• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DIIIW Inventory

Level 7
From watching the video, it doesn't really matter. Those textures are from the regular wc3 mpq anyways. It's mostly blizzard's work. They are orc no-inventory slots for the disabled icons. And for the background it seems like dialog borders which again is just wc3 textures.

If you want I can produce some newer skins/textures to make it really fancy once it's released.

Last edited:
Level 14
Someone removed that inventory system.

However, if anyone knows the source, I will give credit for it.
Also, those models have been around for ages, and I want to get constructive critism instead of discussions about crediting anyone.

I'm not 100% sure but it could be this one it's from

http://zibada.ru/fsgui/

(link is safe I promise)

Level 19
Even they seem not to be the source. However, thanks for your efford.

I'm wondering, will your system detect hovering your mouse over slots? It would perhaps be a good idea if hovering over specific slots could describe what it actually does etc. However clicking would suffice anyway.

Also, will your system be able to handle using potions similar to our inventory? Like I equip it in your inventory and it automatically gets into the heroes inventory?

Anyway, gj on it so far. Impressive work.

Level 17
I'm wondering, will your system detect hovering your mouse over slots? It would perhaps be a good idea if hovering over specific slots could describe what it actually does etc. However clicking would suffice anyway.

Also, will your system be able to handle using potions similar to our inventory? Like I equip it in your inventory and it automatically gets into the heroes inventory?

Anyway, gj on it so far. Impressive work.

He use trackables so hovering will work :)
And according to him, the potions would be easy to fix :p

Level 17
i don't know if it's been said before, but the thing that came to mind when i was looking at the d3 inventory was, why exactly is the hero displayed there? attachment systems aren't used - he always stays exactly the same, what's the point?
just wondering.

Would look worse with a empty space in the middle of the inventory ;-)
And for a while, we were actually planning to use attachment weapons! :0
And if i dont remember it wrong, someone (cant remember the name) was working on a custom model for that barbarian skin we use, and when that is done, we will have custom models for all heroes, that means that we wont loose any file size for removing the weapons, becouse we will already have custom models anyway.
So maybe, at some point, we will add attachments..

Level 17
I mentioned that we only needed a custom model for the barbarian skin we are using.
We already have models & skins for all heroes except the barbarian, we only have the skin but i heard that there will be a custom model for the skin aswell.

Level 8
:p

how is the progress anyway?

and would it be possible to add attachments to that hero model in an easy way? i guess not, since its not a unit... (unless you screw the system and make a new place for every player with that unit changed and blah - hope you got the point)
but its not important anyway, just good to know

Level 12
its very easy, you make a string called effects and set them to the path, and make another string to make head/chest/foot/hand in it, and then attach it

maybe its a little bit complicated, but if you know how to set it up then its easy. Since i heard that anachron uses modules then he could make a module for it (maybe). Or a module for something ToadCop made called "add silence ability" this added an ability to the unit but the unit cannot see the ability.

how is the progress anyway?

I also asked Anachron about that and he said about 70% but thats a couple of days ago now.

I also asked Anachron about that and he said about 70% but thats a couple of days ago now.
Yes, I am very far. Redid some big areas of the system.
Thinking about adding ItemSets and then releasing the first version.

Since i heard that anachron uses modules then he could make a module for it (maybe).
Exactly, will not be very hard.

Level 14
I love your idea! keep up the good work. hope we can see something cool. /subscribed

*just my opinion*
im wishing for a FSI that has large bag/inventory, item equipping with attachments and most important: crafting/item combination :)

anywayz +repped

Level 20
Reffering to MortAr-

166837-albums2159-picture19887.gif

Well, I currently have added an protected module which is required atm, it sets booleans whether an item is locked / equipped. Locked items are not able to stack, forge, or be used in any other way. Equipped means that an item has been applied to be carried.

However, the ItemSets work very smooth, I just have one small mistake I've to fix.

I soon will test consumeable items, I think there lay some hidden problems I did not think of.

Level 3
Good job mon, it's great you're making such progress! :thumbs_up:

--
So The_Silent is no longer in the team? Is anyone making spells/icons currently?

Is dansaDisco still in the team? I haven't seen him around since months?! What happened to him??

A bit offtopic but these questions sprang in my mind... =)

Could there be a feature to make the potions automatically move to the potion belt? :D

Your inventory gets more epic by the update. xD
Sure, but then you have to manually set the item to be potion.
local CustomItem ci = CustomItem.create('Item')
call ci.potion = true

If you want I will add that.

The total ignore move
Raggnarokh, this is the completly wrong forum. Please post in the Diablo 3 Warcraft Map Thread or somewhere else.

Level 3
This is plain stupid, my german friend! As if this subforum is populated by hundreds and hundreds of users and not just a small friendly company? What's the big deal with just adding a " Ps " to your post and answering few simple questions? I strongly disapprove your behaviour.

This is plain stupid, my german friend! As if this subforum is populated by hundreds and hundreds of users and not just a small friendly company? What's the big deal with just adding a " Ps " to your post and answering few simple questions? I strongly disapprove your behaviour.
I have atleast twice said discussions which are out of topic shouldn't take place here. This is for the inventory only.
Many people do this as you do, and make ontopic forums offtopic. This is really annoying. I did not open this thread without a reason, I created it to keep the Inventorytalk into this thread, and nowhere else.

Also there is a rule in the Rule section which tells you offtopic talks in threads are not accepted.

I could add 1000ns of ps to my messsages, however, I am not willing to, because other people also start offtopic talks and its real reason gets lost.

On the other hand, what is so difficult to just post in the correct belonging thread as to debate about the rules that are clear and which I assumed everyone to take care of?

Please only discuss here about the inventory itself. Thanks.

(Btw, I am making the Multiboard for displaying the iteminformation)

Level 8
yes :)

i just guess the stats that are 0 (so non existant) will not be displayed :p

you could however add 2 fields for all tooltip needs
one before the item stats and one after them

cause some people might like to write a tooltip, then have the stats and then have some story or information about that items

although its probably not needed in most cases and i guess some semi-skilled jassers can add this feature on their own... but not all

another suggestion:
make the potions and stuff into a "quickslot" which basically means you have 6 slots, arranged like the hero inventory (the normal one) and when you add items to them, they appear as usables in your normal inventory
this way you could still have items with active abilitys :)
another interesting thing would be a different amount of quickslots/inventory slots for normal inventory if you change your belt :p
makes a lot of sense and got a bit of diablo style

i just guess the stats that are 0 (so non existant) will not be displayed :p

you could however add 2 fields for all tooltip needs
one before the item stats and one after them

cause some people might like to write a tooltip, then have the stats and then have some story or information about that items
I could do this too, but when I need to have 0 not displayed, its getting more complicated because the whole board is dynamically generated. If for some players the item is armor, for others strength its getting annoying to program. I will try my best.

make the potions and stuff into a "quickslot" which basically means you have 6 slots, arranged like the hero inventory (the normal one) and when you add items to them, they appear as usables in your normal inventory
this way you could still have items with active abilitys :)
You mean this?

another interesting thing would be a different amount of quickslots/inventory slots for normal inventory if you change your belt :p
makes a lot of sense and got a bit of diablo style
Normal inventory? Wehrm, there is a maximum of 6 slots of the normal wc3 inventory.

Sorry for bumping this, but I really need some feedback now.

I've worked on the Item Displaying Board, however, its not finished yet.
CW_CI7.png
What do you think?

I will soon make it so that only the stuff that isn't 0 is displayed, but what else do you miss?

Btw, the video to it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsEsL4pARuM

Last edited:
Level 8
Normal inventory? Wehrm, there is a maximum of 6 slots of the normal wc3 inventory.
i know... let me try to explain it :p
in your videos you have 4 quicklots..
and you could make it like this: you got no belt equiped: no quickslots at all and hero gets no inventory ability
you got a belt with... 3 slots equiped: you get 3 quickslots and the hero gets a 3 slot inventory abilty

this way its pretty easy to implement such a belt-system :p

the only thing you have to worry about are shops
how will shops be anyway? will you make a FS shop?

about the board: looks quite ok now (just the thing with the 0)
but maybe it would be better if it just says:
+3 attack
+7% attack speed

instead of
attack 3
attack speed 7

but that is a user thing anyway :p

btw you could color bonuses (+6 attack) green and maluses red (-6 attack) (ofc changable with global variable :p)

i know... let me try to explain it :p
in your videos you have 4 quicklots..
and you could make it like this: you got no belt equiped: no quickslots at all and hero gets no inventory ability
you got a belt with... 3 slots equiped: you get 3 quickslots and the hero gets a 3 slot inventory abilty

this way its pretty easy to implement such a belt-system :p
Thats pretty hard to code imho. I can do it, but that has low priority atm. Nevermind, I will add it to the ToDo-List.

the only thing you have to worry about are shops
how will shops be anyway? will you make a FS shop?
I can do it like this, but I also don't have to.

Also, the Shopping system will not be bound to CustomInventory and can be used without it aswell. :)

Edit: btw, what about the multiboard stuff? :p

about the board: looks quite ok now (just the thing with the 0)
but maybe it would be better if it just says:
+3 attack
+7% attack speed

instead of
attack 3
attack speed 7

but that is a user thing anyway :p
Yeah, but I kinda like the icon thing. Also from now on, 0 values are not displayed anymore.

btw you could color bonuses (+6 attack) green and maluses red (-6 attack) (ofc changable with global variable :p)
Great idea! :D Thanks. Gonna add that too (+rep)