• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Regarding the hotkeys. Do you want the keyboard keys to fit to the icon grid?

So "move" "stop" "hold position" and "attack" is
Q W E R ?
Though that's of course your choice as I cannot change these I would keep attack as "A" probably and set patrol to "R"

I'd then like to set the spells to SDFGH or SDFXC so they're easier to reach.

Level 8
Why? I think SDF ER CV are quite well placed for the left hand.
After all when typing correctly you should have your left hand on 'asdf' normally.

Edit: For those who are interested I could maybe add some script that can be added to the customkeys.txt
Guess that would be fine... :X

Level 19
Why? I think SDF ER CV are quite well placed for the left hand.
After all when typing correctly you should have your left hand on 'asdf' normally.

Edit: For those who are interested I could maybe add some script that can be added to the customkeys.txt
Guess that would be fine... :X

ERDSFCV would be quite confusing if they aren't arranged like the abilities themselves. It simply doesn't feel natural for me at least. If you choose QWER you'll only need to hold those buttons and nothing else. You don't need to move your fungers up and down between ERSDFCV. And it also resembles the cast key layout in World of WarCraft.

PS: you don't have to ruin any commands such as the stop button. :p

But then again, this is just my opinion.

Level 18
Well that's why you don't use A, S, H, or P (attack, stop, holdposition, patrol); anyways I find it far more natural when the hot-key is occupied by one of the letters in the ability name. Simply using Q-W-E-R I find to be more confusing in cases where two abilities share some sort of functionality, or need to be used in quick succession.

I think its entirely based on personal preference though, I'm not going to say there's a right way of doing it, but it seems to me being the really fast typer that I am that Q-W-E-R confuses things more than using letters from the ability names.

Level 9
the demo is quite good, but way too hard for 2+players. The systems are awesome, but I'd like even more hack'n'slash, not so many tuff' units. Some of them have a lot of hp, and the heroes does only have aoe spells which make just one of them hard to kill.. Please reduce the number of high-hp units :)

Level 8
the demo is quite good, but way too hard for 2+players. The systems are awesome, but I'd like even more hack'n'slash, not so many tuff' units. Some of them have a lot of hp, and the heroes does only have aoe spells which make just one of them hard to kill.. Please reduce the number of high-hp units :)

Once you level up high enough, the strong units die very easily. It all depends on which skills you choose and how you use them. And any new updates? Is this game being worked on?

Level 14
Once you level up high enough, the strong units die very easily. It all depends on which skills you choose and how you use them. And any new updates? Is this game being worked on?

Na_Dann has been offline for quite a while now on my ICQ. However I think that his life is keeping him busy from working on the map right now. But perhaps he has been working on something, dunno.

Level 2
For a leap you can use this to determine the height s= Vo*t+(0.5a)t²
"now i understand this leap system..thx i just learned this at school 3 days ago and i didn't think that school might help me until now xD"

I was impressed about the map, the phsysics are awesome and the projectile system luv them :D
the terrain also looks good but i can see that it's not "finished"

Good luck with your project!

Last edited:
Level 8
Hi there,
had some private troubles and was (and am) really stressed for my finals. So I overall didn't feel comfortable hanging on much on the PC and Mod Wc3.

But as I've passed my first test decently I may mod a bit here and there perhaps. However it'll take another month before I'm capable of spending enough time on this again.

Level 6
Hey, I was testing the map (btw, really good job, it is a nice project), and after a jump, I was stucked somewhere I should not be. I opened the map, here is the location :

attachment.php

I also made a little video so you can see exactly where I am.

Hope you won't have many problems to fix it. Good luck.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    1.8 MB · Views: 196
  • Diablo3-Bug.avi
    3.5 MB · Views: 135
Level 8
Thanks, like that kind of feedback^^
Well you shouldn't be able to jump down there in the first place. So I'll see if I forgot any pathing blockers :>

Edit:
By the way I'm running in serious problems regarding the selection system I had in mind. So that you never lose control of your hero.

First problem is something that cannot be fixed. The event for a unit selection is about 0.5 seconds delayed. That's a bit annoying.
On top of that I'm not sure if I should display a units stats inside a multiboard or not. I could do this but it drains a bit (maybe that won't really matter) more performance but also slows down working progress as I got to do a lot with arrays and saving object editor values.
So now there's the question whether it's even necessary to display the units stats within a multiboard. I mean you'll recognize how high their health, damage etc. is anyways while fighting them.

I think I'll put 1.0c up soon so you can tell me whether you like it or not. Currently I myself think it feels stubborn and yeh, I rather dislike it. Though the original idea of never losing control / selection of your hero fits the real Diablo style.

Last edited:
Level 6
TEdit:
By the way I'm running in serious problems regarding the selection system I had in mind. So that you never lose control of your hero.

First problem is something that cannot be fixed. The event for a unit selection is about 0.5 seconds delayed. That's a bit annoying.
What do you think about disabling selection for all units ?
I know a friend of mine made a system allowing you to do it, even if the unit's still targetable by spells or attacks. I remember I needed it for a system some times ago, but finally I found another solution to my problem. So I don't know if it can do what you want, but you should try. :p

Here is the system : SetUnitSelection.

Hope you'll find a solution. ;-)

Good luck.

Level 19
  • Selection - Select Heroes[(Player number of (Triggering player))] for (Triggering player)
  • Custom script: if ( GetLocalPlayer() == GetTriggerPlayer() ) then
  • Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
  • Game - Disable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
  • Custom script: endif
Taken out of context but that's basically it. :p

Level 8
Oh didn't know s.th. like this exists. Gonna try it out, +Rep!
Edit: Must spread first ;p

Edit2: Hmm I'm yet not able to deactivate de-selection with those two functions. And when I use EnableSelect(false,false) I cannot select any unit or still all. But being able to have the hero selected and deny any attempt of selecting any other unit doesn't seem possible.

Edit3:
Only way I could go now is by making it periodic. Every 0.04sec the hero is selected in case another unit is selected. :/
But periodic stuff like that always costs a fair amount of performance and is never the "good" way to do it ^^

Last edited:
Level 10
Keep in mind that this mod is the best Diablo 3 mod available. The others are surely GREAT modes too, especially with terrain (they really rock). But your mod have an epic gameplay, first time i've seen in WC3. You update really slow (i understand youre busy, i just graduated last year), and im a bit impatient :) I hope you'll make items like you did on your first demo :( -why did you remove them anyway?-
Good job

Level 14
Keep in mind that this mod is the best Diablo 3 mod available. The others are surely GREAT modes too, especially with terrain (they really rock). But your mod have an epic gameplay, first time i've seen in WC3. You update really slow (i understand youre busy, i just graduated last year), and im a bit impatient :) I hope you'll make items like you did on your first demo :( -why did you remove them anyway?-
Good job

It looked awful and just took up space.

Level 8
Well in the end those weapons weren't even the best visually. Of course some weapons fit and look awesome but many of them are out of proportion, have weird lighting, have a bad attachment spot and I haven't got icons for most of these weapons.
On top of that it is incredible much work downloading, importing and testing all these models. That was a whole bunch of wasted time for me :/

Level 6
Well, map making is about experiments and wasting countless hours, days even weeks. But as i said, you know better. I enjoy everything you make.
By the way, single player can be easier i think.

I'm pretty sure that if he had time, he would waste it on this :p
Exams suck! Luckily, i only got tests to do XD

Selection problem:
I think i'm gonna try to make that selection-thingy :D
Just wait... hmm... half an hour at max XD

EDIT:

• Initialization
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Enable selection and deselection functionality (Disable selection circles)
      • Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
      • Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)
  • Selection Refresh
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.01 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • Unit Not equal to SelectedUnit
        • Then - Actions
          • Selection - Select Unit for Player
          • Set SelectedUnit = Unit
        • Else - Actions
  • Unit Selected
    • Events
      • Player - Player Selects a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Triggering unit) Not equal to Unit
    • Actions
      • Set SelectedUnit = (Triggering unit)
Just change the periodic timer to something else :)
Should work. But i think you would need to create a lot of player specific variables... lol...
Forgot to take that into account before making the trigger. But i guess you would be able to modify it for your needs ^^

BED TIME!! 8D!

Last edited:
Level 8
Thanks for the effort but I code my stuff in JASS and know how to do that. It's just not possible the way I want to do it... as always you gotta make a compromise when working with the world editor :X

And the compromise currently is doing it periodically which is always bad performance wise x.x

Level 6
Thanks for the effort but I code my stuff in JASS and know how to do that. It's just not possible the way I want to do it... as always you gotta make a compromise when working with the world editor :X

And the compromise currently is doing it periodically which is always bad performance wise x.x

That sucks :/
Then just set it to every 0.08?
And if it saves anything, set condition to only do it when it's not selected?

Sorry for bad english atm, i'm in a hurry :p

Level 6
I think that running "Select unit" periodacally is not as performance-demanding. The only problem here would be "flashes", when you select another unit, you will see it selected for a very short time. (Since warcraft is running at 60 FPS, selecting unit 60 times a second should be enough :grin:)

Well, it shouldn't take that much.
But it adds to a glass. And if that glass pretty much is full. It starts fill over.

But in the worst case, the flashing unit is acceptable. It has to >:O

Level 19
Oh didn't know s.th. like this exists. Gonna try it out, +Rep!
Edit: Must spread first ;p

Edit2: Hmm I'm yet not able to deactivate de-selection with those two functions. And when I use EnableSelect(false,false) I cannot select any unit or still all. But being able to have the hero selected and deny any attempt of selecting any other unit doesn't seem possible.

Edit3:
Only way I could go now is by making it periodic. Every 0.04sec the hero is selected in case another unit is selected. :/
But periodic stuff like that always costs a fair amount of performance and is never the "good" way to do it ^^

Kinda odd since it worked flawlessly on our map. What did you do different?

Level 8
Never mind. Turned out it does work. Looks like I didn't test one specific thing that I wanted to do lolz >_<

call SetSelection(false,false) does remove the current selection but with
call SelectUnit(...) you can still select s.th., which I thought wouldn't be able and forgot to test as it seems :s

Well that's good news anyways ^.^

Level 6
Never mind. Turned out it does work. Looks like I didn't test one specific thing that I wanted to do lolz >_<

call SetSelection(false,false) does remove the current selection but with
call SelectUnit(...) you can still select s.th., which I thought wouldn't be able and forgot to test as it seems :s

Well that's good news anyways ^.^

So the selection action should have been after the disable stuff?
NOOOOO!!... Almost got it >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.