to know how structs work.
Modules are pieces of structs that get added when implemented. So basically, you add the methods / members to the structs I've made.

readonly means you can only read a value, while when you are trying to set it,
you get an error.

JASS:
// CORRECT:
call BJDebugMsg(I2S(test.i))

// FAIL:
set test.i = 0

Level 12
Now i have learned some basic jass im going to take the step further and learn about structs and methods. I already know how to create a struct and methods and how to use them. I just haven't found anything useful for it yet.

And thanks for the readonly explaining. Lol i just saw now that its "read only" :p

EDIT: also could you do something like: X% chance per attack/getattacked to cast an ability. (the ability must be a unit and point target.)

EDIT2: ok these might no be avaible to make but. What about doing like "ignore attacked units defense" the unit with this item equipped will deal their damage in life and ignores the armor. And -X% target defense per attack. Same principle but not 100% ignore.

Last edited:
Level 17
Are you guys going off-topic, or am i just confused? To me it sounds like anachron is teaching Catch_ya how to use jass? xD

Im not really sure if its off-topic or not.. but i dont get it anyway. Everytime in like "yey, new post" and when i enter the topic, i dont find anything at all D:

Level 12
Are you guys going off-topic, or am i just confused? To me it sounds like anachron is teaching Catch_ya how to use jass? xD

Im not really sure if its off-topic or not.. but i dont get it anyway. Everytime in like "yey, new post" and when i enter the topic, i dont find anything at all D:

Im sorry for that. I just knew that Anachron knew what those jass stuff was. But as you can see above I also gave 2 suggestions to get back to topic.

EDIT: also could you do something like: X% chance per attack/getattacked to cast an ability. (the ability must be a unit and point target.)
This has nearly nothing to do with inventory system at all. Hell yeah, you can easily add it, however, I am not really taking this as an suggestion, since I said a lot of times that events can easily be modified / added / edited / hooked / whatever.

EDIT2: ok these might no be avaible to make but. What about doing like "ignore attacked units defense" the unit with this item equipped will deal their damage in life and ignores the armor. And -X% target defense per attack. Same principle but not 100% ignore.
Well, I would need to use a DD system then. It isn't really belonging to inventories at all. However, I think this is cool, but it is really, as the above thing, totally easy implementable so I guess I ignore this. :)

Level 8
meh, i always think about 2 things, that i want to tell you, but usually i forget them, when im here :p

remembered one!
maybe, maaaybe you should compare the items in your inventory to your currently equiped ones
thats a common thing in most games, though it might be a bit confusing

oh yeah and the other thing: can you calculate the DPS a weapon would deal? makes it much easier to know for people, which weapon would make more damage
(either the.. helbard of slaughtering with +100 attack, but slowing attack, or the double rapiers of raping with +20 attach, but awesome attack speed)
:p

maybe, maaaybe you should compare the items in your inventory to your currently equiped ones
Hmmm good idea. I will need something like an board and an item stack.

(either the.. helbard of slaughtering with +100 attack, but slowing attack, or the double rapiers of raping with +20 attach, but awesome attack speed)
:p
Sure! :)

i dont think you can display 2 multiboards at the same time, can you?
No, I will display information of first item on above, make an horizontal line and then the other item down.

well anyway, for the dps you need to get the heroes attack speed :p
can you do that?
No, but I can check how much % the item gives at bonus speed and then calculate the new dmg increase.