• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III Halls of Agony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Diablo III Halls of Agony
by Booody, Hell Gate​

Hello and welcome to my project introduction.
My new Diablo III map is a fast RPG map with many references
to the Diablo III Demon Hunter Gameplay Trailer and the Blizzcon 2010 Diablo III Demo:

The map is the third part of my Diablo III Campaign and a Sequel of my maps Diablo III New Tristram and Diablo III Borderlands.

Story
After defeating Azmodan the lord of Sin in the Borderlands, our heroic group receives a distress call from the area near Tristram. Once there, they got a nasty surprise. The country is plagued by demons. The mysterious cult has created new demon portals in the King Leorics Halls of Agony. It is time to defeat the cult finally. And the fight against another evil lies before us. On the northern horizon in the direction of the World Stone crater gather dark clouds. A massive demonic invasion is announced...
Features:

Heroes:
Player can pick Barbarian, Wizard, Monk, Demon Hunter or Witch Doctor hero to play with

Triggered Abilities:
All abilities are custom made: You will see awesome special effect within game! From basic killing units to powerful spells!

Custom Balance System:
Name speak for itself. You can play alone and with friends at same difficulty!

Random Item Drop System:
Items will be generated with triggers after each killed enemy unit. Starting from weak ones to powerful ones!
Also bosses will drop special items!

Custom Enemy AI:
Most of enemy creatures are controlled with triggers, they will attack, defend, cast spells creating for you awesome battles!

HeroesPlayable with up to 6 Players:
You can play game with max 6 players!

Custom Events:
It gives a lot of cool Events there make the world lively and the story more interesting.

Epic Boss Fights:
The map has cool bosses and one final enemy.

Dark Diablo like Landscapes:
The map is subdivided into three regions:
- the area arround New Tristram will be the start region
- The Halls of Agony
- Highland Passage
- Torture Chambers of the Mad King

Project Leader: Booody
Triggerer: Hell Gate

Beta

Final version v.1.0 :
Terrain 100%
Units 100%
Spells 100%
Quests 100%
Items 100%
Bosses 100%
Traps 100%

The map is inspired from Cloudwolfs map. I have taken some elements from him into my map.

Screenshots:

wc3scrnshot122010230248.jpg

wc3scrnshot122010230424.jpg

wc3scrnshot122010230208.jpg

wc3scrnshot122010200657.jpg

wc3scrnshot121010205357.jpg

wc3scrnshot121210021142.jpg

wc3scrnshot121210021554.jpg

wc3scrnshot120410230915.jpg

wc3scrnshot120410230930.jpg

wc3scrnshot121810201520.jpg

wc3scrnshot122010201254.jpg

wc3scrnshot122010201614.jpg

wc3scrnshot112510074035.jpg

wc3scrnshot112510074040.jpg

wc3scrnshot112510074058.jpg

wc3scrnshot112710135242.jpg

wc3scrnshot112710135635.jpg

wc3scrnshot112710135642.jpg

Thanks to the following persons:

Cloudwolf for his fantastic map and the inspiration to this map.
Hell Gate for the trigger systems.
Fan for his models.

I hope you like my project. I am glad for suggestions, opinions and criticism :csmile:

Last edited:
Level 17
Terrain needs some detail. =P

Looks good, I hope it is as awesome as your previous maps.

Level 12
Terrain needs some detail. =P

Looks good, I hope it is as awesome as your previous maps.

The map is in no way inferior to the previous maps.
The screenshots show a first pre-alpha version. I will add many details to the environment.
This map should be even better than the previous one. I have learned from past mistakes. This map is from the beginning correctly and fluently playable :)

More screenshots will follow...

Level 5
The skins are made by god...

Need to play this!

I think they're by Cloudwolf, oh wait, that would be god in this case. :grin:

Hope your map is as good as the other D3 maps I've seen on the hive, yours included. Downloading and playing soon as I can. (edit: realized the link was for the Borderlands which I already have, derp)

Level 12
I think they're by Cloudwolf, oh wait, that would be god in this case. :grin:

Hope your map is as good as the other D3 maps I've seen on the hive, yours included. Downloading and playing soon as I can. (edit: realized the link was for the Borderlands which I already have, derp)

Thank you. The skins (tilesets, unit skins and wall texture) are by me. Today I will release new versions of Borderlands (final version v1.05c) and New Tristram (final version v1.02d). New Tristram now uses a similar wall texture as Halls of Agony. And I have revised the demon hunter (grenade skill).

Maybe I can release a demo of Halls of Agony before christmas :)

I have uploaded a few new screenshots^^

Level 12
I noticed some of the UI was in another language (german?), do you need help translating?

Thank you. The language of the UI is in German to me because I have a German version. If you have an English version then the descriptions are in English. But if you want to help me, you can even look at my other Diablo III maps and search English grammar errors (items, quests, or other descriptions). I can give you both maps unprotected if you want...

Level 12
First impressions of the outdoor area:

outdoorareal1.jpg

After the first dungeon.

outdoorareal2.jpg

The large bridge from trailer.

outdoorareal3.jpg

How many are too many? ;)

This area is far from finished. It need many more details.

Level 12
Level 12
i meaned the terrain itself
it's has sharp edges and makes the same effects life a blizzard cliff but how?
i have JNGP

I have JNGP too including the World Editor Unlimited.

In World Editor Unlimited, there are 90° flow possible. You can download it on www.hiveworkshop.com.

Copy it into same folder, where is JNGP, then open JNGP and select in the speed bar the button "Integrate WEU" (WE Unlimited).

Level 12
Some information about the demo:
The demo will include 3 areas:
1. Tamo-Highlands (outdoor area)
2. Halls of Agony (largest demo area)
3. Large bridge (outdoor area)

The final dungeon Leoric's prison (blue light dungeon) will not be in the demo (only in the final version).
I have converted all items from New Tristram into stronger versions
and there are new item sets for each class. I try to release the demo on Christmas...

Level 16
Level 3
Request to JOIN!

Hey! Now your map has inspired me. In ways, i would like to help in creating this project. Heres my statistics (in my opinion):

Terraining:
3/5
Triggering:
2/5
Making Nice Descriptions:
5/5
Idea making:
5/5
Modeling:
1/5
Skinning:
2/5

As you noticed above, i currently can't terrain, trigger, model and skin well but im GODLIKE at creating descriptions.
Please accept me in this project.

Level 12
Hey! Now your map has inspired me. In ways, i would like to help in creating this project. Heres my statistics (in my opinion):

Terraining:
3/5
Triggering:
2/5
Making Nice Descriptions:
5/5
Idea making:
5/5
Modeling:
1/5
Skinning:
2/5

As you noticed above, i currently can't terrain, trigger, model and skin well but im GODLIKE at creating descriptions.
Please accept me in this project.

Hey, thanks for your offer :)

I could need someone who can fix the grammatical errors in my maps (New Tristram, Borderlands and later Halls of Agony) and improve the descriptions and the quest messages to a good English. If you want to help me, so write me again. Then I can send you the newest map versions of Borderlands and New Tristram (unprotected) for a grammatic improvement. If the new map Halls of Agony is ready, i can send it to you too... :)

Level 4
If you want booody, I could do that.
My english is pretty good and I've played through Borderlands and New Tristram mutiple times, I've noticed some grammatical errors and spelling errors.

Level 12
If Halls of Agony is finished, I plan to make a Diablo III PvP map with hell gate like this:

It wouldn't be much work and I think it would be very funny in Battlenet (mode 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3). It is a good idea? What do you think?

Then I would create the fourth Diablo III chapter. It could be named Bastion Keep. But I'm still not sure...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.